No announcement yet.

* Official 2010 NFL Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you come to understand how awesome the rutgers player(s) on your respective team is(are).
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Perception: We have an elite offense with a suspect defense.

Reality: Our passing attack isn't nearly as good as some make it out to be, but our defense will be much better than people imagine. We have a young, fast and aggressive defense. They have looked very, very good.

Unless Matt Ryan develops some consistency it will be tough to beat the Saints in the division though.
      I noticed everyone is hopping the Falcons at the moment, and I was shocked at the way the Falcons board looks when I was lurking there, seems very worried, and cautiously optimistic at best.

As for the NFC, the Saints and Vikings when healthy are clearly a step ahead of the rest. I don't see what the Packers or Cowboys done to put themselves in that category.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

To elaborate on my Atlanta pick some more... betting on a big Matt Ryan step up, another year with his OL, and a defense that has looked very, very good.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          I noticed everyone is hopping the Falcons at the moment, and I was shocked at the way the Falcons board looks when I was lurking there, seems very worried, and cautiously optimistic at best.

As for the NFC, the Saints and Vikings when healthy are clearly a step ahead of the rest. I don't see what the Packers or Cowboys done to put themselves in that category.
          Originally posted by djp View Post
          To elaborate on my Atlanta pick some more... betting on a big Matt Ryan step up, another year with his OL, and a defense that has looked very, very good.

The disconnect, what S-T noticed, is that we are very concerned about Matt Ryan. But mostly, we are Falcons fans, we are used to "Franchise QB" not developing (see Vick, Michael).

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
            u guys really think tauscher and Clifton gonna stay healthy for the whole year?
            Maybe. But if they don't, we have Bulaga ready to go, and TJ Lang is no slouch either.
            Last year we had Allen Barbre. And then we tried to put Colledge out there. *shutter*
            We're better prepared this year, our OLine depth isn't really an issue anymore.

Comment

Not gonna do records, but I'll do standings.

AFC East
              1. New England
              2. Miami (Wildcard)
              3. New York
              4. Buffalo

AFC West
              San Diego
              Oakland
              3. Denver
              4. Kansas City

AFC North
              1. Baltimore
              2. Cincy (Wildcard)
              3. Pittsburgh
              4. Cleveland

AFC South
              1. Tennessee
              2. Houston
              3. Indianapolis
              4. Jacksonville

NFC East
              1. New York
              2. Washington
              3. Dallas
              4. Philadelphia

NFC West
              1. SF
              2. Seattle
              3. Arizona
              4. St. Louis

NFC North
              1. New Orleans
              2. Atlanta (Wildcard)
              3. Carolina (Wildcard)
              4. Tampa Bay

NFC North
              1. Green Bay
              2. Chicago
              3. Minnesota
              4. Detroit

NFC Playoffs
              Round 1:
              (3)San Francisco
              (6)Carolina

(4)New York
              (5)Atlanta

Round 2:
              (1)Green Bay
              (4)New York

(2)New Orleans
              (3)San Francisco

NFC Championship
              (2)New Orleans
              (4)New York

AFC Playoffs
              Week 1:
              (3)New England
              (6)Cincinnati

(4)Tennessee
              (5)Miami

Week 2:
              (1)San Diego
              (4)Tennessee

(2)Baltimore
              (3)New England

AFC Championship:
              (1)San Diego
              (3)New England

Superbowl:

New York
              vs
              San Diego

Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-03-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                Yeah that's part of it, but even when they were healthy they weren't good. You don't give up 50 sacks in one season only because of injuries.
                Not true. First half of the season: 37 sacks. Second half: 13. Getting Tauscher back was huge. Plus Clifton was out for four of those too. And we added Bulaga who should be starting over Colledge at LG. I'm really not too worried about our line if it's healthy. We're in much better shape to survive an injury if something should happen again too. It's certainly not a top 5 line or anything, but it'll work just fine at full strength.
                Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                I agree that their passing game is going to be a pain in the ass to stop, they have a ton of weapons. But regardless of where there running game ranked last year no one is afraid of Ryan Grant. One dimensional teams don't normally win Super Bowls. Even the Saints quietly had a pretty damn good run game last year.
                Ryan Grant gets so much **** on this board it's ridiculous. Since Week 8 of 2008 only Adrian Peterson has rushed for more yards and he's put up over 1,200 yards each of the past two seasons. What the hell does he have to do to get some respect on this site? I'm not saying he's Adrian Peterson, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think he's a good running back.

