4. Jacksonville Jaguars 5-11

AFC West
    1. San Diego Chargers 13-3
    2. Oakland Raiders 8-8
    3. Denver Broncos 6-10
    4. Kansas City Chiefs 5-11

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      Pretty much this. They could pretty easily win the division I think that's a tossup , but the love is getting ridiculous. Other than Charles Woodson I'm not sold on their secondary whatsoever I think Al Harris is the most overrated CB in the league. And people seem to be forgetting that the Packers offensive line was the worst in the league last year.
      Yea I would agree with this, they have issues at CB depth, and don't have a great pass rush to make up for it. I'm also not sold on the O-line but I don't think it's as bad as it looked at times last year.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        It wasn't the worst in the league... it was the unluckiest in the league though with Tauscher and Clifton missed a substantial amount of games last year, which shouldn't happen this year, but if it does, they are far better equipped having Bulaga there to be a swing tackle if they need him.

Yeah that's part of it, but even when they were healthy they weren't good. You don't give up 50 sacks in one season only because of injuries.

Comment

NFC

North - Minnesota Vikings
          South - Atlanta Falcons
          West - San Francisco 49ers
          East - New York Giants
          WC - Green Bay Packers
          WC - Dallas Cowboys (Washington misses out in week 17)

AFC

North - Baltimore Ravens
          South - Indianapolis Colts
          West - Oakland Raiders
          East - New England Patriots
          WC - New York Jets
          WC - San Diego Chargers

Colts over Falcons in Super Bowl

MVP - Peyton Manning
          OPOY - Aaron Rodgers
          DPOY - Patrick Willis
          OROY - Dez Bryant
          DROY - Sean Weatherspoon

Posted from my phone, or I'd put a little more detail in
          Last edited by djp; 08-28-2010, 04:34 PM.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
            NFC

North - Minnesota Vikings
            South - Atlanta Falcons
            West - San Francisco 49ers
            East - New York Giants
            WC - Green Bay Packers
            WC - Dallas Cowboys (Washington misses out in week 17)

AFC

North - Baltimore Ravens
            South - Indianapolis Colts
            West - Oakland Raiders
            East - New England Patriots
            WC - New York Jets
            WC - San Diego Chargers

Colts over Falcons in Super Bowl

MVP - Peyton Manning
            OPOY - Aaron Rodgers
            DPOY - Patrick Willis
            OROY - Dez Bryant
            DROY - Sean Weatherspoon

Posted from my phone, or I'd put a little more detail in

I love it, but there is like 99% chance of that happening. Too many young (but talented) players to clutch it up this quickly.

Comment

I agree that the Packers passing defense is questionable but their offense is nigh unstoppable and they are very good against the run. I feel like they are the most dangerous team in the NFC, even if they are not the most complete.

Comment

Mine:

AFC

East

1. New England
                2. Miami
                3. New York
                4. Buffalo

North

1. Baltimore
                2. Cincinnati
                3. Pittsburgh
                4. Cleveland

South

1. Houston
                2. Indianapolis (wildcard)
                3. Tennessee
                4. Jacksonville

West

1. San Diego
                2. Oakland (wildcard)
                3. Kansas City
                4. Denver

NFC

East

1. New York
                2. Dallas (wildcard)
                3. Philadelphia
                4. Washington

North

1. Green Bay
                2. Minnesota (Favre fail)
                3. Detroit
                4. Chicago

South

1. New Orleans
                2. Atlanta (wildcard)
                3. Carolina
                4. Tampa Bay

West

1. San Francisco
                2. Seattle
                3. Arizona
                4. St Louis

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I agree that the Packers passing defense is questionable but their offense is nigh unstoppable and they are very good against the run. I feel like they are the most dangerous team in the NFC, even if they are not the most complete.

I agree that their passing game is going to be a pain in the ass to stop, they have a ton of weapons. But regardless of where there running game ranked last year no one is afraid of Ryan Grant. One dimensional teams don't normally win Super Bowls. Even the Saints quietly had a pretty damn good run game last year.

Comment

I agree that their passing game is going to be a pain in the ass to stop, they have a ton of weapons. But regardless of where there running game ranked last year no one is afraid of Ryan Grant. One dimensional teams don't normally win Super Bowls. Even the Saints quietly had a pretty damn good run game last year.
                    The Packers don't have a great running game but they were 14th last year and Grant has 2 1200+ yards seasons in a row. With a healthy offensive line there is no reason it would be worse than that and it might get a little better. I realize Grant is not a player that scares opposing defenses but neither were the Saints backs

Comment

u guys really think tauscher and Clifton gonna stay healthy for the whole year?

Comment

Pretty much this. They could pretty easily win the division I think that's a tossup , but the love is getting ridiculous. Other than Charles Woodson I'm not sold on their secondary whatsoever I think Al Harris is the most overrated CB in the league. And people seem to be forgetting that the Packers offensive line was the worst in the league last year.
                        We had a horrid offensive line for the majority of last year, and the team was still third in scoring (that doesn't factor in the 45 points against Arizona) and sixth in yards. Not only does the starting line look much better this year, especially with Rodgers getting the ball out quickly, but we are in much better position to deal with injuries.

Ryan Grant might not be a guy who scares defenses, but he was the seventh leading rusher last season with a better per carry average than Adrian Peterson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                          We had a horrid offensive line for the majority of last year, and the team was still third in scoring (that doesn't factor in the 45 points against Arizona) and sixth in yards. Not only does the starting line look much better this year, especially with Rodgers getting the ball out quickly, but we are in much better position to deal with injuries.

Ryan Grant might not be a guy who scares defenses, but he was the seventh leading rusher last season with a better per carry average than Adrian Peterson.
                          Don't even pretend that Ryan Grant is in the same stratosphere when talking about impact on a game. AD is the first guy you gameplan for when you play us. Ryan Grant is an afterthought. He's purely the beneficiary of teams cheating towards the pass.

Comment

Don't even pretend that Ryan Grant is in the same stratosphere when talking about impact on a game. AD is the first guy you gameplan for when you play us. Ryan Grant is an afterthought. He's purely the beneficiary of teams cheating towards the pass.
                            I'm not saying he's better, but my point is that he's a very overlooked guy. He ran for over 1,200 yards last year and didn't put the ball on the ground. I don't know how you can call us a one-dimensional team. It's a team with an average to above average running game and a great passing game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

The love is coming from some, but not all.
                              Last night Dan Dierdorf on that Saints game said he'd be shocked if the NFC Super Bowl team was not one of these 3 teams: Saints, Vikings, Cowboys. He said those 3 teams are in a league of their own in the NFC, above, in his words, some other teams like Atlanta and Arizona.

Green Bay was not mentioned even though we almost shutout Dallas last year, and the Giants were not mentioned even though they swept Dallas.

Again, I talked a lot in the summer about being puzzled as to why Dallas is all of a sudden better than they were last year, when they were dominated by the Packers and Vikings from the North, and lost 2 to the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                The love is coming from some, but not all.
                                Last night Dan Dierdorf on that Saints game said he'd be shocked if the NFC Super Bowl team was not one of these 3 teams: Saints, Vikings, Cowboys. He said those 3 teams are in a league of their own in the NFC, above, in his words, some other teams like Atlanta and Arizona.

Green Bay was not mentioned even though we almost shutout Dallas last year, and the Giants were not mentioned even though they swept Dallas.

Again, I talked a lot in the summer about being puzzled as to why Dallas is all of a sudden better than they were last year, when they were dominated by the Packers and Vikings from the North, and lost 2 to the Giants.

Fair enough, but I was talking more about people on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information