Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braylon Edwards still a douche bag.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/sp...gewanted=1&hpw

How far does this guy have his head up his own ass, seriously.

People in Ohio HATE you because you were a ******* joke at football and constantly dropped passes while acting like you were jesus christ himself.

cant read the article

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
      cant read the article
      Jets’ Edwards Shows Smile and Growth on His Face

By GREG BISHOP
      Published: August 8, 2010

CORTLAND, N.Y. — Braylon Edwards has turned his beard into a person. Over the past week alone, The Beard traveled here to Jets training camp, conducted interviews and considered making T-shirts.

Edwards started growing his new friend months ago, and it now juts some six glorious inches from his chin. The Beard represents Edwards’s most obvious growth since the Jets traded for him last season. It also underscores his continuing revival, away, Edwards hopes, from the perceptions that have plagued him, toward potential again fulfilled.

“He has a sense of renewal,” his mother, Malesa Plater, said. “He came from a team that was always looking for a savior to a team that knows how to win. No one would understand what he’s been through unless you’ve been drowning.”

Inside a Manhattan lounge last month, Edwards, 27, sipped white wine and explained how the Jets, the N.F.L.’s boldest team, in its biggest market, returned serenity to his life. He gushed about his year-old son, Braylon Jr., about the improved relationship with his offensive coordinator, about his mother’s recent wedding vow renewal, attended by Edwards and The Beard.

Plater remains her son’s closest confidante, his best friend, their bond such that they can communicate without words. She saw in her son this off-season something that had vanished — a level of happiness last evident in his senior year at Michigan.

“This is all I ever needed,” Edwards said. “And all I never had.”

Never had, he means, in Cleveland, with the organization that selected him with the third overall pick in 2005. Edwards glanced at the roster immediately after the Browns drafted him. He did not recognize many names.

Edwards arrived at his first news conference clad in a tailored Italian suit, head high, driving a Bentley coupe. Instantly, he said, this left the wrong impression.

Here was a Michigan man about to play professionally in Ohio, a young, rich, outspoken athlete driving a car that cost as much as a house. Blue-collar Cleveland, Plater said, never forgot that, despite the $1 million worth of scholarships she said her son endowed. She described him as “the most hated man” there.

Edwards added: “There’s nothing going on in Cleveland. There’s no real estate. There’s no social life, no social networking. All the people who have something going on leave Cleveland. So Cleveland has nothing, and I came in there with a New York-type of essence. So what? That was the attitude I came in with. Like, this is who I am. They didn’t like the flash.”

Edwards made the Pro Bowl in his third season, with 16 touchdowns and 1,289 receiving yards. But he was criticized in 2006 for arriving late to a team meeting after chartering a helicopter to attend a college football game. In 2008, after catching passes from four quarterbacks during the season, he told his mother he might retire when his contract expired. That would have been after this season.

Each year, it seemed, brought new coaches, or new coordinators, but expectations never changed. He felt burdened by the constant shuffling, the upheaval, the idea that he could, that he should, fix all of it. Edwards felt, “I’d be stuck in a less than mediocre team, organization, system, forever.”

The low point came in a 23-20 overtime loss to the Cincinnati Bengals last Oct. 4, when Edwards went without a catch for the first time in his career. On the ride home, Plater had never seen him so depressed. He looked tired, beaten, miserable. Everybody, even his neighbors, Edwards said, could see that.

“My career is over,” he told Plater. “I’m going to be stuck here for the rest of my career.”

Later that night, or early the next morning, Edwards got into an altercation at a nightclub. The man he is accused of punching, Edward Givens, was a friend of LeBron James, who claimed Edwards was jealous of his success.

That week, Cleveland traded Edwards to the Jets, unloading an athletically gifted receiver less than two years removed from the Pro Bowl and still in the middle of his prime.

Edwards said he thought his story existed in the gulf between perception and reality. Perception, in his words: flashy, talkative, selfish, arrogant and, worst of all, prone to dropped passes, a statistic his mother said was “created because of him.” Reality, also in his words: pretty much the opposite.

This subject remains complicated, more gray than black and white. He said he expected the kind of scrutiny he has faced, but admitted that it bothered him. He said he wanted to change perception but worried that by addressing those notions, he gave merit to them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/09/sp...ted=1&_r=3&hpw

I don't get how someone can be so arrogant and self-absorbed.
      Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 08-10-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

he comes off like a complete douchebag and this feels like a puff piece

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          he comes off like a complete douchebag and this feels like a puff piece
          Cleveland gets visited by Braylon Edwards and LeBron James within 3 weeks in November/Early December, lots of hate around the holiday season.

Comment

What is the point of this thread? What did you want to discuss?

Comment

<3 Braylon.
              <33 Braylon's hate of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                What is the point of this thread? What did you want to discuss?
                It's a football forum and a player in the NFL made stupid comments, there are plenty of threads that are much more pointless than this one. Even if this is pointless, it's still comments made towards an organization and news. I don't really know what the "point" of the thread is, just that I felt like posting it because it was Braylon making himself out to be more of a jackass.

Also, I find the irony in him completely ripping on Cleveland and the way of living when he was born in ******* Detroit.

Comment

It would be the NYtimes writing a piece like that.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                    <3 Braylon.
                    <33 Braylon's hate of Ohio.
                    I agree with this!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      It's a football forum and a player in the NFL made stupid comments, there are plenty of threads that are much more pointless than this one. Even if this is pointless, it's still comments made towards an organization and news. I don't really know what the "point" of the thread is, just that I felt like posting it because it was Braylon making himself out to be more of a jackass.

Also, I find the irony in him completely ripping on Cleveland and the way of living when he was born in ******* Detroit.
                      What irony? The man knows how to avoid complete **** holes.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                        It would be the NYtimes writing a piece like that.
                        every major paper does puff pieces on sports players.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

“This is all I ever needed,” Edwards said. “And all I never had.”

**** outta here.

All WE ever saw. See if NY all he needs if he repeats this.

Originally posted by borg9
                          Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

So he likes NY a lot more than Cleveland and thinks the browns are an incredibly dysfunctional franchise

Sounds spot on to me

Sig by Me

Comment

Braylon Edwards is delusional. Why diss the city of Cleveland because you happen to be the MOST inconsistent front-line WR in the NFL??

People hate on you dude because you drop too many dang passes for a pro-bowl WR. End of story.

Another wanna-be who begs to be 'the man', but can't handle the expectations that come with being anointed a star.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information