Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by P-L View Post
    This is how I'd have it:

    1-2. Brees/Manning in some order
    3. Brady
    4. Rivers
    5. Rodgers
    6-8. Manning/Roethlisberger/Favre in some order
    9. Romo
    10. Schaub
    For me:

    1. Tom Brady
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Philip Rivers
    5. Aaron Rodgers
    6. Eli Manning
    7. Matt Schaub
    8. Tony Romo
    9. Ben Roethlisberger*

    *would be at 5/6 if he wasn't so inconsistent and off the field bad.

    ** No Favre, boycotting him.
    Last edited by Shiver; 08-31-2010, 01:17 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Elite
      1) Peyton Manning
      2) Brees
      3) Brady
      Nearly Elite
      4) Rodgers
      5) Rivers
      Very Good
      6) Favre
      7) Roethlisberger
      8 ) Eli Manning
      9) Romo
      Good
      10) Schaub
      11) McNabb
      12) Ryan
      13) Flacco
      Average
      14) Cutler
      15) Young
      16) Orton
      17) Palmer
      18 ) Hasselbeck
      Okay
      19) Stafford
      20) Henne
      21) Freeman
      22) Campbell
      23) Sanchez
      24) Kolb
      25) Moore
      Bad
      26) Bradford
      27) Garrard
      28 ) Smith
      29) Cassell
      Disgustingly Awful
      30) Delhomme
      31) Anderson
      32) Edwards


      That was done fairly quickly, I may tweak things if I think about it a bit longer, but thats my rankings in a nutshell.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        For me:

        1. Tom Brady
        2. Peyton Manning
        3. Drew Brees
        4. Philip Rivers
        5. Aaron Rodgers
        6. Eli Manning
        7. Matt Schaub
        8. Tony Romo
        9. Ben Roethlisberger*

        *would be at 5/6 if he wasn't so inconsistent and off the field bad.

        ** No Favre, boycotting him.
        Me likey your list.

        The top three guys are pretty much interchangeable. I think Brees has definitely earned the top spot, but if this is a projection of 2010, I'm with you on Brady. He's gonna have another "F U" year.
        Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          For me:

          1. Tom Brady
          2. Peyton Manning
          3. Drew Brees
          4. Philip Rivers
          5. Aaron Rodgers
          6. Eli Manning
          7. Matt Schaub
          8. Tony Romo
          9. Ben Roethlisberger*

          *would be at 5/6 if he wasn't so inconsistent and off the field bad.

          ** No Favre, boycotting him.

          I guess I ought to clarify some things:

          Biggest movers up this past year were Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning and Matt Schaub.

          Aaron Rodgers may be the most dangerous QB in the game and it is only a matter of time until he racks up the MVP, Super Bowl, OPotY trophies.

          Eli Manning took a long time to develop. From about 2005-2007 I began to doubt he ever would. Ever since that playoff run in the 2007 playoffs (because he was awful in the regular season that year, thank God for defense and the run game) he has blossomed into a mature, accurate passer who can flat out make plays. Last year was his first of what I think will be a pattern of 4,000 yard seasons.

          (hopefully it doesn't take Matt Ryan three plus years to develop...)


          Matt Schaub is one of the most accurate passers, he runs that offense near perfectly. If I wanted someone to run my team he is right up there. The longevity isn't there yet, especially with durability concerns from the past, but on the field he is an elite playmaker. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he is in everyone's top-5 next year.

          Roethlisberger went way down. The QB has to instill confidence in the team and he just doesn't. As I mentioned earlier his career has been a roller coaster of off the field problems and entire seasons of spotty play. You never know what you will get from him.
          Last edited by Shiver; 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            I'm more curious to know how the following guys will shape up in the coming years:

            Matt Ryan
            Joe Flacco
            Chad Henne
            Sam Bradford
            Mark Sanchez
            Matt Stafford


            Flacco is a more mobile, less douchebag version of Ben, Matt Ryan is almost identical to Eli so far, its scary how similar they are. Henne is slept on, he's like a poor man's Flacco, Stafford is like Cutler.

            I can't think of any analogies for Sanchez and Bradford yet.

            I am curious to see how those guys pan out and how they rank out in the coming years.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I'm more curious to know how the following guys will shape up in the coming years:

              Matt Ryan
              Joe Flacco
              Chad Henne
              Sam Bradford
              Mark Sanchez
              Matt Stafford


              Flacco is a more mobile, less douchebag version of Ben, Matt Ryan is almost identical to Eli so far, its scary how similar they are. Henne is slept on, he's like a poor man's Flacco, Stafford is like Cutler.

              I can't think of any analogies for Sanchez and Bradford yet.

