No announcement yet.

Worst Team This Year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if I was to buy into the Chiefs running game, which remains to be seen, the other things I said still stand. Crennel is not going to be able to turn the defense from one of the worst running defenses in the league to good and the pass defense will suffer due to lack of pass rush. Looking at their schedule I see 4-6 wins so I do think they will be competing for the top pick.

As for the Cardinals and Broncos. The Cardinals defense, mostly their run defense, is a lot better than people give it credit for and they should have a pretty good running game this year with Hightower and Wells. They also play a pretty easy schedule and even though Derek Anderson sucks he will look decent because of Fitz. The Broncos are going to be mediocre pretty much across the board, imo, but they are not bad enough anywhere to be competing for the top pick
    Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-08-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      They'd be an 8-8 team with a decent QB, I see 5-11 or 6-10 for them. They can't pass and can't stop the run.
      Not only that, but they'll find out how worthless "guru" coordinators are when they have no talent to work with.

Comment

It isn't like this is 2004 or something. These guys were "guru/masterminds" that went to two different places and failed miserably. Crennel wasn't even in the league last year.

Comment

I don't know who is going to be the worst team in football will be this year, but I guarantee it will be a team whose fanbase is denying that they will have a top five pick this year. There are 32 fanbases that think their team is going to be better than they really are.

Comment

It isn't like this is 2004 or something. These guys were "guru/masterminds" that went to two different places and failed miserably. Crennel wasn't even in the league last year.
            For being such a great offensive mind, I find it interesting that New England's offense actually got better after Weis left.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              For being such a great offensive mind, I find it interesting that New England's offense actually got better after Weis left.
              In 2004 they were better than they were in 2005-2006. They got better in 2007 for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                In 2004 they were better than they were in 2005-2006. They got better in 2007 for obvious reasons
                Exactly. Players>plays.

Comment

Romeo Crennel is going to play nose tackle.

The Chiefs won 4 games last year, yet with virtually the same roster, people are supposed to believe they are going to improve.

They can't stop the run or rush the passer and the only thing they did to try to help that is bringing in a new defensive coordinator.

Did the Chiefs have some good players get hurt last year that are coming back this year? If not, what happens if they have a key injury?

And it's not like Chiefs fans are the only one who think this... football outsiders has them winning the division. I don't see it.

Are they gonna be the worst team in the NFL? Probably not, but I think they are picking in the Top 5 again.

I'm also perplexed by the fact people have the Browns getting worse from last year, but they are the Browns, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                    Sorry, I didn't mean that they got immediately better. But yeah, over the last three years the offense has been better than they were under Weis.

Comment

I was done with Weis after watching the Notre Dame-Michigan game last year when Golden Tate was having his way over and over with Cissoko and they just stopped throwing it to Tate at the end of the game and lost. Notre Dame should have put up 70+ on that Michigan defense.

Weis is notorious for getting way too cute with his playcalling.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean that they got immediately better. But yeah, over the last three years the offense has been better than they were under Weis.
                        And that improvement has really nothing to do with the offensive coordinator. Give any competent coordinator Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and a good offensive line and the offense is going to be one of the best there is.

Comment

I think it will go like this:

Packers: 0-16
                          Bills: 2-14
                          Broncos: 3-13
                          Bucs: 3-13
                          Seahawks: 4-12
                          Rams: 4-12
                          Chiefs: 5-11
                          Jags: 5-11
                          Cardinals: 6-10

Or something like that.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

The Broncos went 2-6 at the end of the season, lost at home to the Chiefs, lost their best two players and still have Kyle Orton. Yes, they will win four games at most. My bet is more like three. They ended the season in a way that represented their team's actual talent level. Now without Marshall and Dumervil, what do they have? They may win some games because the division they are in is pathetic. That may save them from the abyss.
                            Kyle Orton is literally ten times the QB of any starter on every other team that has been mentioned. And Kyle Orton isn't even that good. He just shits on Delhomme/Edwards/a rookie.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              The Rams were so awful last yr. some teams might overlook them & get bushwhacked. They will be drafting in the top 5 though as will 2/3rds of the Florida teams, Tampa Bay & J-Ville.

2011 draft order:

1) Buffalo 2-14
                              2) Tampa Bay 3-13
                              3) Browns 3-13
                              4) Rams 4-12
                              5) Jags 4-12

Yes this is the season the Stafford leads the Lions out of loserdom (more likely with Suh dominating entire games b/c he's a once in a decade DT, isn't he?), Mangini gets canned in Cleveland so Walrus Holmgren can bring in his own staff, & Del Rio done in J-Ville. And Lovie Smith gets booted in the NFC North b/c their OL can't protect Cutler.
                              5-7 wins is more like it for Tampa. I just dont see them doing the same or worst last year. They WILL improve.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                I'm also perplexed by the fact people have the Browns getting worse from last year, but they are the Browns, so we'll see.
                                I think its Delholme. People hate him, but then they have to remember just how bad the Browns QBs were last season, and Delholme is an upgrade.

I like the line, a veteran QB, and probably a solid run game. There are some talented players on the defense, but as I whole I think its a weak unit. I don't see much of a pass rush.

I think the Browns win 5-6 this year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information