"The Freak - 2" = ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Per rotoworld. One of my favorite prospects coming out last year. Was actually hoping we were grabbing him with the trade up instead of Clay Matthews. I'm not mad we didn't.
    Pretty much this, it didnt show up a lot but he was great against the run and lead all rookies in QB hurries last year. Really coming on strong in every sense. It sounds odd, but the defensive line actually looks better than it did with Peppers. It's only pre-season but Hardy, Brown, Brayton, and Johnson have all played as starters and there's been no noticeable depreciation in play when they rotate in or out.

Comment

The Freak 2? There's been like 500 guys called The Freak. Kearse just happened to be the first guy to be called that.

Comment

Kearse was called The Freak because of his size/speed/athleticism combo, plus the fact that he had a huge wingspan and massive hands. Graham is a potentially awesome pass rusher and player, but he isn't a physical freak like Kearse was. Mario Williams and Julius Peppers are probably the only 2 DE's in the league who could claim that freak label in terms of physical gifts + athleticism.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          Mark Anderson was great his rookie season with 12 sacks. after that...

I brought this up at the time: he had 12 and Mario Williams had 4.5 as rookies. Many people used that to argue that Williams was a bust. If you looked at their "hits" statistic, Mario Williams hit the QB more times; Anderson got the QB down at a statistically outrageous percentage in relation to how many times he got to him. Obviously now it can be seen as what it was, an outlier.

Comment

Brandon Graham will kill a man this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
              Brandon Graham has the best shot at 10+ sacks in my opinion. He'll be starting for the Birds from Day One & should establish himself as a force opposite Trent Cole. I think he could easily wind up the Defensive Rookie of the Year.
              ^ THIS ^
              I just hope he doesn't register sack #1 until week #2. If he was going against Barbre like we had starting last year week one, he'd have 4 or 5 sacks after his first game. Can anyone remember Adewale Ogunleye?
              Rodgers can. Barbre sees him in his nightmares still.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                Kearse was called The Freak because of his size/speed/athleticism combo, plus the fact that he had a huge wingspan and massive hands. Graham is a potentially awesome pass rusher and player, but he isn't a physical freak like Kearse was. Mario Williams and Julius Peppers are probably the only 2 DE's in the league who could claim that freak label in terms of physical gifts + athleticism.
                What about Jarron Gilbert? I thought last year he was considered that type of freak. Bear fan, what's he looked like so far?

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information