NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I don't know if we can't get physically bigger than today's game.* It may end up being like Baseball, when they root out the PED and everyone's size returns to "natural" levels.

* "Mario Williams is a chump, a 290-lbs DE that ran a 4.7, pst.. Steve Jones is 330-lbs and ran a 4.3!"
    There will always be ways to beat the system. You can't get rid of PEDs. Especially in football.

Guys in the 70s used steroids and they still weren't as big as today's players. So its not just PEDs thats making athletes bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
      WHAT!?!?!?
      Honestly I think it's hit or miss.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        Greg Carr was the quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals when Paul Brown was running their offense. According to Walsh, he was the most physically talented quarterback he's ever worked with and felt he was going to be an absolute stud and he was... for one year.

Unfortunately, the guy tore his rotator cuff and in those days, they had no idea what to do about it, so what did they do? Had him throw his arm back in shape, which only served to further destroy his shoulder and end his career.

The result was Bill Walsh forced to try to make a functioning offense around former BYU quarterck, Oliver Carter. Carter was smart, mobile, and relatively accurate, but he had a weak arm and the Bengals couldn't protect him. So, he developed the Walsh offense (he hated the name West Coast) which focused on quick throws, timing, and taking advantage of all 53 1/3 yards of the field's width.

So, if Greg Carr never tears his rotator cuff, does the Walsh offense ever get created? Or would someone else have come up with it? No way to know, but an interesting thing to think about
        You mean Greg Cook.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          There will always be ways to beat the system. You can't get rid of PEDs. Especially in football.

Guys in the 70s used steroids and they still weren't as big as today's players. So its not just PEDs thats making athletes bigger.

Yeah, I know. But it just cannot be biologically possible to get much bigger, faster, stronger than today's game. For example, they said that obesity levels have flat lined because, well we can't get any bigger as humans. LOL

Comment

Yeah, I know. But it just cannot be biologically possible to get much bigger, faster, stronger than today's game. For example, they said that obesity levels have flat lined because, well we can't get any bigger as humans. LOL
            hahaha, good to know we're as fat as possible.

But then again, they just came out with the double down from KFC, so maybe we'll take obesity to new levels in a couple of years.

Comment

I saw the grilled cheeseburger the other day! It is a cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches instead of buns....

hmmmmmm obesity...

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                Fast forward to the year 2040 where the next generation of sports fans think that the greats of our era would get destroyed in the leagues of the future. Hell, it's already starting. I know tons of kids who think Kobe is better than MJ because MJ allegedly played against worse players. That's right, the 1990s, an era in which basketball was much, much better than it is right now, was full of weak players that MJ dominated. This is something I've actually heard from someone. 30 years from now, we'll tell them what they're saying isn't true and we'll be called old farts overrating past greats because of our delusional nostalgia.
                The funniest part is, we saw Kobe as a bench player in the 90's
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I don't know which kids you're talking about, but everyone I know from age-7 on up thinks Michael Jordan is some sort of demigod. I haven't talked to anyone who seriously thinks Kobe Bryant is better.

Comment

I saw the grilled cheeseburger the other day! It is a cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches instead of buns....

hmmmmmm obesity...

The Chuck Norris burger, two 1 pound patties with a grilled cheese sandwich in the middle.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I've heard kids say Kobe is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        You mean Greg Cook.
                        Brain fart. Thanks for the correction.

Shiver, seriously? You might want to grab a bigger shovel.

Jim Brown retired in his prime. You really don't think he would have dominated for another year, since the Superbowl for the 1966 season was played in January of 1967.

In 1965, he had 289 carries for 1,544 yards (5.3 yards per carry and 110.3 per game), 17 TDs and another 328 yards receiving plus 4 more TDs.

Comment

i'm just upset because Strahan would be great in every era. He was quick enough to be an outstanding sack guy, but strong enough to be just as good against the run. I'm still a little peeved he's so low.
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            i'm just upset because Strahan would be great in every era. He was quick enough to be an outstanding sack guy, but strong enough to be just as good against the run. I'm still a little peeved he's so low.
                            I think Strahan was underappreciated in his time and there are people who wouldn't have been pissed if he wasn't on the list at all.

I think you might feel better if you compare Strahan to the other DEnds on the list... being ahead of a monster like Lee Roy Selmon is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              I've heard kids say Kobe is better.
                              Yeah I heard a kid say the exact argument I posted, that the league MJ played in was worse than the one Kobe plays in now. He's a senior in high school. Shiver, you're lucky to not have to put up with that crowd, lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

When Laker fans say Kobe is better, it makes me want to punch them in the face.

There is not a single part of Kobe's game that is better than Michael's. Kobe is basically a poor man's Michael. Kobe developed a dangerous jump shot earlier in his career than Michael did, but the size and strength of MJ's hands allowed him to get to the rim on a more consistent basis than Kobe (in a much more physical, hand-checking, defensive-oriented era no less). MJ also had much more natural athleticism in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information