Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I still don't see this happening (I wish), but if it did what would the Falcons have to give up for him. Brandon Marshall racked in two 2nds, Santonio Holmes brought in a 5th, I think for V Jax it would have to be either a 2nd, or maybe two 3rds. I doubt the latter because it seems like too little, but Jackson won't even be allowed to be 4 or 6 games this year due to suspension (can't remember the exact amount). I know Vincent Jackson and Roddy White have the same agent which could help out a little.

    Comment


    • #62
      He won't be traded...he will sit the time and come in when he comes in. Hopefully he'll do some damage in the playoffs.

      Although this whole situation has me pondering what the Chargers' draft next year could look like. They already have a probable but conditional 2nd from NYJ and a 3rd from Seattle. I don't see VJ getting shipped out for less than a 2nd. Could be quite a haul.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        He won't be traded...he will sit the time and come in when he comes in. Hopefully he'll do some damage in the playoffs.

        Although this whole situation has me pondering what the Chargers' draft next year could look like. They already have a probable but conditional 2nd from NYJ and a 3rd from Seattle. I don't see VJ getting shipped out for less than a 2nd. Could be quite a haul.
        Pretty adamant on your stance there. You think all these trade talks are bs? Hopefully he signs before Setember 3rd for the people, like me, who have him in fantasy. Him coming to the Falcons is pretty implausible, but there must be a reason why we are talking to him.

        "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          Pretty adamant on your stance there. You think all these trade talks are bs? Hopefully he signs before Setember 3rd for the people, like me, who have him in fantasy. Him coming to the Falcons is pretty implausible, but there must be a reason why we are talking to him.
          Well he is not backing down from the 30 mill guaranteed/50 mill contract...and he has two DUIs, and the last time the NFL world saw him he was getting arrested on the day of the playoff game for driving without a license, to the freaking stadium. Show me the team that is giving V-Jack the superstar contract and giving up picks right now.

          It's a bad holdout. My thinking is he either comes in or he sits.

          Comment


          • #65
            People are overrating McNeil and underrating Jackson. Jackson is the more important player to keep from a skill standpoint.

            To be honest, the Left Tackle position as a whole has become overrated in the NFL.

            I know that sounds like blasphemy, but if you really think about it, it's true.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              People are overrating McNeil and underrating Jackson. Jackson is the more important player to keep from a skill standpoint.

              To be honest, the Left Tackle position as a whole has become overrated in the NFL.

              I know that sounds like blasphemy, but if you really think about it, it's true.
              And on the same note, Right Tackles have become undervalued by fans/media. Though recently it seems that NFL teams much more comfortable with spending high draft picks on RT's. I think it may have to do with the spread of the 3-4. Now you have athletic pass rushers on both sides opposed to in an old school 4-3 where you'd have your pass rusher at RE and your 280lb run stuffer at LE.

              Comment


              • #67
                I don't think either player is so key to the Chargers' future...McNeill is an OL with back problems at an early age and Jackson is scary good because Rivers is scary good (plus Jackson's really tall).

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  People are overrating McNeil and underrating Jackson. Jackson is the more important player to keep from a skill standpoint.
                  Rivers is good enough at spreading the ball around and has enough weapons to get by with out Jackson but he has to be standing up right to do it.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    And on the same note, Right Tackles have become undervalued by fans/media. Though recently it seems that NFL teams much more comfortable with spending high draft picks on RT's. I think it may have to do with the spread of the 3-4. Now you have athletic pass rushers on both sides opposed to in an old school 4-3 where you'd have your pass rusher at RE and your 280lb run stuffer at LE.
                    The right end is still probably going to be the premier pass rusher and the left tackle the most athletic pass blocker, only because it is most QB's blind side. But I agree, even 4-3 teams are putting two pass rushers on the ends these days.

                    Colts - Freeney and Mathis
                    Eagles - Cole and Graham
                    Vikings - Allen and Edwards
                    Texans - Williams and Smith (kind of)
                    Giants - Tuck and Umenoria, or JPP, or Kiwi

                    etc.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...e=HP_headlines

                      NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora sat down for an exclusive interview with Vincent Jackson, who's training in Arizona while holding out from the San Diego Chargers over his contract situation. The interview will air Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access," which starts at 7 p.m. ET.
                      If you click the link you can watch part of the interview.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                        I don't think either player is so key to the Chargers' future...McNeill is an OL with back problems at an early age and Jackson is scary good because Rivers is scary good (plus Jackson's really tall).

                        I bet Naanae and Floyd play really, really well.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...e=HP_headlines



                          If you click the link you can watch part of the interview.
                          Sigh, more drama. I hope they don't just lob him a bunch of softballs, there are some questions about this situation that make even VJ's biggest fans (myself) question this holdout. I mean...stop getting DUIs.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            Sigh, more drama. I hope they don't just lob him a bunch of softballs, there are some questions about this situation that make even VJ's biggest fans (myself) question this holdout. I mean...stop getting DUIs.
                            This really is a the sticking point, if not for this I think he would all ready have a long term deal with SD or been traded.

                            I can see SD's fear of locking him up long term as well as a teams fear of giving up the moon for him in a trade/money the risk is to much.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Even without the DUI's, I'm not sure he's worth Brandon Marshall money, which last I heard, is what he's aiming for. That or even better. He isn't worth that.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                They would just put a clause in the contract that says if he gets another DUI the contract gets voided if that's what they were worried about. He is just asking for too much money.
                                Last edited by FuzzyGopher; 08-27-2010, 07:51 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information