No announcement yet.

Roster spot in jeopardy for Dolphins' White

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance. More snaps for my boy Henne.
    I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      The Dolphins don't do so well with second round picks for QBs. AJ Feeley, Daunte Culpepper, Jon Beck, Pat White. At least they got Henne instead of Brohm.
      Daunte was a 1st rounder, if I recall.

Comment

You recall wrong

Comment

Oh I see, he was traded for a second rounder.

Comment

He's still better than John Beck.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

As I say compared to most 3rd stringers...still better than Stephen Mcgee. :(

Speaking of, he may be on the roster bubble as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                And they just spent 2 on Brandon Marshall...Damn, the Phins really dont like the 2nd rounders.
                We did trade back to reacquire a second rounder.

And White hasn't been cut yet. My hope is that we just don't want to show his formations in the preseason. It just seems silly to cut a second rounder who was obviously a developmental prospect after one year, a year where he was placed in very difficult situations and still performed decently (in my opinion). I'm in the very, very small minority on this though.

Comment

I feel like the phins thought they needed to stay a step ahead in the progression of the wildcat and that White was a tool they could use to keep that advantage. But the wildcat is stupid and Parcells should have known better than to blow this pick. Pat White has always been a WR prospect, and not even a great one, so stop BSing around and get him there.

Comment

The Wild cat is awesome with Ronnie Brown. It's basically just an extra blocker.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

In retrospect, the Wildcat was merely an evolution of every trick play that involved a RB or a WR suddenly launching a pass downfield, the difference being it was a deliberate set-up piece by having the 'Wildcat' take the snap directly behind center.

The imitations that came afterward try to follow it, but are seemingly headed in a different direction; Highly Mobile QBs without elite passing skills utilizing said mobility to make the defense guess- pass or run? Think Kordell Stewart. Or better yet, think Michael Vick when he was brought in exclusively as a 'Relief QB' to run a Wildcat system.

Comment

Didn't Mayock pump this guy to be a potential starter over Henne back in '09?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          I feel like the phins thought they needed to stay a step ahead in the progression of the wildcat and that White was a tool they could use to keep that advantage. But the wildcat is stupid and Parcells should have known better than to blow this pick. Pat White has always been a WR prospect, and not even a great one, so stop BSing around and get him there.
                          The Wildcat is not stupid, it's a power running formation that has the occasional 'trick play' in it (when Brown passes).

Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                          In retrospect, the Wildcat was merely an evolution of every trick play that involved a RB or a WR suddenly launching a pass downfield, the difference being it was a deliberate set-up piece by having the 'Wildcat' take the snap directly behind center.
                          Not at all...

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          Didn't Mayock pump this guy to be a potential starter over Henne back in '09?
                          Yeah, Mayock liked White a lot. Some quotes from the draft after the Dolphins took him.

“He has as live an arm as anybody you wanna see”
                          “Pat white’s got a bigger arm than people wanna give him credit for”
                          “Tremendous accuracy and strength”
                          Last edited by dolphinfan2k5; 08-25-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                            i dont get how he wont even try though....he is a great ball carrier, if guys like ward, randle el, brad smith, matt jones can all be decent WRs (except el he blows) i think an athlete like pat white could handle the transition
                            Gahm I hate when people use Hines Ward in a discussion about college QB's moving to WR. Ward was NOT a QB at Georgia. The only time he played QB was for about 5 games as a sophmore. He was a full time receiver as a junior and senior. He was not a college QB.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-city-royals/

He's signing a minor league deal with the KC Royals. Could have made a lot more more money in the NFL if he was just willing to convert to WR...

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                                The Wild cat is awesome with Ronnie Brown. It's basically just an extra blocker.
                                This. (10 char)

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-city-royals/

He's signing a minor league deal with the KC Royals. Could have made a lot more more money in the NFL if he was just willing to convert to WR...
                                His speed was over-rated. He was fast for a QB, but was more like average or worse for a WR.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information