No announcement yet.

Derek Anderson to start Saturday...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's not as much about stats as it is about chemistry with the team. In that position it's about how you handle everything that's thrown at you," Whisenhunt said

"I feel like I have a great relationship with my guys, my team for four, five years now," Leinart said. "Like I said, I can only control what I control, and that's playing good football and being a leader. I have a great relationship with all my teammates and I don't think it should be based on that because I feel like I am doing a good job in that department."
    Leinart is all but out of Arizona, imo.

Comment

If Pete Carrol can get Mike Williams turned back into BMW, maybe he can do the same with Matt Leinart... Let's face it, the Seahawks' QB situation looks like dog doo right now. And I'm a Whitehurst fan.

Comment

Leinart is on the Brady Quinn NFL plan right now IMO

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          Leinart is on the Brady Quinn NFL plan right now IMO
          That's an insult to Leinart, and Leinart sucks. Quinn is one of the worst NFL QB's I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
            That's an insult to Leinart, and Leinart sucks. Quinn is one of the worst NFL QB's I've ever seen.
            The best was when he came in for an injured Orton and was immediately sacked for a loss of 5 on 3rd and 8. Looking good, Brady.

Comment

Matt has had misses this preseason that have been so bad only Jamarcus could equal them. Maybe he's been hangin' with Grimmace.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                The best was when he came in for an injured Orton and was immediately sacked for a loss of 5 on 3rd and 8. Looking good, Brady.
                Nah, this'll top that. In the Bengals game, after the pick 6 that any idiot with a brain can tell you he shouldn't have even attempted, he went on to hit Bengals players on 3 straight (may have been 3 out of 4) red zone passes. If those were anyone but the Bengals scrubs, they all could easily have been picked off.

Brady Quinn ******* sucks and it's a joke that he's still in the NFL. McDaniels just wants a buffer between Orton and Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  Related...

Had my eye on Hall...but looks like they're not letting him get away. I still think they'll keep 4 QBs. But if one doesnt make the cut...it will be Leinart. They did say they wouldnt cut him, though.
                  That's pretty interesting.

I think they were surprised by this too, because they probably wanted Skelton to win the job judging by where they took him and going before Hall. They might be thinking they have the franchise with one of these guys though, and you'd have to get 1 of them some meaningful reps this season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Leinart believes he outplayed Anderson:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-competition/

I look for them to either keep 4 QBs, or let Leinart go. Have Anderson start the season while they develop Hall/Skelton.

Comment

Originally posted by PFT
                      Instead of talking to his coach, Leinart is talking to the media. While he's trying his best to say the right thing, Leinart is subtly complaining about his lack of opportunity, redirecting blame, and allowing divisive comments about Anderson slip out. It's not about Anderson.

Leinart's comments provide a small window into why Whisenhunt doubts Leinart in the first place, and why Leinart probably hasn't asked for an explanation about his demotion.

He doesn't want to hear the truth.
                      Hahahahahaha. Sounds like the same spoiled brat who said "Well, I still think we're the better team" after the USC-Texas game.

I ******* can't stand that guy.

Comment

The problem is, though, that we pretty much KNOW Anderson won't get anything done. He's done. At least with Leinart it's just pretty doubtful he'll be any good. There's the CHANCE of non suckage.

But yeah, Leinart is a douche. Go back to dance.

Comment

Damn Leinart, if you're going to be a bust, you should have at least busted with the 49ers and got an extra 15 or so million out of it.

Still glad you took that extra dancing class to stay at USC for a year now you ****** moron?

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                            The problem is, though, that we pretty much KNOW Anderson won't get anything done. He's done. At least with Leinart it's just pretty doubtful he'll be any good. There's the CHANCE of non suckage.

But yeah, Leinart is a douche. Go back to dance.
                            See, I disagree. Leinart has looked like a future version of Captain Checkdown and hasn't really shown anything special.

With Anderson, they have someone willing to take shots down the field and stand in the pocket. He did that versus the Bears this week.....he got absolutely crushed a few times but still got the ball off. At least he wasn't looking to dump it to RBs all game long...

It's a mess. I have a feeling that if Whisenhunt got his way, something more significant would have gotten done at the position this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Damn Leinart, if you're going to be a bust, you should have at least busted with the 49ers and got an extra 15 or so million out of it.

Still glad you took that extra dancing class to stay at USC for a year now you ****** moron?
                              I lost $100 on that ***** idiot staying in school for that last year.
                              I said there was no way anyone with a half-brain would bypass a sure-fire chance to be the NFL's #1-overall pick, and play with a QB-tradition rich franchise like the 49ers. Fool chose to stay in school and lost a ton because of it.

I guess I under-estimated the power of the USC p**sy. Hard to walk away early from that I guess. Still, big mistake Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                doubtful, but I think his chances of finding that 2007 season form again are much better than Leinart ever doing anything at this point.
                                Speaking of that, can ANYONE explain that 2007 season? I mean that was on the Browns for God's sake.

Has anyone had a year that good at QB on a team that bad?

He has to have something to do that, even for just one year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information