Team DEPTH CHARTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team DEPTH CHARTS

I need some help here, and perhaps I am not the only one who is looking at final 53 projections and possible trade partners.
    The crappy NFL.com website doesn't have any depth charts up now.

I want to see, a generalized depth chart of every team to see who might be canditates for trades as we near roster cutdowns.

3 years ago, the Giants had extra RB's and we needed one. So Ted Thompson sent a 6th round pick to NY for Ryan Grant.
    2 years ago, the Panthers needed a long snapper, so they sent us a 6th round pick for JJ Jansen, our long snapper at the time.
    We've also seen trades of Tony Moll for Derrick Martin with the Ravens, we saw just last week the Vikings and Fish hook up on a little deal.

I guess since I am asking, I will be the first here to put what I think is our depth chart. Of course, to each their own. Even a group of the top 10 Packer posters will not agree on most of these, as there are some close competions at many positions.

PACKERS DEPTH CHART

QB- Rodgers, Flynn, Graham Harrell
    RB- Grant, Jackson, Starks (hurt), Lumpkin, Porter
    FB- Kuhn, Q Johnson, Hall
    WR- Jennings, Driver, Jordyzzz, Jones, Swain, Patrick Williams, Jason Chery, Chastin West, Shawn Gore, Charles Dillon
    TE- Finley, Havner, Quarless, Donald Lee, Crabtree
    OT- Clifton, Tauscher, Bulaga, Newhouse, Giacomini, Barbre
    OG- Sitton, Colledge, Spitz, TJ Lang (also OT)
    C- Scott Wells, Evan Dietrich-Smith

DE- Jenkins, Neal, Harrell, Jarius Wynn, CJ Wilson
    NT/DT- Raji, Pickett, Toribio, Talley
    OLB- Matthews, Jones, Poppinga, Zombo!, Obiozor
    ILB- Barnett, Chillar, Hawk, Bishop, Francois
    CB- Woodson, Harris (hurt), Tramon Williams, Shields, Underwood, Pat Lee, Jarrett Bush
    S- Collins, Burnett, Bigby (hurt), D Martin, Blackmon, Peprah, Levine

K- Crosby
    P- Masthay, Bryan
    LS- Goode

PACKERS
    Excess Value Talent:
    TE
    OL
    FB

Looking for:
    OLB
    CB

Who has depth at OLB or CB?
    Who might be in need of an OL or TE or FB?

espn does depth charts.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

49ers (80 players)

Offense

QB – Alex Smith | David Carr | Nate Davis | Jarrett Brown

RB – Frank Gore | Brian Westbrook | Anthony Dixon | Michael Robinson

FB – Moran Norris | Jehuu Caulcrick | Brit Miller

WR – Michael Crabtree | Josh Morgan | Ted Ginn | Kyle Williams | Dominique Zeigler | Jason Hill | Bobby Guillory |
      ........ Kevin Jurovich

TE – Vernon Davis | Delanie Walker | Nate Byham | Tony Curtis | Joe Jon Finley

OT – Joe Staley | Anthony Davis | Alex Boone | Barry Sims | Matt Kopa

OG – Mike Iupati | Chilo Rachal | Adam Snyder (T/C) | Tony Wragge (C) | Brian de la Puenta

C – Eric Heitmann | David Baas (G) | Cody Wallace

Defense

DE – Justin Smith | Isaac Sopoaga (NT) | Ray McDonald | Demetric Evans | Khalif Mitchell (NT) | Derek Walker |
      ....... Will Tukuafu

NT – Aubrayo Franklin | Ricky Jean Francois (DE)

OLB – Manny Lawson | Parys Haralson | Ahmad Brooks | Travis LaBoy | Diyral Briggs | Bruce Davis

ILB – Patrick Willis | Takeo Spikes | Matt Wilhelm | NaVorro Bowman | Keaton Kristick | Mike Balogun

CB – Nate Clements | Shawntae Spencer | Tarell Brown | Karl Paymah | Phillip Adams | Will James |
      ...... Tramaine Brock

S – Dashon Goldson | Michael Lewis | Reggie Smith | Taylor Mays | Curtis Taylor | Chris Maragos

Special Teams

K – Joe Nedney | Shane Andrus
      P – Andy Lee
      LS - Brian Jennings

Injured Reserve

ILB - Scott McKillop
      OLB - Martail Burnett
      Last edited by phlysac; 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        Looking for:
        If the 49ers don't keep 5 OLB's they will have to waive Travis LaBoy or Diyral Briggs, both have looked great this preseason. If they keep 4 like last season, both will be available.
        Last edited by phlysac; 08-28-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
          If the 49ers don't keep 5 OLB's they will have to waive Travis LaBoy or Diyral Briggs, both have looked great this preseason. If they keep 4 like last season, both will be available.
          Why isn't Ahmad Brooks getting more playing time at OLB? I saw 2 49er preseason games, and I never noticed him out there.

Briggs is getting a lot more action than Brooks, which is interesting bc Brooks flashed a ton of potential outside with the limited snaps he had last year.

