NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
    There is more to a player than winning. Is Charles Haley the best playoff player of all time? Other things come into it. There are reasons that Tom Brady has lost only 4 times and Peyton Manning has lost 9 times and not all of those reasons have anything to do with either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
    How many complete meltdowns did Manning have though? We're talking about the best of all time here. Manning shouldn't be excused from his playoff blunders.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post
      In this thread, we pretend that when a team loses in the playoffs, it's the quarterback's fault.

So basically, Dan Marino is a piece of under-.500 garbage.
      Well the quarterback also gets the glory when the team wins it all in the playoffs a lot of the time. It goes hand and hand.

Comment

• Cris Carter!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joecool View Post
          Cris Carter!!!!!!!!
          Looks like he's not going to be on the list. Along with others like Warren Moon and Warren Sapp. Not having Carter is a crime though. Namath makes the list, but Carter doesn't. Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
            Looks like he's not going to be on the list. Along with others like Warren Moon and Warren Sapp. Not having Carter is a crime though. Namath makes the list, but Carter doesn't. Hmm...

Steve Largent should be there too. He retired #1 all-time for receptions, yards and TD catches and was also a 1st ballot HOFer. Largent was the 1st receiver to 100 TD catches breaking Don Hutson's record which had stood for 50 years. I'd definitely have him there over Crazy Legs Hirsch.

Larry Wilson and Ken Houston were the safetys on the 75th Anniversary All-Time team. How did they not make the Top 100?

Sapp was a guy who I thought would make the Top 100 but its not a massive snub. Warren Moon is outside The Top 100 imo. If Buffalo had won just one of their 4 Super Bowl apperances (Norwood's miss in SB 25 being the obvbious one) I think Jim Kelly would be there.

Comment

• Yes Steve Largent should be there as well. Ken Houston too. Yet Ed Reed makes it over Houston.

Comment

• did Warner make the list?

Ed Reed is very arguably the greatest FS ever

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  did Warner make the list?

Ed Reed is very arguably the greatest FS ever
                  Kurt Warner made the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    WOW carter was just stupid good! I would have carter over irvin no question.

Comment

• It's not the bottom 100 players, Thumper.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                        2001-2003 Damien Woody
                        2003-Now Dan Koppen

Both Pro Bowlers

Brady has always had Matt Light, also a Pro Bowler.

What I meant is that half of the time Brady is in the Playoffs he has had a person on his line who was in the Pro Bowl that year.

There are 10 Quarterbacks in NFL history with more Superbowl wins than Peyton Manning. Anyone going to claim that they are all better than him? Superbowl victories are a key statistic but they are not the only key statistic.
                        I guess it depends on what game it is, week 6 in the regular season, im probably taking Manning. 1 playoff game to win? Im probably not taking Manning. Im not sure if he makes my top 10.

For as great as Manning is, he shits the bed in the playoffs far to much compared to other hall of fame qb's for me to have confidence in him to get 1 game won. Its not even he plays bad through out the game, it just seems in big games, especially in the 3rd or 4th quarter through out his career he shits the bed.

He is the Wilt Chamberlain of the NFL. Yeah, you can make the case that he is worlds apart of everyone else especially when you look at his regular season work. Then, in the playoffs especially if he has to play outside in the cold or moderate wheather he just turns into something else.

So no, if he does make my top 10, he is toward the bottom for a game that matters. He would probably move up slightly if its indoors. But he probably falls out of my top 10, if its outdoors and probably out of the top 12-15 if its cold outdoors.

Take a look at all the first round picks the Colts picks around Manning throughout his career. I would say 80%+ of the first round picks were offensive players, so please dont act as if Manning turns all these scrubs into allpros. Manning has had elite offensive talent his entire career. You can make the case he has played with 5 hall of famers on offense. Not counting the year he had with Marshal Faulk.

Brady has 1, Moss and he had him for what like 2.3 years or something. Brady was the real player making scrubs look decent TBH. The year they beat Carolina they had one of the worst running games for a team ever to win a Super Bowl statistically. No all pro WR.

In terms of the top 100...

The list is a Joke. I personally believe Elway is one of the few that put teams on his back. A couple of those SB teams that went, didnt even have thousand yard rushers or recievers. To put Brady ahead of his is surprising and sad at the same time.

I cant believe Sayers finished ahead of him either. Wow.

Manning being ahead of all of them is kinda a joke to me. Maybe for the regular season, and indoors. WOW!

Chris Carter being ahead of Elway is a joke as well. WOW. Whatever, this list kinda sucked from the start. Now it really sucks.
                        Last edited by elway=goat; 10-23-2010, 10:00 AM.
                        bill belichick quote:
                        stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

• Originally posted by elway=goat View Post
                          In terms of the top 100...

The list is a Joke. I personally believe Elway is one of the few that put teams on his back. A couple of those SB teams that went, didnt even have thousand yard rushers or recievers. To put Brady ahead of his is surprising and sad at the same time.

I cant believe Sayers finished ahead of him either. Wow.

Manning being ahead of all of them is kinda a joke to me. Maybe for the regular season, and indoors. WOW!

Chris Carter being ahead of Elway is a joke as well. WOW. Whatever, this list kinda sucked from the start. Now it really sucks.

Cris Carter is not making the Top 20 so he won't be ahead of Elway. The only WRs left will be Rice and Hutson.

Comment

• In Manning's defence the Colts were 3-13 and their offense ranked 20th out of 30 teams the year before he was drafted. Marshall Faulk was a 4th year vet with 1,500 yds from scrimmage and 8 TDs that season. Marvin Harrison didn't turn into Marvin Harrison until his 4th season and Manning's 2nd season.

Harrison in his first two seasons went:
                            64-836-8
                            73-866-6

Season 3 with Manning as a rookie:
                            59-776-7 (in 12 games)

Seasons 4-7
                            115-1663-12
                            102-1413-14
                            109-1524-15
                            143-1722-11

How much of that improvement was down to Harrison and how much to having Manning take a big leap from his 2nd season onwards?

Even Faulk saw a big jump in his numbers in the one season he had with Manning - which was his 5th in the NFL.

Rushing:
                            1,282-11 (4.1ypc)
                            1,078-11 (3.7ypc)
                            587-11 (3.0 ypc) - 13 games
                            1,054-7 (4.0 ypc)
                            1,319-6- Manning's rookie year

Receiving
                            52-522-1
                            56-475-3
                            56-428-0
                            47-471-1
                            86-908-4 - Manning's rookie year

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                              I know comparing him and manning is dumb, If Marino had these rules and the colts WRs and EJ, he would of won a superbowl or 2.
                              If you're going to make up some stupid arbitrary number of super bowl wins, why stop at 2? Why not say 15 while you're at it. It's a two way street with WR and a QB. You're acting like the wide receivers made Manning what he is today. Also when did draft position play any role with how great a player is going to become. If that were the case, the raiders would be a playoff team by now with how high they're constantly picking in the draft. Manning does play a role in how productive his wide receivers are. There is no way Collie would become half as productive as he is if he were on the Raiders. Manning played a role in his development and helped him tap into his potential.

With the playoffs, unless Marino has at least a decent defense, he's not getting far in the playoffs. It's not just because the competition is tougher is in the playoffs, it's the weather also. As much as you want to believe that it's easy to chuck a football around, the rain and snow makes it harder.

I really don't understand why people can't understand they're seeing one of the greatest football players ever right now in Manning. It's the same thing with Barry Bonds. Such a high level of consistent excellence and people just don't appreciate what they're seeing.

Comment

• Brady over Elway is debatable.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information