No announcement yet.

Jets & Revis reach agreement on new deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This contract is so much lower than I thought it would be. $32 million guaranteed is less than what Haynesworth got.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

So maybe Revis wasn't being ridiculously greedy as most people depicted? That or the deal was reported wrong.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Aren't Braylon, David Harris and Santonio's contracts up after this year? This may have to be their year right now.
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          So maybe Revis wasn't being ridiculously greedy as most people depicted? That or the deal was reported wrong.
          After seeing the money Revis got, it makes no sense why it took so long. The only real reason I can think of is that they were doing this for Hard Knocks.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He gets to negotiate another contract at 28 years old.
            Peyton Manning Fanboy
            Originally posted by Complex
            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              After seeing the money Revis got, it makes no sense why it took so long. The only real reason I can think of is that they were doing this for Hard Knocks.
              This. Everyone reported the Jets offered him somewhere around 100 million-120 million and he refused it. Now he just rolls over for a measly 32 million. Certainly looks like it was for hard knocks.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Oh please. You mean he was willing to risk missing an entire Training Camp & Pre-season, and the Jets were willing to risk him coming out week 1 rusty for a TV show? The only people who benefit from Hard Knocks ratings are HBO, not the Jets or Revis. That makes no sense at all from either side, and it's actually pretty stupid 2 think it was for that reason.

32 million is alot, plus the fact that he's gonna get another HUGE deal at 28 is pretty nice and I'm sure enticing to him. He'll probably have 4 or so more elite years left and still be in his prime.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The structure of the 120 million, 10 year deal was likely bad for Revis. Many of those very long-term deals are set up to give a ton of money in the last couple of years which the team has no intention of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Oh please. You mean he was willing to risk missing an entire Training Camp & Pre-season, and the Jets were willing to risk him coming out week 1 rusty for a TV show? The only people who benefit from Hard Knocks ratings are HBO, not the Jets or Revis. That makes no sense at all from either side, and it's actually pretty stupid 2 think it was for that reason.

32 million is alot, plus the fact that he's gonna get another HUGE deal at 28 is pretty nice and I'm sure enticing to him. He'll probably have 4 or so more elite years left and still be in his prime.

and youre being polite about it.

he did it for hard knocks? really? thats the stupidest thing ive seen on these boards in a very long time, and ive been here through starheather and bce and a host of others from the brain trust. but really? stop being ignorant, its embarrassing and kills your credibility. not yours LL, just the other numb nuts.

and also learn to read people: his 120 mil offer contained no guarenteed money or very very little. his re-offer was 10 year 162 mil with 40+mil guarenteed. and of course the jets said no, too much with no cba in place and too long.
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

It just brings more attention to the Jets which is what they want. Not really about the ratings as you said that just helps HBO. I don't think they $100 million was ever realistic but I still expected more money than this even though the deal is only 4 years.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

yes....okay people. They did it for Hard Knocks....

Timing and gauranteed money are huge. He gets big money now. Likely bigger money at 28, which will either be a monster, or allow for another contract later on. That is more contracts than most people get...with plenty of gauranteed cash.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Didn't he forfeit $20 million guaranteed for this...? Basically, giving up $20 million over 3 for $32 million over 4.

If so, this deal just doesn't seem as impressive.

Good for him I guess

Comment

i think he took the shorter contract so he can sign with the giants in 4 years to be on a winner after Sanchez holds them back this year, and they no money to retain Braylon, Santonio, or David Harris next year and falter
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Wasn't Revis doing this because he was afraid one play could ruin his career so he wanted big money now? Now everyone is saying he's set himself up for an even bigger deal in 4 years but then one has to ask what if something happens to Revis. Whatever this is doesn't make sense.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

OK my point was kinda in jest anyway but really...the stupidest thing you've ever heard???

If the Jets get nothing from Hard Knocks, why would anytime let them in to showcase them during the grind of training camp? This not only helps ratings but will also put more asses in the seats throughout the season which is what they need, but yeah you're right I suppose the Jets don't get any revenue from ticket sales!!!

Also, why throughout the summer has Darrelle Revis stated he wants 50c more than Asomghua who was the highest paid CB in the league but take a contract for less?

It's also not unheard of for veterans to miss training camp in holdouts, mainly because they dont want to be in camp.

I really dont want to sound like BCE and join the whole the NFL is a big conspiracy thing but if you're thinking there is no possible way this could be part of it then you're kidding yourself.

Why would the Jets create this whole big drama over the summer with their best player, have him holdout, have it shown on national TV, have their GM literally pulling his hair out over not getting Revis signed, have their GM come out and say they are preparing for the season without Revis the same day that their HC somehow tracks him down in Florida for a man-to-man and have him sign his contract on the last episode of Hard Knocks? Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information