Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Resume alone should have Favre first by that logic and more of the older QBs toward the top of your order. What has Rivers done individually that puts him a tier over Rodgers? I know it's such a little thing but with so many having Rodgers over Rivers alone, myself included, I don't see how you can have him a full tier behind Rivers unless you're factoring in overall team success which isn't exactly the best judgement.
    Sorry man I am a huge Rodgers fan, but when it comes to QBs winning games in the playoffs is definitely a factor. Plus Rivers is taller, has a cooler uniform, and is undefeated in his CAREER in december.

Originally posted by P-L View Post
    Ben is fifth or sixth when he plays his best. However, like Shiver pointed out, he's inconsistent from year-to-year. He's been in the league for six years and his seasons have gone like this: good, very good, terrible, excellent, average, and excellent. You never know what you're going to get with him.
    Raped. heh.

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
      I base Super Bowl rings in this heavily, and obviously based on last year. Also how I think they'll do this coming season.

1a) Peyton Manning
      1b) Drew Brees
      3) Aaron Rodgers
      4) Tom Brady
      5) Big Ben
      6) Matt Schaub
      7) Philip Rivers
      8) Donovan McNabb
      9) Brett Favre
      10) Joe Flacco

I believe Big Ben will do very well when he comes back.
      So you say you base your rankings heavily on SB rings, yet you have Brady behind 3 guys who have combined less rings than him. Don't contradict yourself too much.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Super Bowls seem to confuse people when it comes to rankings. If it's all about Super Bowls, then Bradshaw must be the best QB of all time.

Big Ben tried to give away their first Super Bowl, but his team was so good they still won, well the refs helped too (sorry Seattle).

But I can't complain about him being above Rodgers at this point because of their head to head game last year. Rodgers was phenomenal, but Benny set a Steelers franchise record with 500+ yards, despite being pressured, and his last second, last-play TD pass broke our hearts and was the play of the year.

I agree Matt Schaub is too low. Again, the author is failing to judge it by performance only, and instead factors in playoff and team success too much.

Flacco ahead of Matt Ryan isn't right. Again, because the Ravens are rated so high, I think clown overrates the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          If Big Ben comes back from his suspension and plays very, very well and keeps his nose clean this offseason and possibly next, where would you rank him? On his play alone, I think he's a top 5-6 QB, yet his off the field acts need to stop.
          People dont just stop raping people.

Comment

1- Peyton
            2- Brees
            3- Brady
            4- Rivers
            5- Rodgers
            6- Roethlisberger
            7- Eli
            8- Romo
            9- Schaub
            10- McNabb

Brett Favre is one of the most overrated players in the history of football. I admire his durability, but he's not in the same class as the greats of yesteryear (Marino, Montana, Elway, etc.) and he's not as good as the elite guys right now.

Had McNabb been traded to the Vikings prior to last season, he would've helped them to similar regular season dominance and may have actually not thrown a game-killing interception in the playoffs, just as Favre did in his last snap as a Packer...
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

With that said, the Bears suck.
              Well, those Bears still did manage to beat the Vikings last year, whereas we lost both games against those grape *******.
              Had we beaten them once like the Bears did, we would have won the division.
              Let's keep it real here.

Cutler is Jeckyl & Hyde though for sure. Often in the same game.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                1- Peyton
                2- Brees
                3- Brady
                4- Rivers
                5- Rodgers
                6- Roethlisberger
                7- Eli
                8- Romo
                9- Schaub
                10- McNabb

Brett Favre is one of the most overrated players in the history of football. I admire his durability, but he's not in the same class as the greats of yesteryear (Marino, Montana, Elway, etc.) and he's not as good as the elite guys right now.

Had McNabb been traded to the Vikings prior to last season, he would've helped them to similar regular season dominance and may have actually not thrown a game-killing interception in the playoffs, just as Favre did in his last snap as a Packer...
                That's all true, but there's no way McNabb would have racked up the statistics that Benedict Favre did last year, or ever has. But in the playoffs, you are right, Farve always has done his best to wait til the last second and throw a season away with a freshman-like terrible mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  That's all true, but there's no way McNabb would have racked up the statistics that Benedict Favre did last year, or ever has. But in the playoffs, you are right, Farve always has done his best to wait til the last second and throw a season away with a freshman-like terrible mistake.
                  Instead, McNabb would have puked all over the field because he was so dehydrated from partying all week.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post

32. Trent Edwards - Bills

If Byron Leftwich/Matt Leinart were to be included they'd be behind Edwards for me.
                    Thank you. I couldn't care less if everybody had Edwards at 32, but he is at least better than Byron Leftwich. On a good day I'd argue him against Derek Anderson, but I see no need for that.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't say Edwards is better than Leftwich. Leftwich has far superior field vision and is capable/isn't afraid of throwing the deep ball. His issues strictly come down to his release and mobility.

Leftwich isn't a bad quarterback by any means. He's just not good.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-31-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I would rather have Edwards. Leftwich sucks donkey dick.

Comment

Ninja edit ftw.

Comment

Wrong

Today, 05:35 PM (permalink)
                            Shiver

Last edited by yourfavestoner : Today at 05:36 PM.

Comment

A guy that will undoubtably jump up all of these lists next year will be Jay Cutler. Pains me to say it but he's going to make remarkable strides (stat wise) in the Mike Martz offese. He doesn't have a true number one but a reciever out of the backfield, solid high upside TE, and a couple guys I personally like (individually, of course) at WR. Completely unbiased opinion here.

Then again, the same argument can be made against him in this pass happy offense. Cutler's physical tools aren't questioned, it's his head and in an offense as gimmicky as this, his confidence should be through the roof.

With that said, the Bears suck.
                              Doesn't he have to wave bye bye to catching passes in Martz system?
                              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

If I was asked to pick a QB for this season I would go

1. Peyton
                                2. Brees

3. Rodgers
                                4. Rivers
                                5. Brady

6. Romo
                                7. Roethlisberger
                                8. Favre
                                9. Schaub
                                10. McNabb

11. Eli
                                12. Flacco
                                13. Ryan
                                14. Palmer
                                15. Hasselbeck (if fully healthy but that is a huge if)
                                16. Orton

17. Cutler
                                18. Henne
                                19. Kolb
                                20. Smith
                                21. Young
                                22. Campbell
                                23. Stafford
                                24. Freeman
                                25. Garrard
                                26. Bradford
                                27. Cassel