• Wrong About...
    Thought would be great:

V.Gholston
    B.Quinn
    Akili Smith
    Chad Jackson
    R. Meachem

Didn't think would be this good:

Chris Johnson (How do you pass on a WR?!)
    B. Roesthl...r
    N. Mangold (Thought he was okay... didn't think he'd ever be the league's best)
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• mainly everyone's been said. I loved Chris Houston, thought he'd be the best CB in the class. Loved Reggie Nelson, and even kinda liked Alphonso Smith. Lawson and Balmer I was high on too.
      I also thought Ray Rice would be a stud...oh, wait. I win
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I think my biggest miss was Reggie Nelson. I was all over his nuts. I thought he was going to be so good, I was so convinced of it.

I was talking him up all offseason, during the season, during the combine, and on draft day. He was one of my favorite prospects since I've been following the draft.

To see him fail this epically is just sad. Dude has the athleticism, but I underestimated how stupid he is, and how his "eraser" tackling method wouldn't work in the NFL.

I missed it big on him too, it's not like he doesn't have the talent though, I wanted Dallas to trade up for him and felt he could have changed our defense being a deep centerfielder.

Did anyone see him vs the Bucs on that Mike Williams 50 yard catch on the 1st play of the game? LOL why is he still even on a roster?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I missed it big on him too, it's not like he doesn't have the talent though, I wanted Dallas to trade up for him and felt he could have changed our defense being a deep centerfielder.

Did anyone see him vs the Bucs on that Mike Williams 50 yard catch on the 1st play of the game? LOL why is he still even on a roster?
          I'm praying he's gone with the final cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

The problem isn't talent. He has all world talent. He's just incredibly stupid.

I thought he could overcome it in the NFL, but its obvious now that he was a complete moron at Florida, and they just had him run a deep zone every play bc he couldn't do anything else.

And now with NFL routetrees, he's completely lost. I underestimated how important intelligence is for safeties.

Which is embarassing for me to say, bc safety is the position I hold closest to my heart. I feel I know that position better than any other position, (CB is #2), and to miss that bad on Reggie stung a little.

Comment

• A lot of the first round safeties lately I've been wrong about. I keep expecting to see the next Reed, Polamalu, etc. and people like Michael Huff and Laron Landry don't do anything worth noting.

Comment

• I really liked Huff coming out. In fact, I liked him alot more then Landry or Nelson. Kind of sucks he ended up in Oakland.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  A lot of the first round safeties lately I've been wrong about. I keep expecting to see the next Reed, Polamalu, etc. and people like Michael Huff and Laron Landry don't do anything worth noting.
                  Same here.

I hope Taylor Mays breaks the trend. I think he's Bob Sanders, on Sean Taylor's frame. I thought Minnesota was foolish to pass him up, he's exactly what they need.

Also, I'm not that high on Earl Thomas. He's smarter than Reggie Nelson, but I think he'll struggle with tackling like Nelson has because of his tiny frame. Trying to take down big runningbacks or tight ends in the open field will end up unfavorably for him.

Watch, though, with my luck with safeties, he'll be the next Ed Reed.

Comment

• I think the hard part of evaluating safeties is we try to evaluate them from a tv angle.

It's very difficult evaluating DBs from the TV angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      A lot of the first round safeties lately I've been wrong about. I keep expecting to see the next Reed, Polamalu, etc. and people like Michael Huff and Laron Landry don't do anything worth noting.
                      now that Taylor and Berry are in the league I'm just not that excited about safeties anymore. sigh.

Comment

• I was wrong about CC.SD as a prospect. I predicted a much better posted would emerge from Charger Cohen.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I think the hard part of evaluating safeties is we try to evaluate them from a tv angle.

It's very difficult evaluating DBs from the TV angle.
                          Not only that, but it's a very easy collegiate position to play. You run simple coverage schemes and most quarterbacks don't have the arm strength to challenge you deep and keep you honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Not only that, but it's a very easy collegiate position to play. You run simple coverage schemes and most quarterbacks don't have the arm strength to challenge you deep and keep you honest.
                            which is why Reggie Nelson tricked us into thinking he'd be a great safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              I was wrong about CC.SD as a prospect. I predicted a much better posted would emerge from Charger Cohen.
                              Ceiling remains high

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                Ceiling remains high
                                He came from USC, so I don't like his pedigree. Too many skill position busts.

;)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information