Rivers
    Favre
    Eli
    Romo
    Big Ben
    Shaub

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      Hate Ben at 4. Or top 10 at all, his off the field antics have so undermined his game performances that it has to be taken into acct.
      being convicted of sexual assault wouldnt change his on field performance, just being accused of it certainly doesnt.

hes going to play out of his mind when he gets back. 4 will look about right

you dont have to like him to admit his game is good, hell i dont even really like him but the man is talented
      Last edited by K Train; 08-31-2010, 12:47 PM.
      E]

Comment

Ben's problem has been consistency on the field. He goes on and off for entire seasons. He is top-5 every off year.

Comment

15 Jay Cutler
          16 Kyle Orton

Nice sneaking that one in there. Orton was a much better QB last year.
          Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Leftwich, Leinart/Anderson, Bradford, Freeman, and Edwards are too high. Freeman should be #31 or #32 without question. Leinart/Anderson should be in the 30s as well. Delhomme and Matt Moore aren't that bad. In fact unlike many QBs on that list I think those 2 will have pretty decent seasons this year. Moore looked good to finish the year last season, and Delhomme had the only bad year of his career playing in a system that wasn't meant for him at all, and has been terrific this preseason so far.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Philip Rivers is easily the 4th best quarterback in football and he's going to prove it again this year, this time without Vincent Jackson.

Also, Matthew Stafford is hilariously low. Is this just based on team performance last year? He's a hell of a lot better than Mark Sanchez. The only guy between #19 and #26 who I'd take over Stafford for this coming season is Chad Henne (who is also way too low). Maybe Kevin Kolb too, but that's only a maybe.

Eli Manning is also far superior to Carson Palmer and an argument can definitely be made that he is better than McNabb.
              based on....?

throwing the same amount of INTs in 5 less games?

winning 2 games?

crushing the browns for the only game with a qb rating over 100?

OH BUT THE JETS HAVE A CRAZY DEFENSE!!!

yeah the same one that laid a duck and cost them two wins against Miami.

Also on a team without a legitamate play maker.

We can debate about all these confounding variables about why each person's numbers look worse than the others but I wouldn't be opposed to say they had equal years last year.

But to say one is a hell of a lot better than the other??? I'm prety sure the list is ranking arm strengths. or "intangibles"

Comment

I don't worry about these types of things. You are comparing different players, on different teams, in different systems, with different OCs calling/designing plays, with different personnel around them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Peyton
                  Brees
                  Brady

Rivers

Rodgers

Eli
                  Romo
                  Favre
                  Big Ben

Schaub

Seems like a much better top ten.
                  I'd have Big Ben ahead of Eli, and maybe Favre. McNabb and Palmer over Eli I find boggling. An argument can be made for McNabb, but not Palmer. It's definitely a better looking Top 10 though, imo.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
                    seriously Bryan Leftwich over Stafford lol

Schaub is way to low should be atleast 5 spots up
                    What a noob.

Comment

This is how I'd have it:

1-2. Brees/Manning in some order
                      3. Brady
                      4. Rivers
                      5. Rodgers
                      6-8. Manning/Roethlisberger/Favre in some order
                      9. Romo
                      10. Schaub

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                        I'd have Big Ben ahead of Eli, and maybe Favre. McNabb and Palmer over Eli I find boggling. An argument can be made for McNabb, but not Palmer. It's definitely a better looking Top 10 though, imo.
                        I just would hate to have Big Ben as my team's QB because dude's a tard. Even if he does everything perfectly off the field from now until the end of his career he'll still be a tard and that shows on the field when he makes dumb decisions and doesn't control and command his offense like Eli. Plus Eli's one of the few QBs in the NFL that Big Ben isn't clutcher than, which is his best attribute.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I just would hate to have Big Ben as my team's QB because dude's a tard. Even if he does everything perfectly off the field from now until the end of his career he'll still be a tard and that shows on the field when he makes dumb decisions and doesn't control and command his offense like Eli. Plus Eli's one of the few QBs in the NFL that Big Ben isn't clutcher than, which is his best attribute.
                          ben is way more clutch than eli.....i dont even think thats a contest, maybe a little homer of me but not completely out of the question.

he makes dumb decisions but for every one of those he has a huge play. its give and take with ben

you dont see ben blow many games, but you see him win them by himself since he has the worst playcaller imaginable calling the plays and has to improvise everything

/homerism end
                          Last edited by K Train; 08-31-2010, 01:04 PM.
                          E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                            ben is way more clutch than eli.....i dont even think thats a contest, maybe a little homer of me but not completely out of the question.

he makes dumb decisions but for every one of those he has a huge play. its give and take with ben
                            Eli is VERY clutch himself! One of the beat writers documented some of his comebacks. Hence Eli flies under the radar due to the system we run. Notice how he had a career year when we gave him the ball and asked him to produce. We had no defense and no RB, and basically said, you need to score just as much as the other team otherwise we have no chance. That was his sink or swim moment, and he had a career year.

This is from 2008.

September 22, 2008
                            http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...#ixzz0NLmlCDJZ

Eli is 'The Comeback Kid'
                            If you were surprised by what Eli Manning did yesterday, or even by what he did in Super Bowl XLII, you shouldn’t have been. Throughout his entire short career, he has absolutely been The Comeback Kid.

