Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster spot in jeopardy for Dolphins' White

guess the experiment is over?

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano says he doesn't expect Pat White to play in the team's exhibition Friday against Atlanta, an indication the second-year quarterback's roster spot is in jeopardy.

White took three snaps to run out the clock in the opening game and didn't play Saturday at Jacksonville. He's fourth on the depth chart behind Chad Henne, Chad Pennington and Tyler Thigpen, and Sparano has said he'll keep only three quarterbacks.

White, a second-round draft pick in 2009, struggled with his throwing accuracy during a disappointing rookie season.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0xTLyvRsa

The Dolphins don't do so well with second round picks for QBs. AJ Feeley, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Beck, Pat White. At least they got Henne instead of Brohm.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      The Dolphins don't do so well with second round picks for QBs. AJ Feeley, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Beck, Pat White. At least they got Henne instead of Brohm.
      This is the perfect example of why you shouldn't wait to get a quality signal caller.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I never underdstood why they drafted him in the first place. Ronnie/Ricky excutes the wildcat perfectly.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

They were hoping he'd turn out to be a good WR, too. They also wanted to keep him from going to New England. The Pats ended up with Edelman instead...

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            no it isn't.

pat white is a perfect example of why you should actually employ a scouting department.

how is signing daunte culpepper a perfect example of why you should spend a high pick on a qb? is pick 11 not high enough?
            Culpepper wasn't acquired by the phins in the draft though. The Pat White pick was stupid.

But that's the kind of junk you get in the draft after round 1, typically.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              Culpepper wasn't acquired by the phins in the draft though. The Pat White pick was stupid.

But that's the kind of junk you get in the draft after round 1, typically.
              Just like Chad Henne

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                i can't imagine they honestly expected pat white to ever be more than a wildcat qb. regardless, it's a bad argument. pointing to the fact that one team can't evaluate free agent qbs and two draft picks as evidence that you have to take a qb in the top 10 isn't really logically consistent.
                Feely and Culpepper weren't FAs either. They were both traded for 2nd round picks. I think his point is that if you add it up, the Dolphins spent 5 recent 2nd round picks on QBs and right now only Henne has a chance of working out. That's pretty rough on a franchise.

Comment

And they just spent 2 on Brandon Marshall...Damn, the Phins really dont like the 2nd rounders.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Is anybody surprised? The only surprising thing about White is the fact that he was a 2nd round pick.
                    Last edited by Hurricanes25; 08-23-2010, 08:37 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

why not try him at WR before cutting him? He will never recieve a bigger paycheck than the one he is getting from the Dolphins so he better not let his ego get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        why not try him at WR before cutting him? He will never recieve a bigger paycheck than the one he is getting from the Dolphins so he better not let his ego get in the way.
                        because White has flat out said he'd be better off playing baseball than playing WR. White asked for a chance to play QB, he got that chance and failed miserably. Now he just doesn't want to switch positions.

Comment

i dont get how he wont even try though....he is a great ball carrier, if guys like ward, randle el, brad smith, matt jones can all be decent WRs (except el he blows) i think an athlete like pat white could handle the transition
                          E]

Comment

Thanks for Drew Brees, Miami!
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

it's not even worth a "whoo i was right in your face crappy WVU player!" because everyone saw this coming.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information