Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derrick Brooks hangs em' up.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/11/d...es-retirement/

Definite HOF and he was one of the greatest.

Yes, he is easily a Hall of Famer. Probably won't be first ballot, but he'll get in.

Comment

Derrick. You make all us Brookses proud. Thanks for making us baller.

Comment

One of my favorites growing up.

Comment

Dude was dominant.

5 touchdowns in one season from a LB? Come on man, Darren McFadden has 5 career touchdowns.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

One of the greatest is kind of a stretch, and the only total lock of a hall of famer from that Bucs defense is Warren Sapp.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              One of the greatest is kind of a stretch, and the only total lock of a hall of famer from that Bucs defense is Warren Sapp.

Yes, sir. As time has progressed the Bucs defense will be remembered for big #99. Lynch, Barber, Brooks were all very good, even great players. But hall of fame worthy? I don't think so. Then again, I am much stricter than most and there are plenty of guys in Canton right now that I don't think ought to have been inducted.

Comment

Man has heart. Loved that TB defense. HOF fo sho

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  Yes, sir. As time has progressed the Bucs defense will be remembered for big #99. Lynch, Barber, Brooks were all very good, even great players. But hall of fame worthy? I don't think so. Then again, I am much stricter than most and there are plenty of guys in Canton right now that I don't think ought to have been inducted.
                  I used to say that too. But Brooks has every HOF credential you need.

That unit was dominant for a long, long time and Sapp and Brooks were the two best players the entire reign. He's got a ring, and had long-term dominance a six-time first team All-Pro, three-time second team All-Pro, and an eleven time Pro Bowler, and won DPOTY once. He is every bit the standard bearer of the weakside Cover Two linebacker that Jack Ham is.

Sapp will be the first guy voted in, and a first balloter, but I have no doubt Brooks will get in, too. Doesn't hurt that the media absolutely loves him, too.

I agree though, that Lynch and Barber are not Hall of Famers.

Comment

Wait....there are people that don't think Brooks is a lock for first ballot? Sapp before Brooks? REALLY?

Sapp only gets in first because he retired first.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                      Wait....there are people that don't think Brooks is a lock for first ballot? Sapp before Brooks? REALLY?
                      Yes, really. Sapp was the more dominant player during their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        Yes, really. Sapp was the more dominant player during their primes.

They were both very dominant during their primes. Brooks did it longer.

Brooks was the absolute best OLB in the league for what, 10 years?

Comment

Maybe four years.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Everything else being equal, the sack numbers Sapp put up as a DT overwhelm anything Brooks did.

Comment

I'm struggling to think of another OLB that had anywhere near the run Brooks had.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information