No announcement yet.

NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course the majority of the QB's are being overrated.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• What is the list?? I'm not able to watch it.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• OJ did get picked. Luckman and Bednarik also got the nod as did Jim Thorpe who I mentioned in a previous comment a few weeks ago but I thought his chance had passed once they went into the Top 40.

40. OJ Simpson
        39. Gino Marchetti
        38. Lance Alworth
        37. Jim Thorpe
        36. Raymond Berry
        35. Chuck Bednarik
        34. Deion Sanders
        33. Sid Luckman
        32. Jim Parker
        31. Bruce Smith

Comment

• 30 names to come.

Deion during his rant mentioned there are 63 offensive players, 37 defensive and 19 QBs in the Top 100. 44 offensive players have been named already leaving 19 more to come.

10 QBs have been named already so there are 9 QBS in the Top 30.

They will almost certainly be Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, Sammy Baugh, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre and John Elway.

That leaves 53 offensive players. This is who I consider will be the other 10.

RB: Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Emmitt Smith, Bronko Nagurski.

WR: Jerry Rice, Don Hutson.

OL: Anthony Munoz, John Hannah.

...26 defensive players have been named leaving 11 more to come. I predict:

DL: Reggie White, Deacon Jones, Mean Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Bob Lilly.

LB: Lawrence Taylor, Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Ray Lewis.

DB: Ronnie Lott, Night Train Lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Are you ******* kidding me?
            Are you kidding? Sayers had 4 great years, Dickerson has 50 more TD's in his career. Not to mention he was a freaking workhorse who carried his offenses. Like it or not, Sayers short career happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.
              Yeah. I accidentally made a thread of this. Absolutely hilarious.

Comment

• I usually hate when athletes gloat and talk about how great they are/were, but I absolutely love Deion Sanders. He was that good and knows it, plus he showed the respect for other players that deserted it and used plenty of logic (i.e. 19 QB's on the list).

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  I usually hate when athletes gloat and talk about how great they are/were, but I absolutely love Deion Sanders. He was that good and knows it, plus he showed the respect for other players that deserted it and used plenty of logic (i.e. 19 QB's on the list).
                  Exactly, he does make a lot of really good points. Offense always gets more pub than defense for some reason. And as a fan of defense, it is frustrating.

I love it when he asked how long the show was. Because he had more highlights than the entire length of the show, so that right there was enough proof he should be higher up.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Seems like both Woodson and Deion should have been higher. As mentioned Woodson was an All-Pro at both CB and Safety and Deion pretty much revolutionalized the position at Corner into what it is today. The way he was able to shut down his side of the field, get INT's when it was thrown to him, and anytime he got a pick or a punt return it was almost housed every single time.

Since when have we seen any player in the secondary period have that kind of affect on the game? I'm curious to know if there are any other safeties or DB's period on this list honestly.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• It looks like Lott and Night Train are the only DBs yet to be selected. Deion and Woodson appear to be 3rd and 4th among DBs.

Comment

• These QBs are vastly overrated. Joe Namath? That is a ******* joke. His media savvy is the only reason why he's on this list. His whole career is all for not. He has one game, and a guarantee, that overrides mediocrity? Oh, and let's not forget him on the bench in a mink coat. Kurt Warner? He played like dog **** for half of his career and looked worse than a backup QB. If he only played about 6 years (and were all 6 of his best years), then I would throw him in the top 100 without hesitation, but half of his ******* career is him playing terrible football and being one of the worst, and I mean worst, starting QBs in the NFL.

Terry Bradshaw's career is defined by one stat... 4-0. That's his SB record. I got another stat or two. How about throwing more INTs than TDs in each of your first 5 seasons? How about a career QB rating of 70.9? How about a career completion percentage of 51.9%? That makes for one of the 50 greatest players? Are ya ******* kidding me?

That's better than Marshall Faulk? LaDainian Tomlinson? Jack Ham? Earl Campbell? Eric Dickerson? Randy Moss? Bruce Matthews? Jonathon Ogden? Ed Reed?

This is supposed to be a list on individual players? Then the number of super bowl rings should not be the be-all-and-end-all of a player (or a QB for that matter) making the top 100. Is Charles Haley going to be in the top 10 because he has 5 rings? He was a better player than a lot of these average ******* QBs. Maybe jacking off in front of teammates and being one of the gayest guys in locker room history has tarnished his reputation similar to Terrell Owens (who probably should be very high on this list) tearing teams apart.
                        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                        Originally posted by GoRavens
                        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• BigBanger, you need to check out Bradshaw's stats in those SB wins. He played out of his mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                            That was actually pretty hilarious. And I agree with him about himself and Rod Woodson. Both of those could be argued as the best CBs to ever play. And then Rod switched to safety and was still an All-Pro. Both of them are too low.

I don't know about #4. BUt there are a lot of complaints I could make about this list already.
                            You take Deion and Rod on your team. I'll man up with Mike Haynes and Mel Blount.

Too bad ESPN wasn't around in the 1970s.

Comment

• Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              BigBanger, you need to check out Bradshaw's stats in those SB wins. He played out of his mind.
                              I've watched all of the Super Bowl games he was in and they were some (the two match ups vs the Cowboys) of the best Super Bowl games ever, and Bradshaw was a big part of those wins, but let's not act like his first Super Bowl win had anything to do with him having a great game. He played pretty good in Super Bowls (SB 13 was the only one where he really "played out of his mind"). His career was littered with big plays that complimented a run heavy offense and one of the greatest perennial defenses of all-time. I don't mind him on the list (since he was good in big games), but I think he should be one of those guys in the 80s or 90s. Not 50th overall. After all, he was nearly run out of Pittsburgh during his first several years and got bashed by the media and fans alike as much as any other player in NFL history. It's just hard for me to ignore 5 years of terrible QB play and act like they didn't happen. He was a product of his surroundings. I'll take a guy like Randy White who was dominate, relied on no else and then went ahead and revolutionized the position.

And the only thing more appalling than having Deion Sanders 34 is the little vignette they had for Bruce Smith. "And who is the 31st best player on our list..." cut to a picture of a dead white guy that was a Bills fan. And then the guy that talks about him... is the dead guys son who was a toddler during Smith's prime? What a ******* joke. This is NFLN and they have people presenting these players that have no clue what they're talking about. Everyone of these guys should have opponents or teammates talking about them, not some ******* 25 year old kid that had a dad that was a Bills fan.
                              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                              Originally posted by GoRavens
                              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• they shouldve put deion on #21, he wouldve been happy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information