Best RECEIVING-TE of our era

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant go wrong with Sharpe or Gonzo.
    I would have loved to seen Sharpe in this Colts offense like Clark is used.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

Tony Goat.

Comment

Chris Cooooooooleeeyyy

Comment

Either Gates or Tony G make sense to me

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
            If Gates had played football his whole career I would go with him but because he did not Tony G is the correct answer
            What, you can't hold his college career against him, if anything it's in his favor.

Anyway I think #s wise Gates is going to top everybody. He's not even 30 and is BFF with his quarterback. Gonzalez is clearly the answer right now, but in 7 more seasons he's about 20 career TDs ahead of Antonio. That's not a lot.

Comment

Tony G FTW

SPLOOSH

Comment

Every time Gonzo touches a ball he is extending some kinda record be it yards,catches or TD's it's just ridiculous, with one catch this season he will be the first TE ever with 1000 catches, only six WR's have done that.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  What, you can't hold his college career against him, if anything it's in his favor.

Anyway I think #s wise Gates is going to top everybody. He's not even 30 and is BFF with his quarterback. Gonzalez is clearly the answer right now, but in 7 more seasons he's about 20 career TDs ahead of Antonio. That's not a lot.
                  I am not holding it against him but I am just saying I don't think he will catch up to Gonzo in terms of production because he won't play as many seasons. Gonzo is only 4 years older than Gates but has played for 6 more seasons. I think Gates might catch up in touchdowns but he won't in yards or receptions

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    I am not holding it against him but I am just saying I don't think he will catch up to Gonzo in terms of production because he won't play as many seasons. Gonzo is only 4 years older than Gates but has played for 6 more seasons. I think Gates might catch up in touchdowns but he won't in yards or receptions.
                    I could see that.

Comment

As a pure receiver I would take Gates. His hands are disgusting, he catches the ball so well away from his body, and he is so good at using his body to create separation. He isn't the fastest TE, but he has more than enough speed. Gonzo is the slightly better blocker, IMO.

Gonzo is ridiculous, though. But if I got to choose between either one of them for one year in their prime, it would be Gates. But it's close enough that I wouldn't say anything if someone else chose Gonzo over him.

Comment

Was anyone else surprised to see how few times Jason Witten has actually scored TDs?
                        Miniscule compared to the others.

I learned that the hard way last year in FF.
                        Bastard.

Comment

Nobody means more to his team or his QB than Jason Witten.

Substitute clutch TE for receiving TE & that's Witten.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Nobody means more to his team or his QB than Jason Witten.

Substitute clutch TE for receiving TE & that's Witten.
                            I would contend that Gates absolutely takes that cake you handed to Witten there.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post

ughgh how could anyone be friends with this guy

antonio must be a loser hahaha

Comment

evan moore is a pretty good receiving tight end, we'll have to see how he does this year now that defenses know who he is

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information