Vernon Gholston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
    actually he only beat Jake once. He was matched up against Steve Schilling most of the game.
    LOL, where is Steve Schilling now?

Comment

Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
      actually he only beat Jake once. He was matched up against Steve Schilling most of the game.
      well wasn't that the only sack Jake Long gave up all year?

Comment

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Vernon just can't play standing up it seems. If he's playing decently at 3-4 DE, that really just shows he should have his hand in the dirt.

I'd still chance it with him with a late rounder and try him at DE. If he's hanging at 3-4 DE, he's at least good enough to factor into the run game, and guys that are that fast that are already impacting the run game could turn into something nice.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
            If that happened, the Bucs could have the top line in the NFL in 4 years. Maybe even trade a 7th for gholston and put him at LDE.
            Very exciting times. I can't stress how good I feel about our last two drafts. There's a big difference between just getting younger and actually adding young talent, which is what we've been doing methodically.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Did Gholston gain thirty pounds while I wasn't looking? The guy was a prototype 3-4 OLB/4-3 RE, or used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Did Gholston gain thirty pounds while I wasn't looking? The guy was a prototype 3-4 OLB/4-3 RE, or used to be.
                Nope. He was just SO BAD at OLB that he managed to be better at DE. His strength is serviceable at the position but his size would likely be an issue at some point. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  LOL, where is Steve Schilling now?
                  Starting at left guard for Michigan.

Comment

The thing about Greg Hardy is that he realistically had one year where he couldn't get healthy and you can say that about most players by the time they hit the NFL, some injury history, it's the game.

The biggest knock on him coming out was an apparent lack of motivation, failure to show up to meetings, not giving 100% whatever.

Hardy said after he was drafted that he did try, tried 100% of the time but just wasn't healthy enough to be productive or always get on the field. He is healthy and according to Beason and to everyone from fans to media who've seen him practice and play he gives his all on every single play and if he's doing that with the starters against the Titans, at DT, DE and every where and abusing people I think he's going places.

I don't expect him to start, but by next season I could see him being the starting LDE or RDE and being a massive force for Carolina. I wasn't a fan of the pick, at all. Now I am.

As for Gholston, he's absolutely a bust, of the highest caliber guys from the same draft class from the 7th round have more sacks, even Hilee Taylor who's missed most of his NFL career with injuries has 1 sack, Trevor Scott in Oakland who was a 7th rounder has 12.

He's a bust.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...0spot/10week14

7. Plenty is riding on Vernon Gholston's first sack. The Jets' defensive end, New York's 2008 first-round pick, keeps getting closer and closer to the first sack of his NFL career. According to NFL Players Association documents, Gholston needs only one sack to trigger a $9.1 million roster bonus that the Jets would have the option to pick up next March. Gholston also could activate the $9.1 million bonus with 20 percent play time this season or one fumble recovery. If the Jets declined to pick it up, Gholston then would become an unrestricted free agent. This is an escalator that the Jets worked into Gholston's contract last offseason, when the two sides agreed to restructure his deal. So one sack, one fumble recovery, one interception or 20 percent play time could mean a big payday -- or it could punch Gholston's ticket out of New York.

Comment

Lol at so much money hinging on so little. They are crazy if they pick up that option but it's not very likely.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I don't know whether to laugh or be disgusted.

Comment

Give him to me on the Titan's, let Washburn give it a go.

Comment

It's just incredible that he has no career sacks. You'd think that in three friggin' seasons, just once an O-lineman would slip and fall or blow his assignment to give up one measly garbage sack.

Gholston needs to find a QB who makes no money and offer him a million dollars to run right up to him and get sacked so he can trigger that 9 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                                It's just incredible that he has no career sacks. You'd think that in three friggin' seasons, just once an O-lineman would slip and fall or blow his assignment to give up one measly garbage sack.

Gholston needs to find a QB who makes no money and offer him a million dollars to run right up to him and get sacked so he can trigger that 9 million.
                                He once sacked a quarterback in the preseason.

Once.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information