No announcement yet.

Derek Anderson to start Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The talking heads have commented on his body language as being discouraging to coaches. The coaches have to be seeing something in practice, leadership, knowledge of the playbook, something.

Comment

I don't think Whisenhunt has or ever will be high on Leinart, he is just not "his" guy.

Comment

I don't want to make any excuses for Leinart, but I think the spread style that Whissy uses is a terrible fit for Leinart.

I'm disappointed in Leinart, I actually liked the guy coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
          I don't think Whisenhunt has or ever will be high on Leinart, he is just not "his" guy.
          Tough to blame him, though. Nobody wants to call an inaccurate, noodle armed scrub "his" guy.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

well cardinals fans, get ready for season from hell if derek anderson is even competing to start.

Comment

Titans' DBs were placing bets on Matt Leinart checking down passes. Brady Quinn had the same problem. In the NFL you have to throw a pass with timing, accuracy and most importantly into tight windows 12-18 yards down the field. Neither had to do it in college, neither can do in the NFL. Lobbing it up to Dwayne Jarrett, Jeff Samardjiza, Mike Williams isn't a realistic option in the NFL.

Comment

I feel bad for the Cards fans who really thought they would just replace a HOF QB and not miss a beat, I don't think they will be 2-14 or anything but I find it hard to believe they make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I don't want to make any excuses for Leinart, but I think the spread style that Whissy uses is a terrible fit for Leinart.

I'm disappointed in Leinart, I actually liked the guy coming out.
                  Without a doubt. He has the running game and WRs he needs to succeed, just the wrong set. As someone stated above, Whisenhunt doesn't trust him in the system for whatever reason. I don't like how coaches rarely inherit a QB and stick with him. They always need 'their' guy. It's a shame that Leinart has gone to waste. Never like to see a first rounder fail miserably.

Comment

As far as I am concerned Leinart didn't go to waste, he was waste.

Comment

Yeah it is. Just get a bunch of tall WRs. The Chargers kind of do it.

But yeah, Leinart blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        As far as I am concerned Leinart didn't go to waste, he was waste.
                        There has to be some degree of truth to it though. Leinart looked pretty decent under Dennis Green.

I'm not saying he'd be a great qb in a different scheme, but i also feel that Whisenhunt's spread system is the worst possible scheme for him to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          Truth, may be best for him to move on.

Comment

If they where smart, the would have packaged Lienart with Boldin and gotten a solid QB instead of trading him to the Ravens.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              What happened to Matty ICE??
                              Thats Matt Ryan, but sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                                If they where smart, the would have packaged Lienart with Boldin and gotten a solid QB instead of trading him to the Ravens.
                                That would have been smart but I guess at the time they still had confidence in Leinart to get it done.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information