Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5444048

Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

The 2006 Super Bowl, Steelers over Seahawks

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

It's nice to see him admitting he made a mistake.

I still think the Steelers would have won that game regardless.

Comment

Get a rope.

Comment

That game was an officiating abortion, which NFL Network's Top 10 has been more than happy to demonstrate as the entire game was its #7 most contraversial call

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          That game was an officiating abortion, which NFL Network's Top 10 has been more than happy to demonstrate as the entire game was its #7 most contraversial call
          HA.
          I remember watching it and thinking "What did that ref see?" the entire game.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

I watched it at a party that had Heath Millers family there, and they even was sad to see how bad the officiating was.

Comment

Inexcusable.

The NFL needs to have minimum 6 cameras to record field play on every down, three separate cameras for the endzone.

Not a fan of Holgrem, but they were robbed of points in that game.

Comment

They need to get full time refs. It is a multi BILLION dollar industry you need full time refs. Do something that will actually help the game goodell. I despise Goodell so much. He wants to fart around changing th logo how about you actually do something to improve the game.

I mean you gotta play around that **** w/ the refs and all that. That is one thing I learned from wrestling. But you have to make the refs full time.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  The Steelers benefited alot from refs, I think the had like 4-5 spots on that list. The Raiders on the other hand got screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    They need to get full time refs. It is a multi BILLION dollar industry you need full time refs. Do something that will actually help the game goodell. I despise Goodell so much. He wants to fart around changing th logo how about you actually do something to improve the game.

I mean you gotta play around that **** w/ the refs and all that. That is one thing I learned from wrestling. But you have to make the refs full time.
                    The worst part about wrestling was when you had a homer ref who gave "easy" points for a TD for the other guy and made you finish it ALL the way.

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Refs don't get enough credit/blame for influenicing winners and losers in games.
                      This was the biggest & worst example.

But many games have some big calls not late in the game that cost a team a TD, or affect the way a team plays.

Anyone here remember Larry Fitzgerald just shoving Charles Woodson, two times and once to the ground for a wide open TD, in our playoff game this year? Those calls are huge.

The only one worse than the refs in that Seattle-Pittsburgh game was Roethlisberger, and he got bailed out.

Comment

Well they're looking into chipping up the balls. Mistakes will still be made in the beginning, but any technology that helps eliminate human error is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          Refs don't get enough credit/blame for influenicing winners and losers in games.
                          This was the biggest & worst example.

But many games have some big calls not late in the game that cost a team a TD, or affect the way a team plays.

Anyone here remember Larry Fitzgerald just shoving Charles Woodson, two times and once to the ground for a wide open TD, in our playoff game this year? Those calls are huge.

The only one worse than the refs in that Seattle-Pittsburgh game was Roethlisberger, and he got bailed out.
                          Do you mean him sucking or sneaking the ball across when he was already down?

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                            The worst part about wrestling was when you had a homer ref who gave "easy" points for a TD for the other guy and made you finish it ALL the way.
                            yeah one time it was the final match in a dual. final OT. My teammate dropped to a single and was sprawled out clinging on. the ref gave our opponent an escape and lost us the dual meet. My coach lost his mind. I still get pissed about it a year and a half later.

Anyway as a Ravens fan my squad had a lot of drama regarding calls. It sucks but ya just gotta pony up and play. Bitching about it every press conference will make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                              Well they're looking into chipping up the balls. Mistakes will still be made in the beginning, but any technology that helps eliminate human error is a good thing.
                              That isn't a good idea IMO.
                              Unless the technology is absolutely flawless.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information