Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Best RB from 2009 & 2010 Drafts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beanie Wells or C.J. Spiller. They were my two highest graded backs in 09' & 10' respectively and they both will receive plenty opportunity to prove themselves/succeed.

Jahvid could be a good one; but honestly, how long do you think he lasts in this league carrying a large part of the load? I'm really not sold on his durability or his ability to put on weight without losing quickness/speed. I really like him for Detroit and I like him to give the team the spark they needed in the running game, but I'd be a little surprised to see him play in this league (effectively) more than 6 years or so. I think he'll be nicked up often.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

I think Beanie Wells ends up having the best season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
        Beanie Wells or C.J. Spiller. They were my two highest graded backs in 09' & 10' respectively and they both will receive plenty opportunity to prove themselves/succeed.

Jahvid could be a good one; but honestly, how long do you think he lasts in this league carrying a large part of the load? I'm really not sold on his durability or his ability to put on weight without losing quickness/speed. I really like him for Detroit and I like him to give the team the spark they needed in the running game, but I'd be a little surprised to see him play in this league (effectively) more than 6 years or so. I think he'll be nicked up often.
        Definitely the major question. In the last preseason game he had 1 rush for 51 yards and 1 rec for 10 yards. From the way Schwartz has been handling him in the preseason I don't think he will be run in to the ground. I know he got a concussion from a nasty leap but has he had concerns besides that? I lean more towards a freak injury. I'm not worried about his size or anything.

Comment

I love how Detroit is already monitoring his touches. I'm worried about his knees primarily. I believe he suffered very minor injuries there and I'm concerned it may just get worse. I just don't know that this size back can handle the wear & tear of a full-time job at Running Back. It's a gut feeling, it's a concern of mine, and I can only hope that Best & the Detroit organization prove me wrong. I don't see any way Best can get 300 touches at any time in his career, you need to be real careful with the guy. I think he could be a great back, but Detroit would be wise to go out and draft him a partner in that backfield (if Kevin Smith doesn't improve.) Just kind of a scary player in that regard.

Mostly though, I'm not afraid of his injury history at all. I don't expect recurring concussion issues, though that could be a concern for some. I'm just worried about what the wear & tear of a big role in the NFL could do to him early in his career.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

For this upcoming season? Beanie Wells. Hes a monster and he's gunna have a huge year. For their career? I've been a huge CJ Spiller fan throughout the entire process, and I see no reason to change that now. You think Best is gunna be electric? Just watch Spiller. Even in Buffalo, Im betting Spiller becomes one hell of a RB.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This year i'll go with Ryan Mathews, over their careers I'll take Beanie Wells

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                Why with this thread again.....
                Sorry for the redundancy. The last one was locked for some reason, but it's my understanding that it may have projected "angst."

Comment

You know, I'll take McCluster for the Kevin Faulk factor. Sure, Edge and Ricky were amazing in their primes, but over the long-haul, Kevin Faulk has some claim to the best RB of 1999, imo.

McCluster should fill that same role, and has less talented players opposing him in this discussion.

Comment

I really hope we can have a third thread talking about how great a rookie who hasn't played in a regular season is going to be.

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                      You know, I'll take McCluster for the Kevin Faulk factor. Sure, Edge and Ricky were amazing in their primes, but over the long-haul, Kevin Faulk has some claim to the best RB of 1999, imo.

McCluster should fill that same role, and has less talented players opposing him in this discussion.
                      Lol, i love Faulk, but over Edge? lol.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        Lol, i love Faulk, but over Edge? lol.
                        Edge? What about over Ricky...Ricky Williams in his prime is one of the best RBs Ive ever seen play. If he wasn't so damn ridiculous (Don't get me wrong, I love him...but the **** he pulled was ridiculous), I think we would be talking about one of the best ever in Ricky.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Edge? What about over Ricky...Ricky Williams in his prime is one of the best RBs Ive ever seen play. If he wasn't so damn ridiculous (Don't get me wrong, I love him...but the **** he pulled was ridiculous), I think we would be talking about one of the best ever in Ricky.
                          On the other hand, if he wouldn't have taken time off, he probably only would have lasted another season or two the way Miami was just running him into the ground. You could already see the fatigue setting in during the year he set the carries record (2003 I think).

Also, I don't think Edge gets enough credit for how he was able to reinvent himself in the middle of his career. He was drafted as a speedy, all-purpose back. Once his knee got torn up and he lost most of his speed, he was able to turn himself into a damn good grinder. I think he led the league in carries of 5-10 yards multiple years in a row.

Both guys had fantastic careers.
                          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-30-2010, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Shonn Green and Arian Foster are my top two guys. Foster will really turn some heads this season, and I think he'll make it clear that he's a better player than Beanie or Moreno.

As for the future, I love Spiller and Dwyer as the best backs from 2010 draft. It may be years before Dywer gets a chance to really shine, but I think he'll turn out better than Mathews.

Jahvid Best could be a huge gamebreaker, but I'm not convinced he'll ever be able to take a big load. Also, aren't the Chiefs using McCluster as a receiver primarily?
                            Just play me, baby

Comment

So...apparently Mathews is crazy underrated. Out of all those guys, he's my favorite (although my main reason for picking him over Spiller is their respective situations).

Comment

Mathews has looked really great and consistent so far. His acceleration is superb, he can really turn the corner on outside runs in a flash.
                                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information