Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Team This Year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The Chiefs running game alone will keep them out of this race.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post

      why you!
      Damned kids and their rebel rousing

      bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Splat View Post
        The Chiefs running game alone will keep them out of this race.
        I think Jamaal Charles a lot more than most, he helped we win all my fantasy leagues last year, but the rush defenses he did well against last year weren't the best around. In the 6 games he gained 90+ yards the ranks of the run defenses were 29th, 20th, 30th, 28th, 7th, and 26th. Not trying to take anything away from him, just saying. Even if their running game is top 10 the Chiefs still have a very weak run defense, mediocre passing game, and slightly above average pass defense

        Comment


        • #49
          Bills! Not much more to say. Most bad teams from last year have something to be excited about, but not Buffalo.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            Damned kids and their rebel rousing
            "rabble" rousing.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              I think Jamaal Charles a lot more than most, he helped we win all my fantasy leagues last year, but the rush defenses he did well against last year weren't the best around. In the 6 games he gained 90+ yards the ranks of the run defenses were 29th, 20th, 30th, 28th, 7th, and 26th. Not trying to take anything away from him, just saying. Even if their running game is top 10 the Chiefs still have a very weak run defense, mediocre passing game, and slightly above average pass defense
              It's not just Charles they have Jones and Mcclusster as well, and Romeo Crennel alone will improve their D the players have been buying everything he is selling all off season.

              The Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but to say they are going to be the worst team in the NFL is taking it to far.

              Comment


              • #52
                I agree. I doubt we sniff the playoffs but I think it's more likely we're a playoff team than the worst team in the NFL.

                Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I think Jamaal Charles a lot more than most, he helped we win all my fantasy leagues last year, but the rush defenses he did well against last year weren't the best around. In the 6 games he gained 90+ yards the ranks of the run defenses were 29th, 20th, 30th, 28th, 7th, and 26th. Not trying to take anything away from him, just saying. Even if their running game is top 10 the Chiefs still have a very weak run defense, mediocre passing game, and slightly above average pass defense
                  I hate this logic. "He did well against the bad teams." Yeah, he did what he's supposed to do and succeeded where he should have succeeded. It's hardly his fault that the coaching staff kept running LJ out there for the first 7 games. Besides, no matter the opponent, JC did something last year that no other RB in the history of the game has done. He rushed for more than 1,000 yds with less than 200 carries and he smashed it! How about more than 1,100 yds on 190 carries.

                  Steven Jackson had a very similar season to JC as far as production against bad opponents. He had 7 100 yd games 6 of them cam against #16 or below rush defense and 4 of those came against #21 or below. He did get GB (#1) for 117. I'm not trying to disparage Steven Jackson. Rather, I'm showing that alot of RBs feast on the weak. JC had 5 100 yd games in 9 starts and 4 of them came against the #26 run defense and below. He did get Cincy (#7) for 102.

                  CJ2K had 10 games against the bottom half of the leagues run defense. In those 10 games he ran for 1241 yds. That's an amazing number! Thats a desent season for some guys and he did it in 10 games.

                  AD had 7 90+ yd games. 4 of them came against the #23 or worse

                  All I'm saying is that's what the good backs do, they get big yardage when the opponents are weak.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Like I said, I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying that his production last year can be attributed more to the strength of schedule than anything else. To say whether or not the Chiefs running game is good or bad based on 8 games against weak run defenses is stupid. One thing that I will say, however, is that I doubt Charles puts up numbers like he did the last half of last year and I don't think the Chiefs running game will finish in the top 10.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      Only real contenders, imo

                      Browns
                      Chiefs
                      Lions
                      Bills
                      Jaguars
                      Rams

                      Answers like the Cardinals and Broncos confuse me.
                      Cardinals minus Warner, Boldin, Rolle and Dansby, losing 2 of thier 3 best players on offense and defense (IMO), with Derek Anderson starting at QB whats confusing?? Although the Division itself is nothing special yet....

                      Broncos traded away Marshall, have no true go to guy that alters opponents defensive game plan, and with Dumerville out for the year who on defense is going to pick up the slack and scare offensive coordinators??

                      They have good players on both teams still but losing top end talent like that hurts regardless, and I believe Arizona particularly will really be hurt by the QB position, Warner was special, Anderson is... Well NOT...

                      I can see why people are picking Buffalo, and I think they will fight St. Louis for the top pick, however, minus the Skins game their starting offense looked better, and the secondary is one of the best in the league when healthy. I am surprised the Seahawks are not in the conversation, if Hasselback goes down can Whitehurst lead the team? Who is going to rush the passer?? Then will the secondary get exposed? I do like the direction they went in the draft...
                      "It must be contract year!"

                      Deion Sanders

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                        Like I said, I am not trying to take anything away from him. I am just saying that his production last year can be attributed more to the strength of schedule than anything else. To say whether or not the Chiefs running game is good or bad based on 8 games against weak run defenses is stupid. One thing that I will say, however, is that I doubt Charles puts up numbers like he did the last half of last year and I don't think the Chiefs running game will finish in the top 10.
                        Look at their schedule again. The Chiefs play a pretty easier schedule than last year. I know that things change from year to year, but this schedule definitely plays in the Chiefs favor, both with their record and ability to run the ball. By the way, which team finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing during the preseason? That's right the Chiefs. Preseason don't mean much, but it does show a franchise philosophy that running the ball is important and we have more than enough capable RBs to get it done. If the Chiefs aren't top 10 in rushing yards, they will be top 10 in rushing attempts and Haley/Weis will die trying to run the ball.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          The Rams were so awful last yr. some teams might overlook them & get bushwhacked. They will be drafting in the top 5 though as will 2/3rds of the Florida teams, Tampa Bay & J-Ville.

                          2011 draft order:

                          1) Buffalo 2-14
                          2) Tampa Bay 3-13
                          3) Browns 3-13
                          4) Rams 4-12
                          5) Jags 4-12

                          Yes this is the season the Stafford leads the Lions out of loserdom (more likely with Suh dominating entire games b/c he's a once in a decade DT, isn't he?), Mangini gets canned in Cleveland so Walrus Holmgren can bring in his own staff, & Del Rio done in J-Ville. And Lovie Smith gets booted in the NFC North b/c their OL can't protect Cutler.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            It's not just Charles they have Jones and Mcclusster as well, and Romeo Crennel alone will improve their D the players have been buying everything he is selling all off season.

                            The Chiefs are in no way a playoff team but to say they are going to be the worst team in the NFL is taking it to far.

                            Sorry, not buying that just yet.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I think the Chiefs will start to surprise people but will struggle when they get down early because I dont trust Cassel to be able to lead the team.

                              bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                They'd be an 8-8 team with a decent QB, I see 5-11 or 6-10 for them. They can't pass and can't stop the run.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information