No announcement yet.

Goodell reduces Roethlisberger's suspension to four games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once is an accident, twice is the start of a trend.

Ben brought this on himself, his arrogant and disruptive off the field actions got him in trouble 2 straight years and frankly he warranted the suspension. Politics aside, Goodell had to make an example of him and to Ben's credit he cleaned up and did more then what was required of him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Once is an accident, twice is the start of a trend.

Ben brought this on himself, his arrogant and disruptive off the field actions got him in trouble 2 straight years and frankly he warranted the suspension. Politics aside, Goodell had to make an example of him and to Ben's credit he cleaned up and did more then what was required of him.
      See, I agree with this. He should be suspended for his dumbassness, not the crime he didn't comitt(allegedlly, I may add). 2 games seems fair if other players are getting off easy for crimes they get commited for.

Comment

what are the steelers doing these days to satisfy big ben's johnson and make sure no more of these rapes or allegations surface?
        the tiger woods route? (none of those hundreds of ho's accused woods of rape).

it's hard to trust women. many are gold diggers, and ben has earned himself a reputation that makes him an easy, and vulnerable target going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          See, I agree with this. He should be suspended for his dumbassness, not the crime he didn't comitt(allegedlly, I may add). 2 games seems fair if other players are getting off easy for crimes they get commited for.
          You need to stop looking at everyone else and just focus solely on Ben's rap sheet so to speak. 2 consecutive offseasons, 2 highly publicized sexual misconduct allegations. That merits his suspension for however many games its going to be, and frankly he's fortunate not to be facing criminal charges so the suspension should be the least of his concern. I get it, Steeler fans want their QB back ASAP well maybe they should direct that sentiment to their idiotic QB who can't seem to treat women with dignity and respect instead treats them as objects.

Goodell is not the bad guy in this scenario and people need to stop making him out to be the dark knight. Ben did this to Ben. Roger was and is just protecting the shield.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

I'd love to see any quote from a judge, because It's complete misconduct for a judge to want to convict someone before a trial.

And if it was so definite and evidence so damning, he'd have been charged. He wasn't because it was his word against hers, and she's not reliable at all. The case would have been a toss up at best because there was no evidence at all.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

You need to stop looking at everyone else and just focus solely on Ben's rap sheet so to speak. 2 consecutive offseasons, 2 highly publicized sexual misconduct allegations. That merits his suspension for however many games its going to be, and frankly he's fortunate not to be facing criminal charges so the suspension should be the least of his concern. I get it, Steeler fans want their QB back ASAP well maybe they should direct that sentiment to their idiotic QB who can't seem to treat women with dignity and respect instead treats them as objects.

Goodell is not the bad guy in this scenario and people need to stop making him out to be the dark knight. Ben did this to Ben. Roger was and is just protecting the shield.
              But with Rodger wanting to be consistant, he sure isn't. Yeah it's all Ben's fault. Everyone agrees with that. All I'm saying is that if Rodger wants to be consistant and go by the double standard rule, he needs to start doing it. Not just giving other player's slaps on the wrist. Hopefully this will open up Ben's eyes and he'll learn his lesson and never do this again, but you never know. If it was Ray Lewis, I'd be doing the same thing. It's just not a Steeler thing if anyone is going to accuse me for that.

Comment

I'm glad he kept it at 4 game, 3 and he would have been back for the Ravens game

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Dennis Dixon likes this.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    Dennis Dixon likes this.
                    He should be liking Leftwich going down more.

Comment

But with Rodger wanting to be consistant, he sure isn't. Yeah it's all Ben's fault. Everyone agrees with that. All I'm saying is that if Rodger wants to be consistant and go by the double standard rule, he needs to start doing it. Not just giving other player's slaps on the wrist. Hopefully this will open up Ben's eyes and he'll learn his lesson and never do this again, but you never know. If it was Ray Lewis, I'd be doing the same thing. It's just not a Steeler thing if anyone is going to accuse me for that.
                      First I wasn't saying you were being a "homer", I was merely stating that Steeler fans need to channel any negative feelings onto Ben so he realizes he needs to grow up.

Secondly, Goodell can't be consist in these suspensions because he is taking every infraction on a case by case basis. That being being said, Ben's file has more paper so naturally he's not going to get a slap on the wrist with this being his 2nd time.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

First I wasn't saying you were being a "homer", I was merely stating that Steeler fans need to channel any negative feelings onto Ben so he realizes he needs to grow up.

Secondly, Goodell can't be consist in these suspensions because he is taking every infraction on a case by case basis. That being being said, Ben's file has more paper so naturally he's not going to get a slap on the wrist with this being his 2nd time.
                        I know you didn't call me a homer, but I know some people will start claiming me to be a homer because I think the suspension is ********.

Comment

I ******* hate Goodell. If Roethlisberger had a darker skin tone he'd be out for the season.

RIP ST

Comment

I know you didn't call me a homer, but I know some people will start claiming me to be a homer because I think the suspension is ********.

Well of course, he's on your team and this frankly could ruin your teams whole season.

Just as my being in favor of the suspension could be used against me seeing as its a star player on my team's biggest rival.

Frankly I feel Roger, while being a bit heavy handed at times, is cleaning up the image of the league and not letting the players run rampant with indiscretions. They need to realize that while they're fame and popularity can keep them from the letter of the legal system, its not going to slide in their own house.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

The only reason ben got suspended was cause of the massive media coverage. If all the other guys would have gotten near the attention they'd be suspended too.

Sex sells, and ESPN sold Goodell on a suspension.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                                I ******* hate Goodell. If Roethlisberger had a darker skin tone he'd be out for the season.
                                I'm actually shocked it took to the 2nd page before racism was brought up. Its a sad state of affairs that this train is never late.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information