No announcement yet.

Greatest NFL Player by Jersey Number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense to either of their great careers but anyone picking Aikman over Steve Young in a vacuum has probably never seen either of them play.

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
    Otto Graham was so good he won #14 and #60.

Wait, really? Instead of giving 14 to Fouts? What a crock.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Ah, Cowboys fans. Gotta love 'em.
      They'll be telling us Emmitt was better than Barry next.

Comment

Emmitt is not even in my top five.

Comment

I live in Tampa so I am absolutely biased but do ya'll really believe Seau is better than D. Brooks at 55? The year the Bucs won the SBXXXVII, Brooks was the Defensive player off the year hands down, played like a DPOY throughout the playoffs and even was mentioned in the NFL MVP discussion. I donít think he should have been the NFL MVP but just to be mentioned as a LBer is saying something. He had a few other good years as well, just curious what you guys think.

The disputed champ
          J. Seau...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Seau

The Challenger
          D. Brooks...
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Brooks

Comment

Why exactly is Torry Holt listed as 88 and not 81...his better year were clearly after he switched...
            I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
              Why exactly is Torry Holt listed as 88 and not 81...his better year were clearly after he switched...
              Because Randy Moss.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Donovan McNabb is #5 over 2 Hall of Famers, when he is not a Hall of Famer, yet the article says it's the Best NFL Player by Jersey Number?

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  Troy Aikman over Steve Young WTF!?
                  That is ******* ********!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Troy Aikman was no better than Brad Johnson statistically. The only difference is Aikman was on much better teams. And Randy Moss needs to be on this.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                      Troy Aikman was no better than Brad Johnson statistically. The only difference is Aikman was on much better teams. And Randy Moss needs to be on this.
                      I can appreciate the argument that Steve Young is better than Troy Aikman, but this is ridiculous. He's criminally underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                        I can appreciate the argument that Steve Young is better than Troy Aikman, but this is ridiculous. He's criminally underrated.
                        Troy Aikman? Explain.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                          Troy Aikman? Explain.
                          Most people look at his passing stats and the running game and assume he didn't do very much, but when people ask the other Cowboys players who was the most important element on that team, to a man they say it is Troy Aikman, especially Michael Irvin.

The Cowboys were probably the most successful example in history of the patients running the asylum because they respected Troy Aikman so much as a leader. This is largely the reason Barry Switzer was basically just going along for the ride when he got his Superbowl ring.

As for his statistics... were they out of this world? Certainly not, but he was a 6 time Pro Bowler for some reason and an All Pro in 1993 when he completed 69.1% of his passes.

Winning 3 Superbowls is an incredibly difficult feat for anyone. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts have a juggeranught offense and he's only been able to win 1 ring thus far. Aikman has 3.

He was a great quarterback. Certainly better than Brad freaking Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                            Most people look at his passing stats and the running game and assume he didn't do very much, but when people ask the other Cowboys players who was the most important element on that team, to a man they say it is Troy Aikman, especially Michael Irvin.
                            A wide receiver saying the quarterback is the most important part of the team? How strange!

The Cowboys were probably the most successful example in history of the patients running the asylum because they respected Troy Aikman so much as a leader. This is largely the reason Barry Switzer was basically just going along for the ride when he got his Superbowl ring.
                            He was a great leader. Sweet. How does this make him underrated?

As for his statistics... were they out of this world? Certainly not, but he was a 6 time Pro Bowler for some reason and an All Pro in 1993 when he completed 69.1% of his passes.
                            6 Pro Bowls because he was a decent quarterback for the Cowboys. He threw for a very high percentage in one year. ONE single year.

Winning 3 Superbowls is an incredibly difficult feat for anyone. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts have a juggeranught offense and he's only been able to win 1 ring thus far. Aikman has 3.
                            The Colts juggernaut offense IS Peyton Manning, whereas the Cowboys juggernaut offense included Aikman. But by your logic Aikman > Manning. Keep living in your fantasy world.

He was a great quarterback. Certainly better than Brad freaking Johnson
                            In the leadership department, yeah. As a passer? Don't buy it.

Bonekrusher.

Comment

I love it. You are either disregarding what was said, putting your own spin on what was said, or coming up with ridiculous ******** like saying Peyton Manning IS the Colts offense.

Continuing this argument would be an unbelievable waste of effort.

You win. Brad Johnson is just as good as Troy Aikman. Aikman just lucked out by being on those Cowboys teams

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information