No announcement yet.

Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if he signs before week 1 it won't be with SD that ship has sailed.

Comment

Right, but it won't hurt his trade value any more than it's already had done to it.

Comment

Can't say I'm too upset that neither will be playing week 1 at Arrowhead on MNF. Nope, can't say I'd be upset at all.

:D

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Jackson is a beneficiary of the scheme. I have a feeling Naane and Floyd do just fine and the Chargers laugh all the way to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            Jackson is a beneficiary of the scheme. I have a feeling Naane and Floyd do just fine and the Chargers laugh all the way to the bank.
            I said it after seeing Naane play the Bears last week that he's going to make people forget Jackson.

McNeil on the other hand is going to be sorely missed I feel....especially with their lack of depth.

Comment

McNeil's been mediocre for 2 years, and could be easily replaced if the Chargers had any depth. People are seriously overrating McNeil and underrating Jackson in this whole ordeal.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                McNeil's been mediocre for 2 years, and could be easily replaced if the Chargers had any depth. People are seriously overrating McNeil and underrating Jackson in this whole ordeal.
                Well, they don't have any depth there and even someone mediocre would be nice to have.

And as for Jackson, he has great size and down the field ability and would make a good #1 for a lot of teams, but the Chargers don't need him to succeed as much as they need McNeil imo. If Jackson isn't there...no big deal, they have Gates and Floyd and I think Naane will step in and fill that hole just fine. But not having even a decent LT is going to hurt them.

Comment

Without Jackson, their core goes from near elite to mediocre, as he was a large reason for Floyd's production last season when he began to command double teams.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I think that Jackson was always 2nd fiddle to Gates.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      Well, they don't have any depth there and even someone mediocre would be nice to have.

And as for Jackson, he has great size and down the field ability and would make a good #1 for a lot of teams, but the Chargers don't need him to succeed as much as they need McNeil imo. If Jackson isn't there...no big deal, they have Gates and Floyd and I think Naane will step in and fill that hole just fine. But not having even a decent LT is going to hurt them.
                      Actually McNeill's replacement, Brandyn Dombrowski, has looked pretty good so far. He's actually a better run blocker than McNeill at this time, and has looked good in pass protection. The latter is the biggest concern, but he's done alright going up against Peppers and Ware. The biggest issue is depth at now at that tackle position with Tra retiring so if we have injuries like we did last year on the oline, then it's going to be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                        Without Jackson, their core goes from near elite to mediocre, as he was a large reason for Floyd's production last season when he began to command double teams.
                        That's not entirely true since Floyd didn't get into the starting lineup until Chambers was released. It's actually Gates who benefited from Jackson's double team and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Actually McNeill's replacement, Brandyn Dombrowski, has looked pretty good so far. He's actually a better run blocker than McNeill at this time, and has looked good in pass protection. The latter is the biggest concern, but he's done alright going up against Peppers and Ware. The biggest issue is depth at now at that tackle position with Tra retiring so if we have injuries like we did last year on the oline, then it's going to be bad.
                          Dombrowski had been injured too for a while I thought. They had 3rd string guards filling in at LT for a bit in camp iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Congrats AJ Smith, you won another pissing contest. Your team is gonna suck. I hate this guy so much.
                            Dude, VJ and his agent wants 30 million guaranteed. Even Seattle balk at that offer.

Oh and on a sidenote, Jackson's agent is the same as Revis's.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Dombrowski had been injured too for a while I thought. They had 3rd string guards filling in at LT for a bit in camp iirc.
                              No. Domb has the usual nicks and wear of training camp, but no serious injury. With the way things are, Tyronne Green (the third string guard that you mentioned) is the one who has been filling in at every position on the line. In fact, a lot of the depth players are moving around. Domb's primary position is left tackle, but he has also slided over to RT and allowed Green duties at left tackle as well just to get experience there.

I'm actually high on Green as well. The guy has such long arms that he can play the left tackle position despite his smaller stature. He's actually the reason why Tra Thomas decided to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                                Dude, VJ and his agent wants 30 million guaranteed. Even Seattle balk at that offer.

Oh and on a sidenote, Jackson's agent is the same as Revis's.
                                Regardless...AJ is a huge douche and extremely difficult to work with.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information