              I am curious to see how those guys pan out and how they rank out in the coming years.
              ben is very mobile....flacco can look like a statue back there sometimes, not sure where you are getting that opinion from.

              i get the douchebag part though
              E]

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by K Train View Post
                ben is very mobile....flacco can look like a statue back there sometimes, not sure where you are getting that opinion from.

                i get the douchebag part though
                Both are mobile. Ben is tougher to bring down, but slightly slower. Both have wiggle to them though.

                Both have huge arms. Both rely on those huge arms probably more than they should. Both can do a better job of presnap adjustments but both make it work regardless.

                I'd say Flacco does a better job of anticipating routes, but Ben is more of a playmaker.

                I can talk about these guys for hours, I've studied all of them pretty extensively. I just usually stay out of these convos bc it doesn't really go anywhere.

                Comment


                • #38
                  1. Peyton Manning
                  2. Drew Brees
                  3. Tom Brady
                  4. Aaron Rodgers
                  4. Philip Rivers
                  6. Brett Favre
                  7. Ben Roethlisberger
                  8. Eli Manning
                  9. Matt Schaub
                  10. Tony Romo

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    1. Peyton Manning
                    2. Drew Brees
                    3. Tom Brady
                    4. Aaron Rodgers
                    4. Philip Rivers
                    6. Brett Favre
                    7. Ben Roethlisberger
                    8. Eli Manning
                    9. Matt Schaub
                    10. Tony Romo
                    Good call, our top 10 is identical, except I have Romo/Schaub switched.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by K Train View Post
                      i mean im not saying eli ISNT, im saying ben is better than eli and has an impressive resume of 4th quarter/OT, playoff, and superbowl come from behind wins himself.

                      again im not really knocking eli, i like eli alright
                      I know, I am just saying he is better than people realize. You see, I said it on this MB as well as others, but we failed in epic fashion in developing him quickly.

                      You guys had a great young offensive mind in Whisenhunt, while Rivers had Cam Cameron who developed Brees and Rivers.

                      We had Hufangel who got fired and now is out of the NFL. We had to promote Gilbride and then hire Chris Palmer who developed Eli into the QB he is, and he is getting better.

                      The problem is our system isn't a passing one like all these other QBs. So Eli will never get the eye popping stats as Ben or Rivers in the Air Croyell system.

                      Like Coughlin says, our identity is run the football, control the clock, and attack the passer. Sadly, Eli's numbers will never be eye popping. Last season was great to see from the prespective that we had no defense or running game. So Eli had to do everything, and still had a career year. Imagine that ALL the time like other QBs in different systems.

                      Make no mistake Eli has as much talent as the top QBs, but stick in a system, where it's run the ball with Bradshaw, Jacobs, and so on.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I base Super Bowl rings in this heavily, and obviously based on last year. Also how I think they'll do this coming season.

                        1a) Peyton Manning
                        1b) Drew Brees
                        3) Aaron Rodgers
                        4) Tom Brady
                        5) Big Ben
                        6) Matt Schaub
                        7) Philip Rivers
                        8) Donovan McNabb
                        9) Brett Favre
                        10) Joe Flacco

                        I believe Big Ben will do very well when he comes back.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                        Sig by, Hitman D

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Coughlin better wise up, and fast. The Giants offense is slanted heavily towards the pass now when it comes to talent. They need to unleash Manning, Smith, Nicks, etc. and play like New England does. Brandon Jacobs is terrible and Ahmad Bradshaw might break his foot getting off the bus.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Coughlin better wise up, and fast. The Giants offense is slanted heavily towards the pass now when it comes to talent. They need to unleash Manning, Smith, Nicks, etc. and play like New England does. Brandon Jacobs is terrible and Ahmad Bradshaw might break his foot getting off the bus.
                            We might be the only team in the league that runs an iform heavy offense.

                            Our offense is so dated.


                            We probably will try to establish the run early, but will see it fail bc our oline can't block anymore, and will go back to more 3 WR sets out of necessity. My concern is we don't pass protect very well either, so unless the oline really wakes up, its going to be a long season offensively.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              Coughlin better wise up, and fast. The Giants offense is slanted heavily towards the pass now when it comes to talent. They need to unleash Manning, Smith, Nicks, etc. and play like New England does. Brandon Jacobs is terrible and Ahmad Bradshaw might break his foot getting off the bus.
                              No, I think last year was an aberration. ALL our Rbs were hurt, which reminded me of the Packers not to long ago, where they signed Gado. Now everyone is healthy, so we will see. The OL needs to get healthier, and I don;t mind next draft spending picks to get younger there.

                              Bradshaw is fine now. He actually played through his injuries. As a coach, you can't complain if the player is busting his butt playing with 2 bum ankles. That's heart right there, and probably helped him start over Jacobs now.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                                Good call, our top 10 is identical, except I have Romo/Schaub switched.
                                I probably underrated Romo but I can't find anything I like more of his than anyone else on the list. I've never been a Romo fan, and yet he's done nothing for me to dislike him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information