No announcement yet.

NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning only has 5 30 TD seasons? It seems like it would be way higher.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      Manning only has 5 30 TD seasons? It seems like it would be way higher.
      Manning has seasons of 29, 28, two with 27 and three with 26. He has never thrown for less than 26 TDs in a season.

In 2008 Manning had 28 TD passes after 14 games - but only had 14 attempts with 0 TDs in the last 2 games before we had Sorgi time.

Comment

• Predicted Top 20:

QB: Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh, Otto Graham, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre
        WR: Jerry Rice, Don Hutson
        RB: Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders
        FB: Bronko Nagurski
        OL: Anthony Munoz

DL: Reggie White, Joe Greene, Deacon Jones
        LB: Lawrence Taylor, Ray Lewis, Richard Butkus
        DB: Ronnie Lott

Comment

• I'll take Brady and Elway over Peyton Manning all day long and for me it's not close and Brett Favre this high is just ******* stupid. Better than Brady, Elway, Marino? Seriously?

I was also surprised at Sayers being #22. It's not that he wasn't good... fantastic for the 68 games he played and the best rookie season of all time, but I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            I'll take Brady and Elway over Peyton Manning all day long and for me it's not close and Brett Favre this high is just ******* stupid. Better than Brady, Elway, Marino? Seriously?

I was also surprised at Sayers being #22. It's not that he wasn't good... fantastic for the 68 games he played and the best rookie season of all time, but I dunno.
            I basically agree with everything said here.

I don't really care about stats at all, late in the 4th quarter of the superbowl I want Brady, not Manning, and it's not even close.

Manning is SO overrated its bad.

Comment

• I just can't take Brady over Elway. Favre & Manning that high is too much for me also. End of the game I want Elway to have the ball.

Gale Sayers is just something that I accept that I don't completely understand. I know he was amazing but damn. Even though he had such a short career, the effect that he had can still be seen. He was just something that had never been seen in that time.

Am I the only one that is a little surprised to see Ray Lewis this high? I love it but I thought he would go earlier than this. He is going to be the 2nd best middle LB.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                Postseason numbers:

Manning:
                18 games (9-9)
                435-692
                62.9%
                5,164 yds
                28 TDs
                19 INTs
                7.46 ypa
                87.6 QB rating
                1-1 Super Bowl record (1 MVP)

Brady:
                18 games (14-4)
                395-637
                62.0%
                4,108 yds
                28 TDs
                15 INTs
                6.45 ypa
                85.5 QB rating
                3-1 Super Bowl record (2 MVP)

You mean Peyton plays better in the post season, while running laps around Brady in the regular season? The Manning haters sure are gonna hate this post.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Peyton Manning is behind only Jerry Rice and Barry Sanders for me. The last couple years have catapulted him into the greatest QB of all-time in my book. When all is said and done, another ring is still very possible with such parity, he could be #1.

The past 4 years or so, Peyton has been getting it done in the post season.

Brett Favre has no business being ahead of Deion Sanders and many others. Most INTs of any QB, but "OH MY GOD, ITS BRETT FAVRE'S ****!!!!!! I LUV ITTTTTT!!!!!!"
                  I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                  Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                  I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                  Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                  I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                  Originally posted by GoRavens
                  Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Just spent the last half hour LMAO at the Dallas fans getting their panties in a twist on the discussion page at NFL.com because Emmitt was ranked #28 and Barry Sanders is guaranteed to be in the Top 20. Some of the comments are simply hilarious or ridiculous depending on your mood. I know Walter's site ridicules a selection of the NFL's Gamecenter comments on a weekly basis and I'm beginning to think you need to prove you have an IQ lower than Ryan Leaf's QB rating to be allowed to post on nfl.com. Its actually embarrassing and really makes you appreciate the intelligent discussion we have here on Scott's site amongst so many knowledgable fans.

Thankfully the voting panel got that one spot on and I hope Barry can break into the Top 10 overall though I suspect he'll just miss out. Sayers will be ranked 4th at RB with Emmitt 5th, OJ 6th, Dickerson 7th, Campbell 8th, Tomlinson 9th and Faulk 10th.

I know Thorpe and Grange are there in the Top 50 overall but its virtually impossible to compare them with players from post WW2 era. The only surviving footage of Thorpe in the NFL is of him punting. I'd also consider Grange more of a college great than NFL legend. In fact I'm certain their ranking is based on the massive impact they provided to a struggling league in the 1920s and giving it the early credibility it so desperately needed. Without the likes of Thorpe and Grange the NFL might not have survived that difficult first decade which culminated with the Great Depression. Nagurski looks like he'll be a Top 20 selection but again its so difficult to compare and Bronko also played on the Defensive LIne.
                    Last edited by boknows34; 10-22-2010, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Is it just me or should cris carter be somewhere on this list.

