46. Roger Staubach
    45. Tony Gonzalez
    44. Mel Blount
    43. Alan Page
    42. John Mackey
    41. Rod Woodson

Comment

• 40 names still to come:

I'll start who I think will be candidates on offense.

QB: Joe Montana*, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas*, Otto Graham*, Sammy Baugh*, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, John Elway.

RB: Jim Brown*, Walter Payton*, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers*, Emmitt Smith, OJ Simpson*, Bronko Nagurski*.

WR: Jerry Rice*, Don Hutson*, Lance Alworth*, Raymond Berry*.

TE: none

OL: Anthony Munoz*, John Hannah*, Jim Parker*, Roosevelt Brown*.

..and the defense

DL: Reggie White*, Deacon Jones*, Mean Joe Greene*, Merlin Olsen*, Bob Lilly*, Gino Marchetti*, Buck Buchanon.

LB: Lawrence Taylor*, Dick Butkus*, Jack Lambert*, Ray Lewis, Chuck Bednarik.

DB: Ronnie Lott*, Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane*, Larry Wilson*, Ken Houston*.

* = the 30 remaining players (offense and defense) from the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

Assuming these 30 make it (though OJ Simpson might be dropped) that leaves 10 spots (11 if OJ gets the boot). Marino, Manning, Brady, Favre, Elway, Sanders, Emmitt, Lewis and Deion make up 9 locks imo.

The last spots I see being a battle between Buchanon, Bednarik or maybe some old-timers like Sid Luckman and Bill George. I thought Steve Largent would make the Top 100 but its looking like he might miss out. Luckman, Largent and George were among the Top 50 of TSN's 100 Greatest Ever list from a decade ago- Bednarik was 54th, Buchanon 67th.

Comment

• Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
        45. Tony Gonzalez
        GOAT!!!!!!

Comment

• Can't believe they're seriously gonna leave Steve Largent off the list.
          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• Gale Sayers over Dickerson? Come on now!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
              Gale Sayers over Dickerson? Come on now!
              Are you ******* kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by katnip View Post
                Holy **** at Larry Allen benching 692 pounds. I knew lineman were strong, but damn.
                To be fair he really couldn't bench that...if you watch his benching videos he both gets help on his lifts by ferociously incorrect spotting and also bounces the bar off his chest majorly..this is from memory as i haven't watched one in a while but i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't lock out either...don't take it the wrong way the guy was an absolute BEAST but the strength numbers the media always talks about with him are total BS.

Comment

• I just really hope that Barry is at least ten spots over Emmitt.
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Emmitt isn't even a top 5 RB all time, ya I said.

Comment

• The fact that Bradshaw is ahead of almost all of those people is disheartening. Once I saw he didn't make the 100-91 list, I didn't think he would be on it. Wow.

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                      I just really hope that Barry is at least ten spots over Emmitt.
                      Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      Emmitt isn't even a top 5 RB all time, ya I said.
                      Emmitt in the 25-30 range, Barry in the 4-7 range please. Thanks.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• The whole list sucks

LT(RB) over Randy Moss and Marshal Faulk

Terry Bradshaw and Joe Nameth on the list well bradshaw should be somewhere in the 90s maybe

so much more I'll edit this later

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post

Emmitt in the 25-30 range, Barry in the 4-7 range please. Thanks.
                          The preview for next week's show had Michael Irvin and Jerry Jones giving presentations. I have a feeling Emmitt and Deion will be on next week.

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                          I just really hope that Barry is at least ten spots over Emmitt.
                          TSN's '100 Greatest Ever' from a decade ago had Barry at #12 and Emmitt at #68.

Comment

• I was right. Deion is on tonight's show (9pm EST) and he's furious and 'appalled' at being ranked 34th.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e=HP_headlines

He thinks he should be ranked 4th. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                              I was right. Deion is on tonight's show (9pm EST) and he's furious and 'appalled' at being ranked 34th.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...e=HP_headlines

He thinks he should be ranked 4th. LOL
                              That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Bruce Smith is #31. For some reason I had it in my head that Smith was already selected.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bi...00-Bruce-Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information