Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat View Post
    You say that like the Chiefs don't.
    I don't know how good the Chiefs running game is, but the Browns ran for 2,000 yards last year.

My question is why the hell isn't Jamaal Charles the starter?

Comment

Thomas Jones + Jamaal Charles = Problems! (For defenses)
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

You say that like the Chiefs don't.
        well i never said the chiefs didn't have a good running game. I just elaborated on the browns b/c they have a better Oline. We won the last 4 games in 2009 with no passing game whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          I don't know how good the Chiefs running game is, but the Browns ran for 2,000 yards last year.

My question is why the hell isn't Jamaal Charles the starter?
          The Chiefs had over 1,900 rushing yards last year which put them 11th in the NFL, would have been more had LJ not been starting the first few weeks.

They are not going to have a true starting RB Charles and Jones will split the carries, and Charles had his shoulder worked on in the off season no reason to over use him in meaningless games.

Todd Haley has said a million times the hot hand will get the ball, which more times then not will be Charles.

As a Chiefs fan I don't have much to look forward to so don't take away the one good thing they do.:)
          Last edited by Splat; 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM.

Comment

The Chiefs had over 1,900 rushing yards last year which put them 11th in the NFL, would have been more had LJ not been starting the first few weeks.

The Chiefs are not going to have a true starting RB Charles and Jones will split the carries, and Charles had his shoulder worked on in the off season no reason to over use him in meaningless games.
            I'll see your Larry Johnson and raise you the rotting carcass of Jamal Lewis for a large chunk of the season

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Oh don't worry, Locker is going to the Buffalo Bills....

hahahahahahaha
              ...Jake Locker is perfect for Chan Gaileys system

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                I'll see your Larry Johnson and raise you the rotting carcass of Jamal Lewis for a large chunk of the season
                Jamal Lewis - Car 143 Yards 500 Avg 3.5 TD's 0

Larry Johnson - Car 178 Yards 581 Avg 3.3 TD's 0

The suckyness is pretty equal. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  ...Jake Locker is perfect for Chan Gaileys system

I was making fun of his pleading that Locker not go to a crappy location.

Comment

Jamaal Charles is gonna beast it up this year... The Chiefs may be one of the most improved teams in the league. If I remember correctly Bowe had a bit of a down year (suspended right?) Anyways, Jamaal Charles > Harrison for sure, but I think the Browns D and special teams are much better than the Chiefs although the Chiefs have a better O.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      Jamaal Charles is gonna beast it up this year... The Chiefs may be one of the most improved teams in the league. If I remember correctly Bowe had a bit of a down year (suspended right?) Anyways, Jamaal Charles > Harrison for sure, but I think the Browns D and special teams are much better than the Chiefs although the Chiefs have a better O.
                      Cribbs is a beast for sure but Javier Arenas is a heck of a KR in his own right, and Dustin Colquitt is one of the best punters in the league and you can't forget about Ryan Succop at K.

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal, I'm in no way saying they are a playoff team because they are not.

Comment

Cribbs is a beast for sure but Javier Arenas is a heck of a KR in his own right, and Dustin Colquitt is one of the best punters in the league and you can't forget about Ryan Succop at K.

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal.
                        Ya Cribbs is the man but I'm not just talking about Cribbs. Sadly Zastudil is hurt, but Dawson and our coverage is also amazing.

I like the Chiefs offense alot and I'm looking forward to going to the game on the 19th, should be a close game and alot of fun to be at.

Comment

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal.
                          Cribbs is the marquee special teams player as a returner obviously, but what really seperates the Browns' special teams is their coverage and Cribbs is a big part of that as a gunner. Phil Dawson is a great kicker. We lost Zastudil for the season, but Hodges hasn't been bad, but our coverage guys just don't give up. And Blake Costanzo is the grittiest S.O.B. out there and seems to come up with a ton of fumbles.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            Ya Cribbs is the man but I'm not just talking about Cribbs. Sadly Zastudil is hurt, but Dawson and our coverage is also amazing.

I like the Chiefs offense alot and I'm looking forward to going to the game on the 19th, should be a close game and alot of fun to be at.
                            Should be alot of points in that game for both teams, but I don't think they will be kicking the ball to Cribbs this time around. :)

FYI, I was at that game last year.
                            Last edited by Splat; 08-26-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Should be alot of points in that game for both teams, but I don't think they will be kicking the ball to Cribbs this time around. :)

FYI, I was at that game last year.
                              I was getting so pissed off that game in the first half at a bar then Jerome went off... I was literally rooting for it to go to overtime so he could get the single game rushing record, that **** was insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information