No announcement yet.

Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Panthers will be a great 1st test for the Giants defense. They have a dominant oline and RB duo, and they have a dominant WR in Steve Smith.

I want to see how they defend Smith, and how they play against the run. We'll get a good idea of what this defense is made of in week 1.

Carolina owns us too. Its a great first test.

Carolina's underrated dline is built to give our oline fits as well. Our oline struggles with speed rushers, and Brown and Hardy are going to burn that edge. They have very good CBs too, which will be a good test vs our young WRs.

I'm tellin ya, people are sleeping on Carolina. I have them winning the division. Yes. Winning the division.

Carolina is going to be a great test for the Giants, to see where we stand early.

Comment

giants need to watch out for greg hardy, the man beast himself.
      E]

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post

Is Mike, Mike and Mike doing the 2nd MNF game again? They were so terrible last year it wasn't even watchable.
        Yea right. Mike Ditka in the booth is a win every time. Mike Golic is really good too, they were awesome together and far from terrible.

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
        I think I'd really like our chances if I felt we could put any pressure on Henne, who I am far from sold on. I still think Buffalo can definitely win this game, but I don't know what's stopping Marshall, Ronnie, and Ricky from moving the chains at will.
        You really think Trent Edwards throwing to Lee Evans and no TE is going to put up more points then Henne to Marshall? Not to say upsets can't happen because they always do but it's just always funny when week 1 gets here that everybody thinks their team is gonna win. Especially looking at how much better Miami is on defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post

If they limit the turnovers they can't lose? Really???
          Yes really.

In the Jets seven losses last year all but one game didnt involve 3 or more turnovers. That was vs Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by timewaster View Post
            Yes really.

In the Jets seven losses last year all but one game didnt involve 3 or more turnovers. That was vs Miami.
            I just think the Jets offense is mediocre and our defense should be able to stop them more than our offense will be stopped. I don't see us turning the ball over much this year and that is your only chance to beat us. No way you win the offensive battle so you better force multiple turnovers to have a chance. You won't be running on us and you have Mark Sanchez so the passing game won't be to scary.
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Yes really.

Thats because you have Sanchez throwing the football, so saying that ALL you have to do is limit that isnt just that easy. Also, that isnt the only thing you guys have to worry about. Have fun with Ray ray, and Flaccos new targets.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Yes really.

Love to hear guys talk about their team before week 1. But hey, as long as you guys limit turnovers on offense, you'll go 16-0, CANNOT lose. Book it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Hell, I'm like the opposite. I'm worried the Giants are gonna lose to the Panthers.

I just have no faith in Perry Fewell at all.

Comment

Some pretty interesting match ups on the slate for Week 1. Just a few I thought were very intriguing.

Indianapolis @ Houston - I think in order for the Texans to prove they are a serious playoff contender this season, they have get past the Indianapolis obstacle. The Colts are a team that has historically had their number, it would be a major boost for that teams confidence to get the season off with a big division win over the Colts. Although I'm sure Peyton Manning will have something to say about that.

Cincinnati @ New England - Finally a chance to see all of the Bengals new weapons in action in a meaningful game. Both of these teams have strong hopes of repeating as champs within their divisions, how will New England's young Defense respond? and what will Brady, Bellichick have in store for this season?

Green Bay @ Philadelphia - Kevin Kolb era begins in Philly.. will he have a rough outing facing one of the strongest looking teams in the NFC? I think early on every throw of his will be heavily scrutinized because of the guy he's replacing.

Baltimore @ NY Jets - have to wait until Monday to see this one but I'm eager to see how Revis plays after missing the entire off-season activities. This is supposed to be a big break through year for Flacco with the Offensive upgrades... the Jets defense will provide a big test for them. While everyone is awaiting to see how Sanchez makes his jump from year 1 to 2.

Comment

With one catch Sunday Tony G will be the first TE ever with 1000 catches.

Comment

Picking games huh? Here are my preds. Think I should go 16-0.

Minnsota vs New Orleans
                        NO: 34-31

Cleveland vs Tampa Bay
                        TB: 27-14

Oakland vs Tennessee
                        TEN: 41-0

Houston vs Indianapolis
                        IND:28-21

Green Bay vs Philadelphia
                        GB: 37-21

San Francisco vs Seattle
                        SEA: 17-14

Carolina vs New York
                        NY: 35-3

Atlanta vs Pittsburgh
                        ATL: 20-10

Miami vs Buffalo
                        BUF: 20-17 OT

Cincinnatti vs New England
                        NE: 27-21

Denver vs Jacksonville
                        DEN: 20-19

Chicago vs Detroit
                        CHI: 20-9

Arizona vs Saint Louis
                        STL: 24-14

Dallas vs Washington
                        DAL: 35-27

Baltimore vs New York
                        NY: 21-7

San Diego vs Kansas City
                        SD: 35-14

Comment

For those interested, here is the coverage map for Sunday's games:

http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-1

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Yea right. Mike Ditka in the booth is a win every time. Mike Golic is really good too, they were awesome together and far from terrible.

You really think Trent Edwards throwing to Lee Evans and no TE is going to put up more points then Henne to Marshall? Not to say upsets can't happen because they always do but it's just always funny when week 1 gets here that everybody thinks their team is gonna win. Especially looking at how much better Miami is on defense.
                            Their defense doesn't terrify me.
                            And don't say no TE. Stupar is better than our #2 WR. Ouch. Parrish looks good, though. Ouch, again.

But I am not wowed by Miami, yet. I admit that the recipe is there for them to have the ball for 40 minutes, but the opener in Buffalo plus some offensive life keeps me from resigning to expecting a loss. I'd expect Marshall to do the same exact thing Moss did to us in Week 1 last year, a game we should have won.
                            Last edited by SuperMcGee; 09-07-2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Chiefs are going dooooownnnnnnnnnn

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                                giants need to watch out for greg hardy, the man beast himself.
                                It will be interesting to see how the Tuck, Kiwi, JPP and Osi line works. I think it's called NASCAR formation or personnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information