X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxxxxxx
    started a topic Vernon Gholston

Vernon Gholston

I couldv'e just put this in the Jets thread, but I wanted a bigger discussion. Is he just a bust now? Just another way the OSU program sucks ass lol? I haven't followed him or the jets at all so can someone fill me in?

• AHungryWalrus
    replied
    I loved the pick at the time, because I wanted anyone other than McFadden...

Trade? Plz?

Leave a comment:

• stephenson86
    replied
    Well then I'm convinced lol, I have only seen 2 Jet's games this year (both the ones where Sanchez has totally blown) and as I don't really care much for defence I hadn't noticed, just assumed it was 3-4.

Leave a comment:

• gsorace
    replied
    Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
    I think he still needs to be given a go in a 4-3 just to see if he can still bull rush the OT
    The jets line up in a 4-3 all the time, Gholston is just a bad football player.

Leave a comment:

• stephenson86
    replied
    I think he still needs to be given a go in a 4-3 just to see if he can still bull rush the OT

Leave a comment:

• BuddyCHRIST
    replied
    Don't the Jets have to pick up his option for that 9.1 to kick in? Not sure if I'm reading it right, would think they would just say "No Thanks."

And Schefter is crazy if he thinks Kellen Moore is a 3rd-4th round pick.

Leave a comment:

• TACKLE
    replied
    Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
    he's good in madden dude youre an idiot for not wanting him
    He's good, but he's no Manny Lawson.

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    Its because he's so bad in open space that its actually comical.

I'm kind of glad that the Patriots got Mayo too, although that was because I thought they were going to draft Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and that thought terrifies me.
    he's good in madden dude youre an idiot for not wanting him

Leave a comment:

• Crickett
    replied
    Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    It's kind of funny that in three years he has zero sacks. Not even one in Ryans Blitz heavy defense. Pretty big bust. I remember after watching his combine wanting the Pats to go for him, man so glad we got Mayo.
    Its because he's so bad in open space that its actually comical.

I'm kind of glad that the Patriots got Mayo too, although that was because I thought they were going to draft Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and that thought terrifies me.

Leave a comment:

• Jvig43
    replied
    It's kind of funny that in three years he has zero sacks. Not even one in Ryans Blitz heavy defense. Pretty big bust. I remember after watching his combine wanting the Pats to go for him, man so glad we got Mayo.

Leave a comment:

• PoopSandwich
    replied
    he sucks big weiner end topic

Leave a comment:

• cvv84
    replied
    Originally posted by umphrey View Post
    do the jets have to pay him if he picks up his end of the deal? because if he is one sack away from stealing 9M from the Jets, they would be stupid to not just sit him on the bench
    They'd still have to pick up the option. Basically they put in that incentive to try to motivate him and now they can let him walk with less financial ramifications then if he were to play out his full 5 year rookie contract.

Leave a comment:

• killxswitch
    replied
    He'd be fine if he just got a chance to play in a 4-3.

Leave a comment:

replied
    You do the math...he doesn't start in year 3 and was the 6th pick in '08. Jets fans probably love him though.

Leave a comment:

• umphrey
    replied
    do the jets have to pay him if he picks up his end of the deal? because if he is one sack away from stealing 9M from the Jets, they would be stupid to not just sit him on the bench

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information