Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by 21ST View Post
    It is the titants wanting Haynesworth not the other way around
    Then why hasn't a deal been made?

    I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

    If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

    In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

    That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Then why hasn't a deal been made?

      I'd say at most the desire for the Titans' to bring Haynesworth back is equal to the Redskins' desire to trade him. Or else a deal would've been made considering this is supposedly the 2nd time in about 5 months that trade talks have opened up between the two teams.

      If the Titans really wanted to bring him back, it would've happened. There's no doubt they would like him back, and I'm not saying they don't. But it seems there's a stalemate between the Titans wanting him back but not wanting him so much they'd give up two measly midround draft picks and the Redkins wanting to trade him but not wanting to give him up for nothing.

      In my opinion, after you consider the low compensation asking price for a premier player, the discounted contract with several years left for a premier player, and the fact that the Titans have an extensive history with the player that's fairly positive, yet the organization still won't make the trade, speaks more towards the Titans not wanting to bring him back as much as the Redskins want to get rid of him (Or in the least, a sign that the Titans' interest is fairly small. May not even say that much about the Redskins, aside that it's still a stalemate.). I can't say either side has leverage over one another though.

      That's just my perspective as a Titans fan though. I'm sure your perspective culd be much different being a Redskins fan.
      They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it
      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

      Comment


      • #78
        I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by 21ST View Post
          They didnt trade him because there is a set price and the titants didnt meet it
          There's no such thing as a "set price" in when it comes to a one team market, and even if that were true, it does nothing to support your point that it's the Titans wanting Haynesworth and not the Redskins (or Deadskins, if you'd prefer to continue the "Titants" thing) wanting to trade him. Especially when the report says that it's the Redskins gauging the Titans' interest, and not the other way around.

          This is probably how the talks have gone:



          It's just a matter of if the Skins are willing to swallow their pride, cut their losses, and decrease their demands or if they decide to go the stubborn route and choose to just keep the guy who'll never give anything more than minimal effort on gameday. I'm sure Skins fans say the Redskins hold all the cards since they have the player and can just choose to keep him if the Titans don't offer what they want, but if keeping him won't bear much fruit and he's pretty much said he's gonna do what he wants to the point of already stating he'll take the next training camp off, the option of keeping him doesn't have as much value.

          Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          I think the Titans are stupid if they don't trade for him. Him giving 75% effort as a rotational player in that scheme easily makes them a top 5 defense again.
          I've heard the Redskins are asking for as high as a 2nd RD pick. If that's the case, then I think most can understand why a trade hasn't occurred yet. The Titans reportedly countered with a 4th RD pick. Hopefully they both compromise for a 3rd RD'er, which is the compensation the Titans got for losing AH in Free Agency.

          I went as far as to say I'd have been fine with trading our 1st RD'er to get Haynesworth back prior to this last draft. Given, I had no clue Derrick Morgan (My biggest fantasy crush for the Titans) would have fallen to their pick, but it shows how big of proponent of bringing back Haynesworth I am.

          Nevertheless, the Titans are pretty well off at DT with Tony Brown and Jason Jones, with Sen'Derrick Marks entering his sophomore season to back them up along with Jovan Haye. Fisher isn't going to make the trade unless it's the right price.

          I think Draft picks are over-valued by most people, so I'd be content with practically anything, lol. Rather have Haynesworth than a lottery ticket.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • #80
            Id give up a 3rd this year and pick next year for this guy still. Wouldnt it be great if Al pulled off another trade like last year for Seymour and get Haynesworth this year?


            "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

            Comment


            • #81
              Assuming Haynesworth isn't looking for another payday, getting him for a 2nd or 3rd is pretty much cake. You don't owe the guy any guaranteed money if he doesn't perform for you and it's totally worth the risk considering the potential payoff.

              Comment


              • #82
                Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                  Looks like Laurence Maroney has been shipped to the Broncos according to sources..
                  Good riddance

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Yeah I can understand, seems banged up alot and even Fred Taylor looks twice the back Maroney is..and it won't really affect that offense too much considering they use 2 or 3 backs.
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                    Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now


                      "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        Any decent OT or C's out there that are on the trade block? Raiders need to find some now
                        Jason Spitz for Michael Bush?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          WIllis McGahee was on the trading block this off season. IDK If he is anymore, Id expect GB To call for him

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            ^
                            One would think that A.J. Hawk could fetch them a RB.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

                              As for Oakland we really need some o line help lol.. :(
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                              Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                                I mean Brandon Jackson is pretty solid but they should have went Jahvid Best at the end of round 1, hed be a great complement to Jackson and Grant.

                                As for Oakland we really need some o line help lol.. :(
                                Why not go after Logan Mankins? the Pats like to stockpile picks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information