X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Chiefs are going dooooownnnnnnnnnn
    No! It is the other way around!

The Chargers historically (at least recently) start out slow. We might be able to steal one here!

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

If SD jumps ahead early and the Chiefs are forced to pass it won't be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        pretty confident the browns beat tampa. it is on the road, but we matchup really really well with them.
        Switch the team names around and you have my opinion (minus the on the road part).

We'll be in the all whites and Cleveland's going to be in those dark browns in what's going to be 90+ degree weather with unbearable humidity.
        Crowd noise won't be an issue for Jakey D though, tons of empty seats.

Freeman's practicing without the glove, but who knows if he'll play.
        No Talib, so Massaquoi's gonna get a lot of passes his way.
        Winslow's going to have a big day against those backers/safeties.

Comment

Green Bay in Philly. I don't like when we go to the Linc.

Comment

Im curious to see how we handle Welker. I assume we will have Joseph on Moss like glue with help over the top from Crocker/Roy.
            But I wanna see how much respect we give Welker off the injury and stick Hall on him or if we let our NB or DB line up on him.
            Considering Pacman played as a starter most of the preseason and was very impressive, not too much of a downgrade really.

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

I have no delusions that the Browns are going to be good this year and I expect us to pick in the Top 10, but I think the Browns are going to start 2-0 and in order to do that, they have to beat the Bucs.

Tampa's DLine is at a huge disadvantage against the Browns offensive line and our rushing offense. As Ndamukong Suh found out in the preseason, Alex Mack is really good and Shawn Lauvao is no slouch. Gerald McCoy is going to have a difficult time getting penetration. Joe Thomas is Joe Thomas and unlike in the past few years, the Browns have a right side of the line with Lauvao and Pashos. On top of that, the Browns bring Lawrence Vickers who is nothing short of a bulldozer at fullback. The Browns are going to be able to run the ball with Harrison, Hillis, and Davis.

I have no expectations from Jake Delhomme, but I really don't think he's going to have to do to do a ton in this game and then the Browns still have Josh Cribbs which is difficult for any defense to deal with.

Kellen Winslow could have an enormous game... the Browns have struggled against tight ends, but I'll take our corners over Tampa's receivers all day long. Eric Wright, Sheldon Brown, and Joe Haden make an effective trio.

The X-factor is going to be whether or not the Bucs can run the ball. Athyba Rubin is a solid nose tackle, but Shaun Rogers is a question mark to play and the rest of the front seven is pretty iffy, but we'll see what surprises Rob Ryan brings to this game.

And then I'll take our special teams against anyone, for whatever that's worth.

I think the Browns are going to pound the ball the entire game and Tampa's defense is going to get worn down and the Browns will win in a low scoring affair.

Comment

Fair assessment. I've run into far too many Browns (and Bucs) fans with little to no perspective. THEY SUX, MEGA BLOWOUT BRUH.

Yes, the young DL is in serious **** with that OL. Take into account that we have one of the worst pairs of DE's in the league and it seems even worse. McCoy and Price have been a revelation in preseason and have been 10 fold better than Hovan (puke) and Sims (puke harder) right away. The way I see it, our front seven is no worse than Cleveland's, especially with our backers. Carnell and Kareem should do well.

Don't come into this game with the preconceived notion that we're running the defense of our namesake. Morris blitzes a lot and utilizes 3-4 and 3-3-5 looks.

I'll take Tampa's secondary over Cleveland's wideouts/TEs. Tanard Jackson would have been to multiple Pro Bowls had he been in a larger market team. Barber is unpredictable in the slot. Talib is out, but there's a young riser named EJ Biggers coming in his place.

Special Teams is a push. We've been in the Top 3 in coverage and return average for the past 3 seasons.

Seems like an even game... blows it's going to be blacked out so I'm hoping some Brownie streams it.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                  I have no expectations from Jake Delhomme, but I really don't think he's going to have to do to do a ton in this game and then the Browns still have Josh Cribbs which is difficult for any defense to deal with.
                  He is a great SP teams player but he has done very little as an offensive player, he had 20 catches last year Brandon Marshall had 20 in one game.

I'm not saying he isn't a threat he is, I just think outside of SP teams he is not all that great, he only has 4 non SPT's TD's 2 rushing and 2 receiving in 5 years.

Comment

Stephen Williams - 4 catches, 80 yards, 2 touchdowns

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      He is a great SP teams player but he has done very little as an offensive player, he had 20 catches last year Brandon Marshall had 20 in one game.

I'm not saying he isn't a threat he is, I just think outside of SP teams he is not all that great, he only has 4 non SPT's TD's 2 rushing and 2 receiving in 5 years.
                      Up until this year (hopefully), the guy has had no clue what to do as a wide receiver. This preseason, he's actually looked the part a little bit, but that's not what makes him scary.

Josh Cribbs had 381 yards on 55 carries last year, which is 6.9 yards per carry. 21 of those carries were for 1st downs. And when he's in the game, it's not like people don't know he's coming... he's just that big of a pain in the ass to stop. And we had no passing game whatsoever either.

Ask the Steelers... the dude basically beat them by himself.

Comment

Don't knock Josh Cribbs, he is now Cleveland's biggest sports star.

hahahahaha

Comment

Talib being out is huge considering he is the best player on our team. Raheem Morris should have the defense ready to stop(contain) the run, his defense allowed 17 ppg after he took over as DC.

I expect a low scoring game with the first team to 20 winning. Our running game will likely be ass again, so its all on Freeman to run around and make some plays.
                          save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Actor View Post
                            Oakland vs Tennessee
                            TEN: 41-0
                            Seriously? Get real.

Comment

Rams are gonna win by two touchdowns.

Comment

As long as both go to SJax, I am ok with that

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters