NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
    You take Deion and Rod on your team. I'll man up with Mike Haynes and Mel Blount.

Too bad ESPN wasn't around in the 1970s.
    The homer in me would probably take a Rod and Mel led tandem. Both physical and shut down corners.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• I gotta say, lists giving Namath love make me sick. Unless maybe the list is entitled "media's favorite athletes" or "most overrated athletes." Joe Namath was not a good quarterback. That's all there is to it.

...and Deion came off as a huge douchebag, while Woodson came off as all class.

anytime he got a pick or a punt return it was almost housed every single time.
      Hyperbolize much? Cribbs has better averages. Does anyone say stupid crap about him like he "almost houses it every single time?" Or Hester? His return numbers are better, too.

Or even Danieal Manning, albeit he's only returned kicks. When someone that non-Bears fans say "who?" to averages more yards per return than you, you don't "almost house it every time."
      Last edited by Monomach; 10-15-2010, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Deion would be around the mid 20s if I was making a list. He's slightly lower than I expected but its not a great injustice. What is far worse is how guys like Larry Wilson, Ken Houston and Steve Largent don't look like making the Top 100 while others are vastly overrated like Terry Bradshaw at #50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
          Hyperbolize much? Cribbs has better averages. Does anyone say stupid crap about him like he "almost houses it every single time?" Or Hester? His return numbers are better, too.

Yes I was overreacting dude, figured that much was obvious. And yea, sure, let's talk about Cribbs and Hester because you know, their also elite cover CB's that shut down any and every WR they face and shut down one side of the field.

Great comparison right there. Compare him to return men who are average at best at their actual positions.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Hey, that one Browns fan thinks Cribbs is going to the HOF...

Comment

BigBanger, you need to check out Bradshaw's stats in those SB wins. He played out of his mind.
              Bradshaw is the most criminally underrated player on this entire message board. The only quarterback from the 1970s who was better was Staubach and guess what? He's regarded as one of the best QBs of all-time, and might be #1 if his career wouldn't have started so late due to fighting in Vietnam.

The 1970s was dominated by Staubach, Bradshaw, and Stabler, and they were all great at what they did. It wasn't the tooty-fruity, fantasy football, basketball on grass era it is today. Passing the football was not an easy proposition.
              Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Agreed, yourfavestoner.

People around here talk about Bradshaw like he Trent Dilfer-ed his way into the HOF, ( bum QB coasting on the coattails of a stellar D).

Comment

Agreed, yourfavestoner.

People around here talk about Bradshaw like he Trent Dilfer-ed his way into the HOF, ( bum QB coasting on the coattails of a stellar D).
                  I remember there being a thread on here a few years back that McNabb was a better qb than Elway because he had better numbers at a similar point in their careers. And they both lost in big games, so the numbers swung the argument in McNabb's favor.

This board is criminally stupid at times.
                  Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• My prediction for the top 5...

1. Jim Brown
                    2. Rice
                    3. Montana
                    4. LT
                    5. Unitas

Comment

• I'm hoping LT makes the top 5. He should be the highest ranked defender on this list for sure.

Comment

You take Deion and Rod on your team. I'll man up with Mike Haynes and Mel Blount.

Too bad ESPN wasn't around in the 1970s.
                        Deion and Rod could play now and back then in 70s, Mel blount can't unless he moves to safety.

IDC anyways this top 100 list favors old players
                        Last edited by Complex; 10-15-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Deion's rantings about being so low was so funny.

Rice has to be number 1. He was just so much better then anyone else at wr. No one has come close to his numbers despite the league being way more pass friendly now then when he played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                            Deion and Rod could play now and back then in 70s, Mel blount can't unless he moves to safety.

IDC anyways this top 100 list favors old players
                            Lol, Deion would get absolutely murdered in a run-dominant era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              I'm tired of people elevating these players from the 50s and 60s. In basketball and football. Unless you are 60-70 years old then you have no business talking about Jim Brown. Who did he play? How many teams were there? What was the talent level across the league? I have no clue, but if I had to guess he was probably the only real athlete in the whole league at the time. My hatred of old timers isn't limited though, I feel the same way about Wilt, Oscar Robertson and Babe Ruth. Basically all the so-called sacred cows don't mean anything to me. I don't adhere to the unquestioned law that one must rank so and so #1 with no critical thought.

I bet Steven Jackson would have put up 20,000 career yards in the 1960s NFL.
                              And I'm better at science than Aristotle. But there's a time and a place for everything.

**** dude, I expect these kind of comments from random posters, not you.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Does anyone have a link to watch NFL Network online? If so, PM me. :)

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information