And yes we are a passing team, but don't give that one dimensional crap like we have no running game at all. Last season we were 14th in rushing yards with a 4.3 average. The Vikings were 13th in yards with a 4.1 average. So I guess if we're a one dimensional passing team, then so is Minnesota.
                Last edited by GB12; 08-29-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

If you're going to use a qualifier like if healthy the giants, cowboys and packers are all as good as the Saints and Vikings. If healthy the giants pass D is dominant, if healthy the giants running game can roll over teams, if healthy eli and that passing game can do what it wants, when it wants and if healthy are run is adequate. If healthy is such a ridiculous qualifier in the NFL where no one is ever healthy come playoff time and when there's a lot of elite teams.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    Who is your "we'll"? I see a dancer in your avatar and a German Soccer player in your signature. Germany had a nice run at the World Cup, but failed to win.
                    Actually that's a german soccer player in my avi as well, but that we is referring to the Giants. What I was saying was the pack may win more regular season games...skins + eagles > bears + lions...but the giants will do better in the playoffs.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      If you're going to use a qualifier like if healthy the giants, cowboys and packers are all as good as the Saints and Vikings. If healthy the giants pass D is dominant, if healthy the giants running game can roll over teams, if healthy eli and that passing game can do what it wants, when it wants and if healthy are run is adequate. If healthy is such a ridiculous qualifier in the NFL where no one is ever healthy come playoff time and when there's a lot of elite teams.
                      Disagree. Saints are dominant when healthy, they showed that last year. None of those teams showed they can dominate for extended amounts of time.

Once again though, the Saints passing is way underrated, because for some reason everyone seems to think their offense is on par with ours when we've been 1,1,4,1 offensively since Brees has been here.

Excuse me if I'm not sold on teams that have either Shaky QBs, shaky protection, or both. Honestly, with some of the meltdowns all of these teams had(really, all but the Vikings) I'm not sold on any of them having more than spurts of dominant play.
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Disagree. Saints are dominant when healthy, they showed that last year. None of those teams showed they can dominate for extended amounts of time.

Once again though, the Saints passing is way underrated, because for some reason everyone seems to think their offense is on par with ours when we've been 1,1,4,1 offensively since Brees has been here.

Excuse me if I'm not sold on teams that have either Shaky QBs, shaky protection, or both. Honestly, with some of the meltdowns all of these teams had(really, all but the Vikings) I'm not sold on any of them having more than spurts of dominant play.
                        Giants, Cowboys and Packers have shaky QBs and protection? Since when? Eli, Romo and Rodgers are all in the second highest tier of NFL QBs and all 3 lines are solid, at the very least not much worse than the saints. Plus both NFC East teams should run the ball better with more talented defenses to balance the Saints' advantage in the passing game.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                          Giants, Cowboys and Packers have shaky QBs and protection? Since when? Eli, Romo and Rodgers are all in the second highest tier of NFL QBs and all 3 lines are solid, at the very least not much worse than the saints. Plus both NFC East teams should run the ball better with more talented defenses to balance the Saints' advantage in the passing game.

Romo and Eli both have their shaky moments, and aren't up there with Rodgers. Cowboys and Giants both have huge question marks in pass protection. Packers have possibly the biggest.

Running game is debatable. We were 6th in yards and yards per carry and we started the year with Reggie Bush rehabbing his knee, and no Pierre Thomas at all.

Saints D is still getting underrated too, only the Vikings really gave us any problems when we were reasonably healthy. We stifled anyone and everyone else, and a few teams put up some points after the games were way out of reach when we were scoring 510 points.

Colts, Cardinals(who put up 50 on the top 2 D Packers), Pats(with street CBs), Giants, all got it put on them defensively, but we're still riding some lucky reputation.

Granted, our depth did kinda suck, and injuries to the secondary really exposed us late in the year.

I don't think we are unbeatable or anything, but I can't see a reasonably healthy Saints team losing to anyone in the Dome come playoff time.
                          Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 08-29-2010, 05:14 AM.

Comment

How is Aaron Rodgers a 2nd tier QB? Despite getting sacked so much last year, some of it his own fault, he had 30 TDs and 7 INTs and was the best 3rd down QB in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              How is Aaron Rodgers a 2nd tier QB? Despite getting sacked so much last year, some of it his own fault, he had 30 TDs and 7 INTs and was the best 3rd down QB in the league.
                              He's not. That's how.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Not gonna do records, but I'll do standings.

AFC East
                                1. New England
                                2. Miami (Wildcard)
                                3. New York
                                4. Buffalo

AFC West
                                1. Oakland
                                2. San Diego
                                3. Denver
                                4. Kansas City

AFC North
                                1. Baltimore
                                2. Cincy (Wildcard)
                                3. Pittsburgh
                                4. Cleveland

AFC South
                                1. Tennessee
                                2. Houston
                                3. Indianapolis
                                4. Jacksonville

NFC East
                                1. New York
                                2. Washington
                                3. Dallas
                                4. Philadelphia

NFC West
                                1. SF
                                2. Seattle
                                3. Arizona
                                4. St. Louis

NFC North
                                1. Atlanta
                                2. New Orleans (Wildcard)
                                3. Carolina (Wildcard)
                                4. Tampa Bay

NFC North
                                1. Green Bay
                                2. Chicago
                                3. Minnesota
                                4. Detroit
                                This is what we're looking for here. OUT OF THE BOX.
                                Every year, there are a handful of surprises in the NFL, some positive and some negative. Who pegged the Bengals to win that division last year and sweep the Steelers & Ravens? Nobody. Who thought the Giants defense would be as bad as any in the NFL? Nobody.

But Indy finishing 3rd? Only if a rash of injuries hit them, which is possible.
                                San Diego finishing 2nd in that division.... bye bye Norv Turner. I like your NFC North standings. I'd pay for that to happen to the grapes finishing 3rd.

We have plenty of discussion here, but need more predictions. Ball-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information