Comment

Although I'd prefer to trade with an AFC team, you might have something there.

How do you feel about your depth at OL, and behind Vernon Davis?
            Do you guys use a FB much, and how good is Norris, and the backup FBs?

Thanks for the help fellas. This is what I'm looking for. Let's find some trade partners for each other so good guys don't have to get cut.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Why isn't Ahmad Brooks getting more playing time at OLB? I saw 2 49er preseason games, and I never noticed him out there.

Briggs is getting a lot more action than Brooks, which is interesting bc Brooks flashed a ton of potential outside with the limited snaps he had last year.
              Ahmad Brooks is currently the teams #3 OLB. He suffered a lacerated kidney early in preseason and won't play until the regular season.

How do you feel about your depth at OL
              Happy with it. Only concern is consistency at RG (Rachal/Snyder). But there is a decent vet as depth at every spot on the line. It is possible that either Alex Boone or Barry Sims will not make the Final-53.

Depth: David Baas can start at G or C. Tony Wragge can backup at G oor C. Adam Snyder can backup at all 5 positions. Alex Boone and Barry Sims can backup both Tackle positions.

and behind Vernon Davis?
              I feel that Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker and Nate Byham are one of the best TE trios in the NFL.

Do you guys use a FB much, and how good is Norris, and the backup FBs?
              Fullback use is becoming limited. Norris is you stereotypical straight-ahead blocking back. Brit Miller is very popular amongst the fan base because of his work in the 2009 preseason. Jehuu Caulcrick appears to be the teams #2 FB. Because both Delanie Walker and Nate Byham both often play Jimmy Raye's "F-Back" position it seems likely the 49ers will only keep Norris.
              Last edited by phlysac; 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Patrick Robinson for BJ Raji straight up?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                  Patrick Robinson for BJ Raji straight up?
                  I saw Robinson last night, thought it was a bulked up and faster Mike McKenzie!
                  Same #34 and same Predator dreadlocks.

Is McKenzie unemployed again?
                  Maybe he'd upgrade Pat Lee & Brandon Underwood.

Comment

We aren't going to add any corners at this point. We wouldn't waste so much playing time and coaching time on Underwood and Lee to cut them now, especially this close to the season.

I could see us adding an OLB, but maybe Zombo did enough in the preseason where the coaches won't want to cut him.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

You cut Diyral I'll cut you!!!

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                        You cut Diyral I'll cut you!!!
                        They don't want to lose him. He spent most of last season on the Practice Squad so they obviously like him. The problem is, I don't think he'd clear waivers this time around.

I prefer Briggs to LaBoy and think they'll keep five.

Comment

QB Matthew Stafford - Shaun Hill - Drew Stanton
                          RB Jahvid Best -Kevin Smith -Maurice Morris -DeDe Dorsey -Aaron Brown
                          FB Jerome Felton -Jake Nordin
                          TE Tony Scheffler -Brandon Pettigrew -Dan Gronkowski -Will Heller
                          WR Calvin Johnson -Nate Burleson -Bryant Johnson -Derrick Williams -Tim Toone -Dennis Northcutt -Eric Fowler -Brian Clark -Michael Moore
                          OT Jeff Backus -Jon Jansen -Gosder Cherilous -Jason Fox -Corey Hilliard -Cliff Louis -Tyler Polumbus
                          OG Stephen Peterman -Rob Sims -Noah Franklin -Manny Ramirez
                          C Dominic Raiola -Dan Gerberry -Dylan Gandy
                          DE Kyle Vanden Bosch -Cliff Avril -Turk McBride -Lawrence Jackson -Willie Young -Jaron Baston -Chima Ihekwoaba
                          DT Ndamukong Suh -Corey Williams -Sammie Lee Hill -Andre Fluellen -Robert Callaway -Landon Cohen
                          LB Julian Peterson -DeAndre Levy -Zack Follett -Caleb Campbell -Isaiah Ekejiuba -Ashlee Palmer -Vinny Ciurciu -Landon Johnson -Korey Bosworth
                          Lee Campbell
                          CB Dre Bly -Jonathan Wade -Chris Houston -Eric King -Aaron Berry -Paul Pratt
                          TJ Rushing -Jack Williams
                          S Louis Delmas/Randy Phillips/Amari Spievey/CC Brown/Dante Wesley/Ko Simpson/John Wendling
                          K Steve Hauschka - Jason Hanson
                          P
                          Nick Harris
                          LS
                          Don Mulbach

Comment

I saw Robinson last night, thought it was a bulked up and faster Mike McKenzie!
                            Same #34 and same Predator dreadlocks.

Is McKenzie unemployed again?
                            Maybe he'd upgrade Pat Lee & Brandon Underwood.
                            yeah mckenzie is unemployed but probably injured.

Robinson was terrible yesterday (again), he has the physical ability but he has no clue whatsoever how to play the game it seems.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              DT Ndamukong Suh -Corey Williams -Sammie Lee Hill -Andre Fluellen -Robert Callaway -Landon Cohen
                              Joe Cohen?

I thought he looked decent in relief thus far this preseason. What is the word in Lion-Country?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information