Sidney Rice Likely Out Until Midseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    If you were relying on Sidney Rice as a top fantasy contributor I think your team had flaws to begin with.... ;)
    I was just hoping he would be good enough to pair with Randy Moss until Vincent Jackson eventually came back. Now my RBs are gonna have to step up.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      If you were relying on Sidney Rice as a top fantasy contributor I think your team had flaws to begin with.... ;)

This confuses me. You know he was second in the NFC in receiving last year right?

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
        That's tough regardless. 6 likely playoff teams and an improving Lions team. They play some tough defenses that can stop the run and get after the passer.

Also, Rice has surgery
        Right, which is why it's going to hurt for them not to be at full strength. They could get by just fine on their second half schedule without Rice, but they probably have the toughest first half schedule. They could find themselves in a big hole to start the season.

Comment

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Dammit, this is supposed to happen to Jared Allen not one of the only Vikings I like.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Thats ok, the new recruit will settle in just fine!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                New Orleans
                Miami
                Detroit
                New York Jets
                Dallas
                Green Bay
                New England

That's a rough stretch of games to not have your top WR.
                it certainly won't unclog things more for adrian peterson.
                i'd like to see the vikings find a way to lose 4 of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  it certainly won't unclog things more for adrian peterson.
                  i'd like to see the vikings find a way to lose 4 of those games.
                  Our schedule the first half of the year is absolutely brutal. I really hope we can come out of there with only a loss or two.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Somewhere Matt Stafford is having nine women at the same time, and in the back of his mind he is pleased. 'No way the old man out-duels me,' he thinks.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Vincent Jackson.. Zygi Wilf has stated numerous times that he is going for it all this year... not saying it's likely, but keep it in the back of your minds.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                        Wouldn't surprise me to see us go after Vincent Jackson.. Zygi Wilf has stated numerous times that he is going for it all this year... not saying it's likely, but keep it in the back of your minds.
                        Sounds like we inquired but he wants 10 million a year so Zygi said f that.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...controls-fate/

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          Sounds like we inquired but he wants 10 million a year so Zygi said f that.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...controls-fate/
                          No team in the league would give him that kind of money.. he's going to lose so much value if he doesn't play this season.. he's costing himself money by wanting more money.

On the other hand, he might know that no one is going to give him that kind of money, so why not skip the preseason, and then meet halfway with San Diego before the regular season starts? If he gets traded, then so be it, he'll get the $10M. Probably a smart move to be honest.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                            Why, so he can get off suspension the same time Sidney Rice gets healthy? Then they can watch Sidney walk away in free agency next year because they can't afford to pay Rice, Harvin, and Jackson? Or better yet, give them all paychecks, spend $30+ million/year on wide receivers, and get poor production because Tavaris Jackson looks like a deer in headlights in the pocket?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Going after Vincent Jackson doesn't make much sense for the exact reasons stated above. They have to rely on Berrian or one of their younger guys to step up.

Comment

Anybody else get the feeling that this season is shaping up to be an Epic Favrail for Brett this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information