In his 64 career starts, including the playoffs, Manning has rallied the Giants out of a fourth-quarter hole to either take the lead or tie the game an amazing 16 times. Eleven times, including yesterday’s 26-23 overtime win over the Cincinnati Bengals, the comeback has resulted in a win.
                            And if that doesn’t impress you, consider this: The Giants have trailed in the fourth quarter in 38 of Manning’s 64 starts - more than half. Yet he’s rallied them to win 28.9% of those times. So if the Giants trail in the final 15 minutes, Manning has basically given them a one-in-three shot to win.
                            Here is the breakdown, comeback by comeback. Notice, too, that 7 of the 11 have come since the beginning of last year:

2004 SEASON

Jan. 2 (2005) - Giants 28, Dallas 24. Giants trail 24-21 with 11 seconds remaining when Manning, then a rookie, famously audibles out of a doomed pass play into a Tiki Barber run. Barber goes three yards up the middle for a touchdown and Manning’s first win.

2005 SEASON

Oct. 16 - Cowboys 16, Giants 13. Manning leads the Giants down the field for a game-tying touchdown with 19 seconds left in regulation (one drive after Brandon Jacobs fumbled at the Dallas 1). Cowboys go on to win in OT on a 45-yard field goal by Jose Cortez

Oct. 23 - Giants 24, Broncos 23. Maybe his most famous regular-season comeback. Down 13 with 13 minutes left, Manning rallies the Giants and eventually hits Amani Toomer with a game-winning touchdown with 5 seconds to go.

Nov. 13 – Vikings 24, Giants 21. Manning overcomes ugly, four-interception day by leading a touchdown drive (and two-point conversion) to tie the game with 1:21 remaining. But defense falls apart and Vikings deservedly win on a 48-yard field goal with 10 seconds left.

Nov. 27 – Seattle 24, Giants 21. This should’ve been a win. Down 21-13 with 4:33 remaining, Manning leads Giants to a tie on a touchdown pass (and two-point conversion) with 1:59 left). He also sets up three ensuing Jay Feely field goal tries (40 at the end of regulation, and 54 and 45 in OT) but Feely misses them all.

2006 SEASON

Sept. 17 – Giants 30, Eagles 24. Trailng 24-7 entering the fourth quarter,
                            Manning engineers his biggest rally in his best game (31 for 45, 371 yards, three TDs), tying the game with a field goal drive in the final seconds. He won it on a a 31-yard pass to Plaxico Burress late in OT with two Eagles defenders about to hit him on a blitz.

Nov. 5 – Giants 14, Texans 10. Not very dramatic, but the Giants did trail 10-7 entering the fourth quarter. The game-winner was a TD pass to Jeremy Shockey with 7:49 to go.

Dec. 3 – Cowboys 23, Giants 20. The Giants are down by a touchdown in the final minutes, but Manning rallies and hits Burress with a 5-yard TD pass with 1:06 remaining. Unfortunately, Cowboys K Martin Gramatica wins it with one second to spare.

Jan. 7 (2007) – Eagles 23, Giants 20. Trailing 20-13, the Giants overcame a 2nd-and-30 and Manning ended up tying the game with an 11-yard TD pass to Burress with 5:04 left. Of course, the defense couldn’t hold and K David Akers eliminated the Giants from the playoffs as time expired.

2007 SEASON

Sept. 23 – Giants 24, Redskins 17. The Giants trail 17-10 as the fourth quarter begins, but score twice in the final 12:33, including a 33-yard TD to Burress with 5:32 remaining. Of course, the defense saves everyone with a last-second goal-line stand.

Oct. 7 – Giants 35, Jets 24. Giants trail by a field goal entering the fourth, but take the lead on a 47-yard catch-and-run by Burress. They put the Jets away for good on Aaron Ross’ interception return for a touchdown with 3:15 to play.

Dec. 2 – Giants 21, Bears 16. With their season slipping away, the Giants trail 16-7 before scoring twice in the final 6:54. The game-winning 2-yard run by Reuben Droughns (set up by a brilliant pass to Burress) comes with 1:33 remaining.

Dec. 23 – Giants 38, Bills 21. Technically this goes in Manning’s column, though he had little to do with it on a day he fumbled five times. The Giants did trail 21-17 in the fourth, though, before two interception returns for touchdowns and an 88-yard TD run by Ahmad Bradshaw made it a blowout.

Jan. 13 (2008) – Giants 21, Cowboys 17. It was a fourth-quarter comeback, but only barely. The Giants trailed 17-14 before a Brandon Jacobs’ on-yard touchdown run, 2:24 into the fourth quarter put them up for good. Manning’s best moment was a touchdown drive in the final seconds of the first half. And don’t forget R.W. McQuarters’ game-ending INT to seal the deal.

Feb. 3 (2008) – Giants 17, Patriots 14. Down 14-10 with 2:39 to go against the undefeated New England Patriots, Manning calmly jogged out onto the … oh, you know the rest.

2008 SEASON

Sept. 21 – Giants 26, Bengals 23. Down 20-16 with 4:39 left, Manning leads them to a go-ahead TD to Kevin Boss with 1:50 left. The Bengals rally to kick a FG at the end of regulation, but Manning connects on a couple of big passes to set up the game-winning field goal in OT.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...#ixzz0NQAwPiAi

’08 GB-Giants
                            ’09-10 Giants @ Cowboys Eli with a come back win

Comment

i mean im not saying eli ISNT, im saying ben is better than eli and has an impressive resume of 4th quarter/OT, playoff, and superbowl come from behind wins himself.

again im not really knocking eli, i like eli alright
                              E]

Comment

Peyton
                                Brees
                                Brady

Rivers

Rodgers

Eli
                                Romo
                                Favre
                                Big Ben

Schaub

Seems like a much better top ten.
                                You're telling me there's a gap in between Rivers and Rodgers? Humor me some more by trying to logic that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information