• if there were a fantasy draft today

which qb gets taken first?

p. manning
    brees
    rodgers
    brady
    flacco
    rivers

personally, even though i think manning is the best qb in the league, rodgers being almost up there too but 8 years younger would vault him to #1
    P. Manning
    21.43%
    Brees
    7.14%
    Rodgers
    67.86%
    Brady
    0.00%
    Flacco
    0.00%
    Rivers
    3.57%

ignoreeeeeee
    Last edited by gpngc; 09-03-2010, 12:30 AM.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I voted Rivers for longevity purposes, since he would appear to have more elite years left then some of the other top names like Manning or Brady. However, thats with a very long term future in mind...if you asked me who I wanted for the next 3 seasons, it would be Brady. An argument could just as easily be made for Rodgers...in fact, I probably should of voted for him. Dammit. I've been drinking...
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I thought you meant fantasy, like, the game based on stats.

If it's real football, Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the league by far (but you can find a debate in every thread from the past week), is as durable a player we've ever seen, and would give you the best chance to win for the next 5-7 years.

Rodgers or Rivers could play for 12+ more, and both are and will be fantastic players, but neither are in the same class as Manning.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Aaron Rodgers. It's basically a from-here-on-out question.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            I thought you meant fantasy, like, the game based on stats.

If it's real football, Peyton Manning. He's the best QB in the league by far (but you can find a debate in every thread from the past week), is as durable a player we've ever seen, and would give you the best chance to win for the next 5-7 years.

Rodgers or Rivers could play for 12+ more, and both are and will be fantastic players, but neither are in the same class as Manning.
            Within 2-3 years both will be in the same class. Or better.

Comment

1. Rivers
              2. Rodgers
              3. Brees
              4. Manning
              5. Brady
              6. Flacco

Why was Flacco in this poll and not Matt Ryan?

Comment

Rodgers for sure.

Comment

It would still be Peyton. If there was a "fantasy" NFL draft, most teams would be looking to win now, and Manning gives you that plus another 5 years.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Bradford easily

Comment

Manning. Win multiple super bowls in the next 5-7 years, and raise a QB for the future during his last 2 years.
                      I'm a state.

Comment

Philip J Fry Rivers

Then Rodgers in a close second.

Assuming this is a long term question. Why do I pick Rivers over Rodgers you ask? Because they don't have much difference talent wise, and I simply like Rivers more.

Honestly, though, you only need the 5 QB's. Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, Manning Brady. I don't see who else someone could take. Other than Chad Pennington, because, well, Pennington is hella accurate.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information