Cris Carter
                      Receptions 1,101
                      Receiving yards 13,899
                      Touchdowns 130

Michael Irvin
                      Receptions 750
                      Receiving yards 11,904
                      Touchdowns 65
                      Last edited by Joecool; 10-22-2010, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        You mean Peyton plays better in the post season, while running laps around Brady in the regular season? The Manning haters sure are gonna hate this post.
                        Manning:
                        18 games (9-9)
                        435-692
                        62.9%
                        5,164 yds
                        28 TDs
                        19 INTs
                        7.46 ypa
                        87.6 QB rating
                        1-1 Super Bowl record (1 MVP)

Brady:
                        18 games (14-4)
                        395-637
                        62.0%
                        4,108 yds
                        28 TDs
                        15 INTs
                        6.45 ypa
                        85.5 QB rating
                        3-1 Super Bowl record (2 MVP)

How do you work out that Manning plays better in the postseason than Brady?

It must be the extra .9% completion percentage. It bears no relevance of who he was throwing to all those years or that Brady only had elite weapons for two years in the postseason(4 games). Oh, or it must be the passer rating which is definitely the best way to determine how well a QB plays and is a massive 2.1 points above Brady. Or wait I know it must be all the TDs he's thrown more of than Brady...oh wait, or the fact he's thrown less INTs...oh wait, or it must be he has a better playoff record than Brady...oh wait, or at least he's won more Superbowls than Brady...oh wait, or that he's won more Superbowl MVP awards than Brady...oh wait.

OK you got me. Im stumped, Ive gotta ask. How the hell is Manning better than Brady in the postseason?

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I never said you compared them as being a CB, but you brought up a stupid point. You started talking about guys who you could make an argument for that are better return men like that meant something. Every person you listed made a living as a return man, Deion made a living as a CB and shutting down WR's, he doubled as a return man. What was the point of you bringing up guys who were good at doing 1 thing well in a thread talking about the top 100 players of all time?'

But yea, keep being coy and trying to act like a 12 year older since you "demolish people". I'm sure of it. Seeing as how you mentioned the names of Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester in this thread. That's about as stupid as you saying how good of a receiver Emmitt Smith was and me bringing up Patrick Crayton and David Patten because they were better WR's, I mean look at their stats!

I already told you I was exaggerating with the comment, I didn't think it would be took so seriously that you would be talking about taking stupid pills and demolishing people lol.

You've seemed angry since your first post about Deion anyway, didn't know this was a touchy subject for you.
                          Horsecrap.

YOU are the guy who foolishly jumped on his jock as a return guy. I pointed out that he was not really all that special at returning, despite his reputation. I provided evidence, which you dismissed as "stupid."

You look dumber the more you argue about this.

You can't say that he was a great return man and dismiss those who have been better just because he was a good cornerback (albeit one of the worst tacklers ever). That's the pinnacle of dumbassery.

...and let's not try to pretend that my citing Devin Hester or Josh Cribbs = saying that they belong on this list. That's just going full r-tard.
                          Last edited by Monomach; 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            I brought up those numbers when someone bagged on Manning before the season. I was gangraped by replies of "NUH UH PEYTON SUCK HE SO BAD BIG CHOKER BAD BAD BAD! BRADY BEST EVER MVP BETTER RECORD!"

It must be because Brady was such a great defensive player. If Peyton had just kept the other team from scoring so many points, he wouldn't be a huge choker.

People still ignore statistical evidence in favor of parroting "common knowledge." It's how bad defensive players can win Golden Gloves in baseball year after year.
                            Last edited by Monomach; 10-22-2010, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• If it weren't for Vandershank, Peyton would probably have 2 rings. Brady never had to worry about that. Also, I'm wondering when the "what have you done for me lately?" is finally going to apply to Brady. He won a lot earlier in his career when he had a dominant defense and hasn't been able to get a ring since.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• This is the thing, while the Patriots had a very good defense at the early part of the decade it was not that dominant. Very good, not dominant. It was no 2000 Ravens defense etc but it got the job done. For example in 2004, after a great display against Indy they gave up 27 to Pitt and 21 to Philly. They also gave up 29 to Carolina in the SB in 2003. So while it was way better than what there is now in NE it wasn't as though they were winning games 6-3. Because Brady hasn't won a SB since 2004 everyone assumes he only got by because the defense was awesome. But realistically it was just very good. Indianapolis has, I think, the best statistical season for pass defense in the history of the NFL but yet Peyton Manning is always given the credit for carrying his team.

And as for the point of Manning being a Vanderjagt miss away from having two rings, Brady is a second half defensive meltdown and a miracle catch away from 5 rings

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information