Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Champ Bailey/C. Woodson in their "Prime".....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey/C. Woodson in their "Prime".....

If you can reverse age. Where would they rank among Revis, Nmandi? Just curious, what you guys think. Never got to see those 2, even Nmandi today. Based off of reputation in the NFL

So you guys think it would be like this..........

1 - revis
    465869770 = those other guys????

just bored
    Last edited by katnip; 08-13-2010, 12:37 AM.
    Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Originally posted by katnip View Post
    If you can reverse age. Where would they rank among Revis, Nmandi? Just curious, what you guys think. Never got to see those 2, even Nmandi today. Based off of reputation in the NFL

1 - revis

just bored
    Can you repeat the question in English, please?
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Can you repeat the question in English, please?
      Or at least make it all the way through 3rd grade first?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        Or at least make it all the way through 3rd grade first?
        Or could the question he poses be so deep, it raises more questions than it answers?

Why are Bailey and Woodson mentioned in the title, while only Nnamdi and Revis are in the body?
        Is the use of "Prime" a reference to Deion Sanders?
        Where the hell did he come up with those numbers?
        Is 465869770 his social security number? Did the person reading this just now go back and count the digits of the number to see if it could really be a social security number?
        Could this possibly be a finished madlib?

Science may never know. All I know for sure is that my eyes inexplicably start watering whenever I read the post. I'm not if that's good or bad though, to be honest.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          Science may never know. All I know for sure is that my eyes inexplicably start watering whenever I read the post. I'm not if that's good or bad though, to be honest.
          Consult with a physician immediately.

Comment

Well Charles Woodson probably had his best year last year...

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post

1 - revis

just bored
              Based off of "reputation" in the NFL? What kind of criteria is that? And I'm pretty sure Revis' reputation is close to dead last right now with the holdout.
              I'm a state.

Comment

Bailey>Woodson

Bailey in his prime>Revis having one great year

i dont know if i answered the question in the format you were asking because it didnt make any sense.

and i guess you think revis is the best corner ever with having him one and the 465869770 as the rest
                E]

Comment

Champ Bailey was always, always incredibly overrated. Teams were never afraid of him. In fact, several times he was the corner most thrown at. He has been punked by all sorts of great Wide Receivers. The guy was hardly a "shut down" anything. Charles Woodson was better over the long hall of his career, except for the last year or so in Oakland. Ty Law should be right up there too. To me, he had the best combination of regular and playoff season success.

Darrelle Revis isn't there yet, but a few more like last year and he will be considered the premier corner of this generation. Nnamdi has been great, but his team has held him down. Worst yet, since it is so easy to beat the Raiders no one tests him out. We haven't seen that big match-up between him and Larry Fitzgerald, with the game on the line, in the end-zone.

Comment

Champ in 06> Revis last year. Champ was absolute shutdown in 06.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Yes, that was a great year for Champ Bailey. In fact, he should have won DPotY. He had interceptions galore and the Broncos ranked 5th against #1 receivers. However, that does not make up for the fact that he was very up and down over his career. He was as mediocre as can be in '04 and '05.

I would take Ty Law's resume every day and twice on Sunday. Not only was he a great corner in general, being the premier corner on three Super Bowl teams, but his post-season domination of Peyton Manning is something that is Canton-worthy. Even as a Chief in '06! When you can embarrass the guy who will likely be the top QB at every major statistical milestone in the playoffs on a consistent basis you are an all time great.
                      Last edited by Shiver; 08-13-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

If we forget about tackling I vote Prime Time.:)

Comment

Ty Law was considered by most around the NFL (including Deion) as the best CB ever when he was in New England. Woodson's always been really good and even underrated at times, but I don't think he's ever been considered the best in any given year. Bailey's been up and down, but has mostly been damn good.

We can't really judge Revis right now because he just doesn't have tenure, and hasn't done it for long enough. From what I can tell, he's closer to Law in that he's actually as good (or better in Law's case) than his reputation. Opposed to Woodson and Bailey, whose reputations rarely synched up with their actually ability in a given year or span of years.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            Ty Law was considered by most around the NFL (including Deion) as the best CB ever when he was in New England. Woodson's always been really good and even underrated at times, but I don't think he's ever been considered the best in any given year. Bailey's been up and down, but has mostly been damn good.

We can't really judge Revis right now because he just doesn't have tenure, and hasn't done it for long enough. From what I can tell, he's closer to Law in that he's actually as good (or better in Law's case) than his reputation. Opposed to Woodson and Bailey, whose reputations rarely synched up with their actually ability in a given year or span of years.

I agree completely with everything in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Champ Bailey was always, always incredibly overrated. Teams were never afraid of him. In fact, several times he was the corner most thrown at. He has been punked by all sorts of great Wide Receivers. The guy was hardly a "shut down" anything. Charles Woodson was better over the long hall of his career, except for the last year or so in Oakland. Ty Law should be right up there too. To me, he had the best combination of regular and playoff season success.
                              Thing is, Woodson was pretty overrated for a lot of his Oakland career. In his last few years he was worthless. He was more of an issue off the field than his play on the field was worth, but even earlier in his career he suffered from lapses in concentration. Despite the length of time spent in Oakland, I think he's been a much better Packer than he ever was as a Raider. Nnamdi Asomugha is already a far better player as a Raider.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information