Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ Hawk is the one.

Comment

I didn't get anything right in 08. I thought Brohm would be a star and McFadden was the second coming of Marcus Allen.
      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        to be fair to rogers, i thought he was a completely different player pre/post injury.
        When you miss essentially to straight years and spend your time "rehabbing" by blazing every day and getting hooked on pain pills, it's usually not conducive to professional athletic career haha.

But you're right, in the few games he played in during his rookie season, he flashed elite potential.

Comment

Good topic, I'll weigh in

Cedric Benson - I was a huge fan and I was burned for it the first few years of his career. Good to see him turning things around now though.

Derrick Johnson - Still my favorite LB prospect since I started watching the draft. If he played in a traditional 4-3 at the WILL position, I really think he would of been a star. Scheme changes and an inability to get off blocks kinda shut down his career though.

Antonio Cromartie - And here is my favorite CB prospect since I started watching the draft. Awful, huh? I wanted him on the Ravens so badly that year...painful to see the way his career has gone.

Marcedes Lewis - I thought he was going to be the next Antonio Gates. No joke.

Jimmy Williams - Loved the size, loved the speed, loved the game tape. Again, this one really hurts.

*** I loved Vince Young too, but I think the jury is still out on that one.

Jamaal Anderson - I LOVED him as a DE prospect. Thought he was going to be an awesome player.

Chris Houston - I loved him as well, big fan of the Falcons draft class that year. I thought he was going to be the next great press man corner in the NFL. Whoops

That's probably enough embarrassment for now, I think some of the other guys are too early to admit you are wrong about.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            absolutely agree. but i think it was a bit different from the jamarcus russell laziness. i feel like he was looking good, even in the preseason in his second year before he got hurt again. i think that pretty much ended him.
            This.

Alot of people don't really remember that either. He started his career as a rookie on fire too, I think he had 3 TD's through his first two weeks(I'm not looking now so not sure), and he really looked like he was gonna make something of himself.

It's tough to bounce back from multiple collar bone breaks anyway though, him just getting incredibly lazy and fat didn't help the rehab any but I think he was on his way to being really good before the constant injuries.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Charles Rogers is another player that failed because of work ethic. He was a legit, top end speed guy. When he tried out for the Chiefs just four years into his career he ran a 4.9.
              He had that one awesome game the season opener against the Cardinals. Thats also the game that kinda but Anquan Boldin on the radar. Rodgers looked legit in that game, tough catches, going deep etc. I thought he would be a sure thing.

Comment

Robert Gallery - I didn't want the Giants to trade for Eli so that we could grab Gallery and try and make it back to the superbowl
                Brady Quinn - I bought the hype
                Chris Houston - I saw a physical corner with blanketing man skills.
                Antonio Cromartie - Was a huge fan of his upside
                Alex Smith - I thought he was a franchise QB
                Derrick Harvey - Uhh
                Chad Jackson - It gets even worse
                Reggie Nelson - Why god, why must Reggie Nelson be ********?
                Charles Rogers - And he looked so promising early
                Roy Williams - Seriously detroit, this was the WR you hit on before Megatron.
                Jamaal Anderson - I thought he'd be the prospect Mario Williams was supposed to be.
                Last edited by Rosebud; 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I thought Dwayne Jarret was going to be a nasty WR in the nfl. I still wish he was :(

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Antonio Cromartie - And here is my favorite CB prospect since I started watching the draft. Awful, huh? I wanted him on the Ravens so badly that year...painful to see the way his career has gone.
                    i was borderline a ****** for cromartie....if he ever took the time to really tighten up his game we'd be looking at the best and highest paid CB in the league right now, just so ******* talented.

he was probably my third favorite CB prospect ever, behind pacman (i said it) and the upcoming patrick peterson <333
                    E]

Comment

I feel like a lot of the guys I was wrong about (Russell, Quinn, Mike Williams) all had some issues, and if you told me that Russell and Mike would get lazy and never put in the work after getting paid, I wouldn't have been all that surprised.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

In his defense Gallery has turned out to be a pretty decent guard, at least he is not all ready out of the league like some other guys.

That said I would have had no problem with him going first over all, I really thought he was that good.

Comment

Just a quick list.

Michael Huff
                          Matt Leinart
                          Laurence Maroney
                          Reggie Bush
                          AJ Hawk
                          Chad Greenway
                          Bobby Carpenter
                          Chris Long

Comment

I loved marcus mccauley....I though he was going to be a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Just a quick list.

Michael Huff
                              Matt Leinart
                              Laurence Maroney
                              Reggie Bush
                              AJ Hawk
                              Chad Greenway
                              Bobby Carpenter
                              Chris Long
                              I remember his rookie year and thinking he was going to be a stud...

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Dude was going to be a beast in the NFL. Hard to believe his NFL career only consisted of 15 games.
                                I was so happy the Lions picked Rodgers so the Texans could get Andre Johnson. He was my favorite player in college that year.

Matt Ryan was also one I thought wouldnt do well at all.

I am not going to be wrong on being a homer for Taylor Mays though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information