No announcement yet.

Derek Anderson to start Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leinart really should give Tom Brady or Drew Bress a call and figure out how they managed to up their arm strength by a few dozen rpms.

If Leinart had busted his ass in the offseason since his rookie year and really improved his upper body strength, he wouldn't be reluctant to let it rip 25 yards downfield.

Even Mike Vick attributes the huge jump in arm strength he had between his senior year of HS and his redshirt frosh year at Va Tech was total participation in the Hokies strength and conditioning program.

I hope the Cards cut him, Kyle Shanahan could do big things with Matt in D.C.

Comment

I think Matt's issues aren't physical to be honest. Matt just isn't that confident and smart player he was. He's timid and lethargic now. He was a leader, now he's a whiner.

His arm isn't a cannon, but it's definitely good enough.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        Leinart really should give Tom Brady or Drew Bress a call and figure out how they managed to up their arm strength by a few dozen rpms.
        Tom stopped throwing off his back foot so much.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post

I'd like to see Leinart get his shot, because when he wants to the guy can flat out ball.
          Lol wut?

When did this ever happen, maybe I just missed something.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
            well cardinals fans, get ready for season from hell if derek anderson is even competing to start.
            its not like leinart would be any better

Comment

I know, what I mean is that the simple fact that a guy like Derek Anderson is legitimately in the starting QB competition means you're QB is gonna suck.

Comment

I know, what I mean is that the simple fact that a guy like Derek Anderson is legitimately in the starting QB competition means you're QB is gonna suck.
                idk I think he could pan out to be a decent starter with a team like Arizona.

Comment

doubtful, but I think his chances of finding that 2007 season form again are much better than Leinart ever doing anything at this point.

Comment

Seems like both of the QB's played reasonably well tonight. FWIW, it also seems like the Bears looked terrible.
                    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Lol wut?

When did this ever happen, maybe I just missed something.
                      One good half against the Bears your rookie season + a college career of not getting touched and throwing up jump balls=balling out.

Duh.

Comment

Related...

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Cardinals see some "Kurt Warner qualities" in undrafted rookie QB Max Hall.

Hall has a been a "tremendous surprise" outplaying fellow rookie John Skelton throughout camp, and it wouldn't be surprising to see him with a couple of spot starts late in the season. Mort joins NFL Network's Mike Lombardi in speculating that Matt Leinart won't be on the final roster because the Cardinals don't want to lose one of the rookies on waivers.

Aug. 28 - 4:24 pm et
                        Source: ESPN.com
                        Had my eye on Hall...but looks like they're not letting him get away. I still think they'll keep 4 QBs. But if one doesnt make the cut...it will be Leinart. They did say they wouldnt cut him, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

more doom and gloom from ESPN.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

doubtful, but I think his chances of finding that 2007 season form again are much better than Leinart ever doing anything at this point.
                            I don't expect it either. Winslow and Edwards made a ton of very tough catches. Fitz could make those catches, but leaping high in the air gets you killed and you can't run after the catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              His arm isn't a cannon, but it's definitely good enough.
                              I don't agree with this. It's not just about the deep ball, he lacks the arm strength to zip the ball into smaller windows even on intermediate throws. He's very limited in the throws he is physically able to make, and because he isn't great at anticipating, he just ends up throwing to guys that are already wide open. That's why he's a checkdown guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                                I don't expect it either. Winslow and Edwards made a ton of very tough catches. Fitz could make those catches, but leaping high in the air gets you killed and you can't run after the catch.
                                Alot of the passes that they had to leap for were in the endzone and great passes where no one but those guys could have caught it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information