Vernon Gholston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Cue the guy who insist he needs to go to NO to play DE and become a pro bowler.
    Was that the same guy who insisted that Gholston was a better prospect than Mario Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
      I like strong, concise, clear statements like that.
      How is Gholston big enough to play DE now? Has he bulked up a lot?
      is it possible for him to bulk up any more? The guy looks like muscles are about to explode out of his body.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        At his size he's an end?..
        Yeah, he is now playing end in the 3-4 and he is pretty undersized but he's been making a lot of progress. He's finally getting after the QB which is nice to see.

As far as the "bust" label is concerned, he is a bust at this point. I don't think he'll ever live up to a #6 pick but he has a chance to be a solid player.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Gholston has actually looked pretty good in the PS so far. He is playing with motor, and with power. He's pushing back the line whenever he rushes.

Im not saying he's finally turning it around, but it does seem like he's moving in the right direction at least. I'd like to see him as a full time End in a 4-3.

Comment

He is the ultimate workout warrior. He rose, not based on what he did in college, but on his amazing combine and triangle numbers. The guy was a phantom at Ohio State when they got passed their non-conference cupcakes. He is a phantom in the NFL. But man were his biceps huge! Man could he run a 4.5.
            Last edited by Shiver; 09-02-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
              If Greg Hardy keeps up his preseason performance the rest of the season he will be the anti-Gholston.
              That's what I'm talking about.

Comment

Im kind of upset we didn't go after Geno Atkins and Greg Hardy. I loved Geno, and I used to have a mancrush on Hardy, and when I saw him available in the 6th i was like ****, let's get him.

2 guys who are going to be major steals for their teams.

Comment

How has George Selvie looked? Him and Greg Hardy both fell very low and both were being mocked into the 1st round for a long time, I figured both end up being a steal, but let's see how some perform in the regular season.

Atkins is more then likely a future pro bowler, it just made no sense he wasn't drafted higher.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

How has George Selvie looked? Him and Greg Hardy both fell very low and both were being mocked into the 1st round for a long time, I figured both end up being a steal, but let's see how some perform in the regular season.

Atkins is more then likely a future pro bowler, it just made no sense he wasn't drafted higher.
                    Aaaah, i wanted Atkins so bad. That one hurts.

Comment

I haven't watched any Rams preseason but a quick google says he looked good in scrimmages but has a leg injury that kept him out of at least one preseason game vs. the Pats.

I agree about Atkins, I really wanted the Colts to grab him. Him or Lamarr Houston. Or Brian Price. Damn what a DT class.

Comment

31 teams will regret passing on Hardy. Fact.

Comment

For at least 4 games that is. Bc after that, his potential to get injured increases exponentially.

But for a 6th round pick? Well worth it.

Comment

I like Vernon. Thanks to the similarities to him we could grab Thaddeus Lewis in the 4th :)
                            "Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."

Comment

He's been a bust for a while. Huge disappointment. A very small minority think he would do better in a 4-3 with his hand in the ground.
                              I'd say most people acknowledge that he could do no worse in a 4-3 as a DE. I doubt he'd ever "break out", but he'd certainly do more than he is right now.

I haven't watched any Rams preseason but a quick google says he looked good in scrimmages but has a leg injury that kept him out of at least one preseason game vs. the Pats.

I agree about Atkins, I really wanted the Colts to grab him. Him or Lamarr Houston. Or Brian Price. Damn what a DT class.
                              Yeah this was a sick class, Brian Price is going to be a monster. Watching him play I thought I was watching a young Sed Ellis, he's so quick out of his stance and does a great job attacking lineman low and blowing them back. He still needs some beefing up and he needs to work on not leaning as much so he doesn't end up on the ground as much but at his peak that guy's going to be a beast. I still regret the giants not trading Osi for the Rams second rounder and grabbing both Price and Joseph to go with JPP in the first and Hardy in the 6th. Our DL would be a dominant force going forward.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                I'd say most people acknowledge that he could do no worse in a 4-3 as a DE. I doubt he'd ever "break out", but he'd certainly do more than he is right now.

Yeah this was a sick class, Brian Price is going to be a monster. Watching him play I thought I was watching a young Sed Ellis, he's so quick out of his stance and does a great job attacking lineman low and blowing them back. He still needs some beefing up and he needs to work on not leaning as much so he doesn't end up on the ground as much but at his peak that guy's going to be a beast. I still regret the giants not trading Osi for the Rams second rounder and grabbing both Price and Joseph to go with JPP in the first and Hardy in the 6th. Our DL would be a dominant force going forward.
                                I remember you were pimping Price hard and I wasn't a fan of his, and I was pimping Geno hard and you weren't a fan of his.

I guess we were both right and wrong.

I liked Joseph and Troup a lot too. I thought Troup would be better value bc I thought he'd go in round 3, but Buffalo reached for him.

This was a great draft to overhaul your defensive line. I firmly believe that moving forward, its going to be easier to build a 4-3 defense than a 3-4.

Just look at guys like Daryl Washington, Geno Atkins, Brian Price, Hardy, Michael Johnson, Houston, Carlos Dunlap. Lots of quality 4-3 guys are falling in the draft nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information