Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percy Harvin collapses at practice, taken away in ambulance

Percy Harvin collapses at practice, taken away in ambulance

One of the most eventful preseasons in Vikings history went from bizarre to scary on Thursday, when receiver Percy Harvin vomited, collapsed, and eventually was taken to a hospital via ambulance.

• LizardState
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    I had a friend who suffered from regular migraines and weed didn't stop them for her, they made them more bareable and less painful but they didn't go away the way weed does to normal headaches. It did help prevent them from coming on as viciously as she told me she could sense when one was going to come on later that day and when we smoked they didn't hit her as hard or as bad. I'm serious though about the acid, that **** did work, although it's hard to use that as a regular cure.
    Migraines make you nauseated, not just queasy but throwing your guts up nauseated. Even on an empty stomach. The weed helps with the nausea & you can keep dinner down.

Leave a comment:

• Rosebud
    replied
    Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
    When he was drafted I had massive concerns over all sorts of things... who would have thought that getting off the weed would be the worst thing he did...

I've never had a migraine so I can't really relate but even the worst headache I've ever had I could have played/trained if I had wanted so it does seem kind of overboard to need an ambulance.

I wish he would get it sorted though, too talented a player to be missing everything with migraines, needs to get back on the wacky weed that seemed to pretty much obliterate the problem at UF...
    No it doesn't. I've had one migraine in my life and the pain was paralyzing. If I even tried to move the pain was worse than when I shattered the bones in my leg into 5 pieces.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by prock View Post
    Then how did he survive playing with Tebow at UF??
    Guys, there has been a serious oversight by all of us. Harvin had less/less severe migraines because of Tim Tebow... maybe he is Jesus...

Honestly though, I hate hearing this stuff, migraines redefine the definition of pain, and hopefully he will find something that helps.

Leave a comment:

• wogitalia
    replied
    When he was drafted I had massive concerns over all sorts of things... who would have thought that getting off the weed would be the worst thing he did...

I've never had a migraine so I can't really relate but even the worst headache I've ever had I could have played/trained if I had wanted so it does seem kind of overboard to need an ambulance.

I wish he would get it sorted though, too talented a player to be missing everything with migraines, needs to get back on the wacky weed that seemed to pretty much obliterate the problem at UF...

Leave a comment:

• PackerLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent View Post
    my roommate in college used to have severe migraines. he took a lot of meds for it. once he had one so bad he couldnt speak and was having trouble recognizing his surroundings. I had to take his ass to the hospital.
    Technically you didnt have to. You could have dumped his ass in a ditch or pushed him off a bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    my roommate in college used to have severe migraines. he took a lot of meds for it. once he had one so bad he couldnt speak and was having trouble recognizing his surroundings. I had to take his ass to the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    This.

In my teen years, I used to get serve migraines. The pounding and throbbing pain can be excruciating. They also last up to 48 hours and vary in severity during that time. Anywhere from a dull nagging pain, to pain so serve you cant stand upright.

They say that migraines can be stress related also. His grandma he was close to died recently, im betting the added stress is a contributing factor.

I'll say this, when I had my serve migraines, the only thing I could do to help it was darkness, silence, and someplace out of any kind of heat. Any kind of painkiller I took really did no good. So if Percy is playing through migraine pain of that sort, then I say that he one tough little bastard.
    I never had any 48 hour ones, that must have been awful. Mine usually only lasted a few. One time I had some Tylenol with codeine left over from my wisdom teeth removal and took 2-3 of those to deal with a migraine. I was lying down trying to sleep, and I could feel my entire body numbing with the codeine. Except for this one part of my head that kept throbbing. That one was brutal enough with the codeine, i'd hate to suffer through it with regular extra strength painkillers.

I never got mine diagnosed or anything, but I know they weren't regular headaches because I usually get auras. For those that don't know, it's some serious visual distortion that leads to a migraine. It starts off with one zig zaggy line in my eye, branches from there until eventually I have no peripheral vision and can't see very well at all. Then, it slowly fades away... and the migraine comes. The first time it happened I was really confused, and now it's just awful. It's like, you know you're about to be in some serious pain and have no way out of it.

I'm lucky cuz I rarely get them anymore. *knock on wood*. But they never ever seem to happen on a day where I'm doing nothing lol. I haven't called in sick to work in over a year, but I've had to go home halfway through 2-3 times in that span.

