Best throwback uniforms in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best throwback uniforms in the NFL?

The Colts are apparently wearing their 1955 throwback uniforms for Sunday's preseason game against my 49ers. To be honest, those are arguably the best throwbacks I've seen worn in the NFL. If I was starting an expansion franchise in Los Angeles or something, I'd love that design, minus the horseshoe of course. Just plain. Simple, but powerful and elegant:

So what are the best throwback uniforms in the NFL to you?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

I Demand More Dopey Horse

Comment

I like these tbh...

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

As much as I hate the Pats, I gotta say that I love their throwback uniforms so much better then their current ones :

Comment

Comment

I love the Pats throwbacks, the reds are my favorite. I have a Troy Brown one.

Comment

Powder Blue Chargers

Last edited by bantx; 08-14-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                As much as I hate the Pats, I gotta say that I love their throwback uniforms so much better then their current ones :

The helmet is epic.

Comment

I like the Jets/Titans throwbacks

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Cardinals haven't worn any that I know of but I would love a Tillman throwback game

Comment

I'm quite partial to these for obvious reasons, probably because I hate our regular jerseys so much. That's how you wear the purple and gold right there.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post

Those are my favorite 2. I liked the San Diego powder blue but they've worn them too much over the last couple seasons.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Cardinals haven't worn any that I know of but I would love a Tillman throwback game
                          The Zona Cards unis are their St. Louis throwback unis, I don't think they've ever changed except adding the Arizona state flag. The 9ers went back to their cherry red jerseys with the 3 sleeve stripes last yr too.

Tacky as they are I got to give some love for the Dallas throwbacks from 1961, still with that blue star on the helmets. I like the old Browns unis too, the jerseys that were that shade of eggplant purple that's almost brown.

Also big props for the Tennessee Titans & KC Chiefs throwbacks, so the teens & 20-something fans can look at those oil derricks & state of Texas silhouettes on the helmets & get confused, LOL. Love to see the old Oilers & Texans.
                          If I was starting an expansion franchise in Los Angeles or something, I'd love that design, minus the horseshoe of course. Just plain. Simple, but powerful and elegant
                          Change to a darker navy jersey with shoulderpad stripes & put some white spiral horns on the helmets & you have the LA team of the late 60s: the Rams. They added the yellow-gold later.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 08-14-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

The Bucs cream jersey is among the worst 4 or 5... :/

Worst ever:

As much as I dislike the Jets as a team, I love their throwbacks to the 'Titans'.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              Those are my favorite 2. I liked the San Diego powder blue but they've worn them too much over the last couple seasons.
                              That's why I hate SD's new uniforms so much. Liked them much better when they rocked the dark blue all season and busted the true powder blue throwbacks once a season.

The uniforms (with the white helmet alternated with dark blue and powder blues) looks like it has an identity crisis.

And Buffalo has, by far, the best throwbacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information