No announcement yet.

Ndamukong Suh vs Jake Delhomme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he does that to any other position but QB, then a suspension isn't even in the discussion.

I say a big, juicy fine, but if he has to sit a game, I'd support that as well. That was completely out of line. I get the "at the speed of the game, mistakes happen" aspect, but Suh not only grabbed his facemask but tried to Seagal him. Delhomme was down, and the rookie either got over excited about having his hands on the QB and decided he wanted a better hit or decided "Hey, I'm getting 15 already for this. Might as well make it worth it." That kind've stuffed can't be tolerated.

You want your players to have a mean streak, but not do something blatantly dirty. I loved Albert Haynesworth's mean streak...until he was stomping on Gurode.

But as a Titans fan, I probably shouldn't be preaching on ethics... :D
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

A thread? If this was anyone but Suh, it wouldn't have been news worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        If he does that to any other position but QB, then a suspension isn't even in the discussion.

I say a big, juicy fine, but if he has to sit a game, I'd support that as well. That was completely out of line. I get the "at the speed of the game, mistakes happen" aspect, but Suh not only grabbed his facemask but tried to Seagal him. Delhomme was down, and the rookie either got over excited about having his hands on the QB and decided he wanted a better hit or decided "Hey, I'm getting 15 already for this. Might as well make it worth it." That kind've stuffed can't be tolerated.

You want your players to have a mean streak, but not do something blatantly dirty. I loved Albert Haynesworth's mean streak...until he was stomping on Gurode.

But as a Titans fan, I probably shouldn't be preaching on ethics... :D
        I was going to say something similar. Maybe Suh did it consciously so that QB's would fear him. Not that they shouldn't already fear him.
        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Big fine, but no suspension I think. I really don't think there was intent to injure there. He probably went a little to hard on the play and ended up going to far. I'm not for suspending first time offenders, unless it's an extreme case. Give him a hefty fine and if he does it again, then slap him with an suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Big fine, but no suspension I think. I really don't think there was intent to injure there. He probably went a little to hard on the play and ended up going to far. I'm not for suspending first time offenders, unless it's an extreme case. Give him a hefty fine and if he does it again, then slap him with an suspension.
            I dont think he really deserves a suspension either but a fine for sure... Something like that could have severely injured the player, if that happens in the regular season then I definitely think an ejection would have been immediately handed out.

Comment

That was awesome. Suh would fit right in if this was the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                I'll take Leinart or Anderson over Delhommie.
                http://www.nfl.com/players/jakedelho...67&season=2009

I would take 4-5 terrible games over 16 terrible games, but that's just me.

Comment

mans be hatin' on the Lions

Comment

Nice reaction by Pashos. Just what you want to see when a lineman witnesses his quarterback getting mauled.

Comment

Suspending him? Not like he ripped the dude's helmet and tried to curb him. The play was more stupid than anything. You love to see a good hit, but you want it to be a good, clean hit and one that happens before the whistle.

The bigger deal to me in this whole thing was the fact if not for that play, Suh's play in the game was otherwise nondescript. He didn't really do anything.

3rd round rookie Shawn Lauvao had a nice game against him.

As for Delhomme being awesome? He's been effective. No question, but let's not get nuts. Hope it keeps up.

Comment

That a fight didn't break out from that between the linemen is a serious issue if I'm a Browns fan.

Love everything about that clip if I'm a Lions fan, though. Dirty players and dirty plays make defenses good.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          Love everything about that clip if I'm a Lions fan, though. Dirty players and dirty plays make defenses good.
                          Good players and good plays make defenses good.

Comment

**** Jake Delhomme, **** the NFL's fine happy policy, **** the man.

Suh will not be contained by mere mortals.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Suh will not be contained by mere mortals.
                              Shawn Lauvao being a Samoan God works for me

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                Good players and good plays make defenses good.
                                You have to have some dirty to be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information