No announcement yet.

Any locks for the week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would put my money on San Francisco destroying Seattle.

Comment

Green Bay, Atlanta, San Diego, in that order.

Green Bay matches up excellent with the Eagles on both sides of the ball. It's a case where strengths and weaknesses work heavily in our advantage. Kevin Kolb won't be able to keep up with Aaron Rodgers in his first game, not even close.

Atlanta is consistent, they have a reliable QB, the offense can move the ball. I am completely confident that the Steelers offense is going to be the worst, #32 in the league, for the first 4 weeks. They should have started Batch.

San Diego will show up on Monday night. They are talented, like always, and the Chiefs are definitely not. Philip Rivers is going to tear it up even though he's missing some players. Rivers is an absolute stud. He doesn't need Vincent Jackson to rip apart even a good defense.

Bonus: Indy over Houston. Indy has a ridiculous regular season record and they are true professionals that will show up in regular season form week 1. Not sure that's true about Houston. Also Houston has been getting a lot of hype all offseason. Wouldn't be surprised if they came out flat, maybe open the season 4-4 very similar to the Packers last year.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
        Bonus: Indy over Houston. Indy has a ridiculous regular season record and they are true professionals that will show up in regular season form week 1. Not sure that's true about Houston. Also Houston has been getting a lot of hype all offseason. Wouldn't be surprised if they came out flat, maybe open the season 4-4 very similar to the Packers last year.
        I wouldn't be so confident in Indy. Like Shiver mentioned in another thread, they will likely be starting UDFA Jeff Linkenbach at left tackle and he'll be going up against Mario Williams most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          I wouldn't be so confident in Indy. Like Shiver mentioned in another thread, they will likely be starting UDFA Jeff Linkenbach at left tackle and he'll be going up against Mario Williams most of the game.
          That's good to know. I knew they had some new holes in their line this year. I'm pretty sure Peyton will still put together good drives all game but I wouldn't put money on it. They might have to use Dallas Clark as a blocker most of the game.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Houston took them to the brink twice last year. If I am not mistaken they had the lead against the Colts in both games. It will be tough to knock them off in their home opener, let alone with such a terrible situation on their O-Line. I have a feeling Houston makes a huge statement and knocks off the Colts.

Comment

The steelers should beat the falcons straight up atlanta just isnt very impressive
              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

What are the games you wouldn't touch either way?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Indy 2 over Texans is a huuuuge lock.

Comment

Charles Woodson skull******* Kevin Kolb is a solid bet.

Comment

What are the games you wouldn't touch either way?
                      I would run like hell from NE-Cincy and Ari-Stl.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        I would run like hell from NE-Cincy and Ari-Stl.
                        Well, I like the over in the New England game. The Patriots will have to throw like hell to keep up with the Bengals especially if the Bengals expose the Pats secondary like I think they should and will.

Comment

Detroit is going to beat Chicago, so I'd make them a lock to be the spread.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Ari-Stl.
                            I like the upset potential in this one. Who knows what kind of QB play the Cards are going to get and there are so many new faces in STL.

That, and I kind of just want to see STL win that game.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Well, I like the over in the New England game. The Patriots will have to throw like hell to keep up with the Bengals especially if the Bengals expose the Pats secondary like I think they should and will.
                              I like that one too and I think if Detroit loses it will be by a field goal. Too scared to bet on it though because I don't know exactly what the Bears are going to look like this year and even though the Lions dwarf them on talent it's a young team that's used to losing and they can lose to the worst team in the league any given Sunday just because they aren't mentally prepared.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I like that one too and I think if Detroit loses it will be by a field goal. Too scared to bet on it though because I don't know exactly what the Bears are going to look like this year and even though the Lions dwarf them on talent it's a young team that's used to losing and they can lose to the worst team in the league any given Sunday just because they aren't mentally prepared.
                                I could see a blowout by Chicago, or a close win by either team. I think it's sloppy regardless. Screams no action to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information