Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush loses Heisman

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...hheisman090710

Now i know its yahoo, but they do get a lot of stuff right. What do you guys think?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
    Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Espn is reporting it too.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      Espn is reporting it too.
      Yeah, i just turned on sportscenter and saw it.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
      Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Should put this in the college football section.

But I couldn't care less about Bush. If anything, I agree with the decision to strip it.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

im gonna remember him as the best player in college football in 2006 regardless of the USC shenanigans.

i dont agree with them taking it away from him, it doesnt really do any good 4 years later. bush is making another $8 million this year in base salary, im sure hes not totally devastated
          E]

Comment

It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Reggie Bush could give 2 shits about it.

Comment

It's stupid. Nothing he did off the field influenced his play on the field. He didn't cheat the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  It's over and done with taking it away changes nothing.
                  Yeah, he was still by far the best player in college football that year throughout the regular season (remember, the Heisman is a regular season award) and this doesn't change that. Anyone who watched college football that year will remember what Bush did.

Comment

It's not like the Heisman is a huge deal like it used to be, it's no different then what the NFL pro bowl has become a popularity contest.

Comment

Most people today don't believe in any accountability in college football. Bush's family was living in a HOUSE paid for by an agent while he was at USC, among other illegal payments.
                      USC is on a near death penalty probation specifically because of the actions of Reggie Bush.

He'll never be able to step foot on the campus again without his name being mud.

He's the most disgraced USC runner since O.J., and he brought it all on himself because of his ego.

You can say losing the Heisman means nothing to Bush.
                      I bet it does.

The NCAA isn't spotless, but we can't act like 'rules' don't matter either.
                      How would folks feel if Phil Knight was paying top Oregon recruits $150,000 large to play for the Ducks, chump change for a guy like him??

Fans nowadays have become so cynical, I really have a hard time understanding the appeal of a site like SWDC.

It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??

Reggie Bush is a loser. Still, a rich one, but the fact remains he put his own needs above those of his teammates.

If I was on the NC teams, I'd be pissed off at the guy for life. USC fans can claim until the end of time they really won those championships, except that they didn't.

Comment

Just to clarify: is his name being taken out of the record books as a Heisman winner, or do they actually come to pick up the Heisman trophy from Bush? Because if he keeps the trophy who gives a damn about what the record book says.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off
                          E]

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                            It's like we're all debating the merits of professional wrestling...who cares if it's all fake anyway??
                            It's still real to me dammit...

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                              bush was a pampered athlete his whole life....if any of you say you wouldnt take free stuff from a top national championship program to play for them while your in college and busting your ass to play football for them i would call you a liar. i cant blame bush for taking such "gifts", i would have done the same and probably asked for more. this goes on USC, not an 17-18 year old RB

thats a good point...do they actually take the trophy? i would have that ***** melted down and tell them to **** off
                              If this is how you really feel, the member universities of the NCAA need to end the pretense, abandon the NCAA and form their own athletic association.

Treat them all like minor league prospects, pay them whatever you want and let them juice up like Dominican baseball players.
                              Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 09-07-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information