No announcement yet.

Prospects You Were Incredibly Wrong About

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Jones was actually having a breakout season before he got busted with the coke.

Comment

• The one draft choice that I distinctly remember being 100% wrong was Mario Williams over Vince Young & Reggie Bush. As a Texans fan, I was infuriated that we were sticking with David Carr another year when Vince Young was available. It wasn't that I thought Mario was horrible, I just didn't think he was who we should go with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolas View Post
        The one draft choice that I distinctly remember being 100% wrong was Mario Williams over Vince Young & Reggie Bush. As a Texans fan, I was infuriated that we were sticking with David Carr another year when Vince Young was available. It wasn't that I thought Mario was horrible, I just didn't think he was who we should go with.
        I was one of the few that liked the pick. I remember saying that if we dont pick Bush that we should switch to a 4-3 and draft Mario Williams. Vince Young played the majority of his snaps out of the shotgun and Bush isnt exactly a ZBS runner so it made sense to go with the massive DE instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          I was one of the few that liked the pick. I remember saying that if we dont pick Bush that we should switch to a 4-3 and draft Mario Williams. Vince Young played the majority of his snaps out of the shotgun and Bush isnt exactly a ZBS runner so it made sense to go with the massive DE instead.
          In retrospect, Houston had an amazing draft that year. Mario, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels were all solid picks. The only way it could have been better is if we had been fortunate enough to take Marques Colston (the steal of that draft).

Comment

• Brady Quinn (although in my defense JR sucked too!)

Matt Leinart.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Speaking of Reggie Nelson, now that he has been traded any chance Mike Zimmer breaths new life into his game?
              You can't fix stupid.

Not only that, but he's probably the worst tackling safety in the NFL. Watching him try to bring down tight ends and running backs in the open field is just disgusting.

Comment

• Limas Sweed.. I used to love showing my non-college football brother his highlight tapes. Saying "Titans and VY need this guy."

Whatever happened to him? Lazy, immature, injury prone???
                Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                  Limas Sweed.. I used to love showing my non-college football brother his highlight tapes. Saying "Titans and VY need this guy."

Whatever happened to him? Lazy, immature, injury prone???
                  not lazy or immature at all, very hard worker and a good team mate.

concentration lapses were his Achilles heel (which he just tore btw, or his patellar tendon i forget )...he had good speed and ran great routes for someone who never ran routes in college since he was a man among boys. he just had some serious dropsies and continually broke my heart. i really think he was poised to have a solid year as a 3rd year pro before he got hurt
                  E]

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information