No announcement yet.

Plaxico Burress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, leave him in there. He broke the law, and he's paying for it. He shouldn't get a pass simply because there have been other cases where judges take it easy on the accused.

Comment

I still don't get why he had the gun on him. Get his street cred up? He's a football player not a gangster. Want protection? Hire a bodyguard smart enough not to shoot himself. How badass do you look behind bars Plaxico? Probably not as badass as you did with that glock sliding down your sweatpants. Hope it was worth it, G.

Comment

Anyone who lives in a state south of Maryland needs to keep their mouths shut because no way would he have received such a harsh sentence in a southern state.

Actually, I don't know of any city or state that has such zero tolerance towards handguns that illegally having one on your person that accidentally discharges is automatic prison time.
        Anyone can see Plax is being screwed royally. No felony priors, a victimless crime, and he's being treated like he committed armed robbery.

At most, he should have been sentenced to 12 months in jail. If he's forced to serve his full sentence, no parole, that's just some BS.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          I still don't get why he had the gun on him. Get his street cred up? He's a football player not a gangster. Want protection? Hire a bodyguard smart enough not to shoot himself. How badass do you look behind bars Plaxico? Probably not as badass as you did with that glock sliding down your sweatpants. Hope it was worth it, G.
          Maybe it had something to do with his teammate Steve Smith being robbed at gunpoint in front of his house a week earlier?

Comment

i agree with virtually everyone here. he was stupid, he doesnt know how to handle a weapon and he shot himself. but i agree with the sentiment that he shouldve hired a body guard or not gone if he were that afraid for his safety.
            Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
            Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

- just dont bring a gun (loaded without the safety on no less) to a friggin club.
              - dont carry a concealed weapon when you are not allowed to do so
              - if you really want a gun make sure you have your permits in order
              - if the city said it was going to higher the penalties on this stuff take the friggin deal.

I really wouldnt have cared if he got 5 years, this was not a stupid mistake or anything like that, this was somebody who has some fundamental flaws in his thinking. Sure a few of the things other players did resulted in worse but most of them were stupid mistakes, very stupid mistakes but not fundamental flaws in judgemental ability.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                Maybe it had something to do with his teammate Steve Smith being robbed at gunpoint in front of his house a week earlier?
                If he was that concerned, he should've either not gone out or hired a bodyguard. There really is no defending his actions.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                  - just dont bring a gun (loaded without the safety on no less) to a friggin club.
                  - dont carry a concealed weapon when you are not allowed to do so
                  - if you really want a gun make sure you have your permits in order
                  - if the city said it was going to higher the penalties on this stuff take the friggin deal.

I really wouldnt have cared if he got 5 years, this was not a stupid mistake or anything like that, this was somebody who has some fundamental flaws in his thinking. Sure a few of the things other players did resulted in worse but most of them were stupid mistakes, very stupid mistakes but not fundamental flaws in judgemental ability.

im sorry, what?

- drinking and driving is illegal, and deserves and often gets a pretty severe punishment depending on how drunk/speed/damage etc. especially when people die as a result of the drivers stupidity
                  - as is hitting someone with a car
                  - anal rape or rape of any kind is also pretty damn illegal last time i checked

drunk driving is just a mistake? no its complete disregard for the safety of others. granted so is carrying a gun but one resulted in someone dying and the other resulted in a self inflicted injury and embarrassment. someone couldve gotten hurt but NO ONE DID but plax. still very stupid but the punishment has been a little much.

rape is just a mistake? 'oh you said no? oh my mistake i mistook that for no dont stop.' bull**** thats knowingly committing an act of violence and just not giving a crap, having no self control.

maybe i wasnt clear enough in my first post. plax was wrong to bring the gun. he didnt have permits and he broke the law and endangered people. if he was that scared he shoulda stayed home. but the punishment was far too severe considering the punishment to some of these other crimes.
                  Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                  Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I don't want some bodyguard following me around wherever I go. I don't blame him for having a gun. I blame him for not getting it licensed.

Comment

Damn, he was going to be my fantasy sleeper pick...
                      Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Wasn't it also a registered gun?
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          How long did Jerramy Stevens (anal rapist and drunk driver), Leonard Little (drunk driving killer), or Donte Stallworth (drunk driving killer) spend in jail? A total of 37 days.
                          Clearly those guys didn't deserve the leniency they got, but I can't believe anyone would say that because someone got off easy, then everyone should.

It's not Mr. Burress who is getting the raw deal, but the victims of Mr Stevens, Little, and Stallworth.

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          In a different state if I remember correctly.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            just trying to remember, it was either it wasnt or it was but not to him or anyone legally or not in the state he was in.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                              just trying to remember, it was either it wasnt or it was but not to him or anyone legally or not in the state he was in.

I think it was registered in another state.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Isn't the law in New York City that it's illegal to carry a firearm in public??

I don't think it had anything to do with whether or not he had a license/permit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information