Leave a comment:

• Rosebud
    replied
    Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    i've never had one. i've had sinus headaches. and percy doesn't get the occasional migrane, he gets regular ones. isn't weed another effective drug to reduce headaches, or at least the symptoms? maybe thats one reason he tested positive at the combine, he had to use it for migraines. or i could be wrong about this whole thing and he just enjoys the ganja. that, too, is acceptable.
    I had a friend who suffered from regular migraines and weed didn't stop them for her, they made them more bareable and less painful but they didn't go away the way weed does to normal headaches. It did help prevent them from coming on as viciously as she told me she could sense when one was going to come on later that day and when we smoked they didn't hit her as hard or as bad. I'm serious though about the acid, that **** did work, although it's hard to use that as a regular cure.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    He was probably just overgasped from Favre's divine intervention
    Then how did he survive playing with Tebow at UF??

Leave a comment:

• General Zod
    replied
    Originally posted by descendency View Post
    If you are posting about how you think harvin is exaggerating his migrane issue or anything in that vane, you haven't had a real migrane headache.
    This.

In my teen years, I used to get serve migraines. The pounding and throbbing pain can be excruciating. They also last up to 48 hours and vary in severity during that time. Anywhere from a dull nagging pain, to pain so serve you cant stand upright.

They say that migraines can be stress related also. His grandma he was close to died recently, im betting the added stress is a contributing factor.

I'll say this, when I had my serve migraines, the only thing I could do to help it was darkness, silence, and someplace out of any kind of heat. Any kind of painkiller I took really did no good. So if Percy is playing through migraine pain of that sort, then I say that he one tough little bastard.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    he smoked too much weed at florida to get a migraine
    Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
    i've never had one. i've had sinus headaches. and percy doesn't get the occasional migrane, he gets regular ones. isn't weed another effective drug to reduce headaches, or at least the symptoms? maybe thats one reason he tested positive at the combine, he had to use it for migraines. or i could be wrong about this whole thing and he just enjoys the ganja. that, too, is acceptable.
    with most states having some form of legal marijuana, would the NFL suspend a player for using it legally?
    Responding to all of these at once:

Harvin was affected with migraine while at UF, but it wasn't as frequent or persistent as a problem as it is now. He was occasionally held out of practice and missed one game in his college career because of it (sophomore year, if I'm remembering correctly).

Also, he wouldn't be able to use medical marijuana even if prescribed by a doctor, for a couple of reasons. The CBA (even though we don't have one atm) supercedes state law, and it'll still an illegal substance under the CBA. Second, medical marijuana isn't protected by law in the workplace yet. Even if you have a legitimate medical reason, your employer can still take disciplinary action and/or fire you.

Also, (dunno if you guys remember this), but Hollis Thomas was suspended for PED use. His argument at the time was that he had asthma, and albuterol inhalers have steroids. Dunno if it falls under the same jurisdiction (since it's a PED and not an "illegal" substance), but there is some precedence here.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    If you are posting about how you think harvin is exaggerating his migrane issue or anything in that vane, you haven't had a real migrane headache.

Last one I had, I had to take serious pain killers and stay out of light for quite a while to make the pain bearable.

Leave a comment:

• PackerLegend
    replied
    So much for him "not wanting to practice". Anytime someone collapses and is taken away in an ambulance, thats scary stuff. Ive had headaches like everyone but never migraines. For the longest time I just thought it was a bad headache which im assuming many people mistake it as. As I now know its much much worse. No one should have to live with this, especially someone who seems like they suffer almost constantly. This must really really suck and then the guys playing in the NFL which must make it worse. Just looking into the sun could trigger it? Thats crazy.

Leave a comment:

• TitanHope
    replied
    I get that Harvin's migraines is a severe case.

There's a laundry list of things that people say is helped by weed. That was just a joke by me, but I guess the two could be related. Dehydration and not eating can cause or increase the severity of headaches.

with most states having some form of legal marijuana, would the NFL suspend a player for using it legally?
    I don't think so, as long as it's prescribed. It'd probably fall under the lines as the players with ADD who are taking amphetamines for it (which is what Adderall is).

There are pure medicinal forms of marijuana though, like Marinol (I may've botched the spelling). I took it during chemo to give me the munchies so I'd feel like eating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information