P.Manning vs M.Vick vs J.Elway..Most talented Prospect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.Manning vs M.Vick vs J.Elway..Most talented Prospect

I know we had a discussion last week with Vick vs Palmer and Micheal Vick pretty much won in a landslide but now I'm looking to raise the bar. Now, you know the rules, careers cannot be taken into account because that would take oout all of the fun. This is from a pure prospect perspective. All three players were taken #1 in their respective drafts. Elway 1983, Manning in 1998 and Vick in 2001. If your are a GM which QB do you take #1 overall? Remember careers are not taken into account.

Elway. Mixture of the other two. Although 99% of this board was not following the draft in 83. Including me.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Elway. Look at the QBs that went after him in that draft. Those were all highly touted guys (not guys that were OK prospects and just churned out good careers), and Elway dwarfed them all as a prospect. He had everything going for him.

Comment

Vick, then Elway, then Manning.

Vick was a dominant college player even at a young age, and had as much(or more?) throwing potential as either guy, but Elway really isn't that close in terms of running ability, contrary to what people seem to think right now.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I hate that horse toothed mother ******, but John Elway is the gold standard as a prospect

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Vick was a dominant college player even at a young age, and had as much(or more?) throwing potential as either guy, but Elway really isn't that close in terms of running ability, contrary to what people seem to think right now.
            Elway was a functional runner as a throw-first QB.

But compared to Vick? Not even close.

Vick was a transcendant prospect, but Elway was the elite of the elite.

Manning trails here because there were and still are questions about his ability to play tough in big games.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Of course it isn't close in running ability, Cunningham wasn't close to Vicks running ability. Lots of RBs and WRs don't have Vicks running ability.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                Of course it isn't close in running ability, Cunningham wasn't close to Vicks running ability. Lots of RBs and WRs don't have Vicks running ability.
                Evidently, you've never seen Cunningham play

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  Yeah, I have but it still wasn't close. Have you forgotten what Vick could do with the football in his hands?? I think his Eagles yrs are blocking your memory.

Comment

I understand your sentiment, but his statement is correct. And that's not a slight towards Cunningham at all... Just exactly how good Vick was/is.

Randall Cunningham's a black man!

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                      Yeah, I have but it still wasn't close. Have you forgotten what Vick could do with the football in his hands?? I think his Eagles yrs are blocking your memory.
                      Buddy Ryan's offense was predicated almost entirely on Cunningham's legs.

He had 942 yards in a season and almost 5,000 yards and 35 TDs in his career as a runner.

I don't see how it wasn't close.

Is Vick better in that department? Sure. But not close? I don't see it.

Comment

Vick
                        Elway

Peyton

Comment

Buddy Ryan's offense was predicated almost entirely on Cunningham's legs.

He had 942 yards in a season and almost 5,000 yards and 35 TDs in his career as a runner.

I don't see how it wasn't close.

Is Vick better in that department? Sure. But not close? I don't see it.
                          You kinda made the point for us. Randall Cunningham could throw for almost 5,000 yards... Teams couldn't gameplan for him to run the ball because he was so good in the passing department.

Cunningham was an amazing runner. There's no doubt about that.

But Vick was way better. Way better.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            You kinda made the point for us. Randall Cunningham could throw for almost 5,000 yards... Teams couldn't gameplan for him to run the ball because he was so good in the passing department.

Cunningham was an amazing runner. There's no doubt about that.

But Vick was way better. Way better.
                            The 5,000 yards and 35 TDs were his career... he rushed for 4,928 yards and 35 TDs in his career.

The year he ran for 942, he was 10th in the NFL.

Comment

The 5,000 yards and 35 TDs were his career... he rushed for 4,928 yards and 35 TDs in his career.

The year he ran for 942, he was 10th in the NFL.
                              And Vick almost has 4,000 in 6 seasons with the Falcons with his last season being 1,039 yards. And he missed 11 games one year.

I'm hearing you, but its not close to me. As my first post said, a good bit of RBs and WRs are not able to run like Vick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information